Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wind the clock back 3 years. You get to pick any of the folks who were interested in the job.

Name your choice. Better, name one that meets your criteria.

That's the problem. We aren't high enough in the pecking order to lure a proven commodity. We have to roll the dice.

We rolled and (IMO) lost on this round.
Do we have any idea who was interested outside of Collins? Whiz seemed like a courtesy interview at best. I agree about where we stand in the pecking order. If we cut bait now we’re fighting with LSU, VT, probably Duke, and others.

Maybe we can steal Monken from GA. They seem to like him so it’s a win-win.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Wind the clock back 3 years. You get to pick any of the folks who were interested in the job.

That's the problem. We aren't high enough in the pecking order to lure a proven commodity. We have to roll the dice.

7 year contract. That’s the killer. Everyone makes bad hires but to give him a 7 year contract is the problem. 5 year contract and you could’ve fired him this year no problem.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
So real question at this point, if your Tstan , what do you do knowing the funding issue and that he was your hire.

Do you ask Collins to fire his staff or do you fire Collins / ask him to resign .

We're stuck in a big hole now
You tell Collins that it ain’t working and then ask Collins that if he loves GT as much as he says does then he should resign.

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
Look what he has done down the street at GSU with no football history. Winning seasons, bowl games, beats rival GSU. Probably get him for a little over a million per year. Buyout is only $400,000. Offense improvements year over year. Beat Tenn and almost beat Wisconsin and Auburn. We can afford him and pay off Collins. Collins can recruit but this is the most undisciplined team I’ve seen.

• 81st in Total Offense in 2017
  • 90th in Total Offense in 2018
  • 31st in Total Offense in 2019
  • 12th in Total Offense in 2020
Yea he lost to the citadel which ran the triple option wile interm coach at S.C.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Eastern Tennessee State head coach. 4 years, built a winner. Was Jimbo's QB coach and OC during the FSU huge run with the Natty.

Edit: Complete wild card: I always thought Raheem Morris would be a good college coach. Would really depend on who he brings in as coordinators.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

Well put ! I just wonder how much effort went into "vetting" before the hire. I am resigned to one more year with CGC, but that will only make the next rebuild more difficult and prolonged, IMO.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Stop. We just need to spend money on recruiting support staff and defensive coordinator. You know the offense was never the issue. If we also don't help all the other schools negative recruit ourselves, weed be fine.
You can’t recruit when your head coach has a stigma that his program doesn’t send players to the league. Let the option go. We had the one guy who could make it work because of his play calling, he’s gone. Move on.