Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Well, the only way we're going to get out of this is by giving money.
I’m now willing to donate to this cause, if it truly goes to a new coach and staff? Today has nudged me over the demarcation line. Going out there next week, seems like walking into a truckload of burning Dawg poop.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
Irish making us look like a high school football team.

But hey, at least we have a really cool uniforms hype video: https://ramblinwreck.com/video-uniform-reveal-game-11-2021/

Great job, Geoff. You're really coaching them up! Not sure what happened when we beat UNC (was at MBS, maybe that was a factor), but the narrow 4 point win at Duke and the gotta-beat-em win vs. Kennesaw proves we haven't gotten one step closer to where we want to be. And we won't, with this leadership who is an 11 out of 10 on emotion, and a 2 out of 10 on talent.

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
Can we just not play UGA next week? I don’t think my heart can take any more
It's all a matter of how benevolent Kirby is feeling next week. Probably will want to put an exclamation mark on their tremendous year, but also may want to rest some people. Their third string would still beat us by 40+, easily. So, what kind of mood is kirby in? That tells you whether they win by 28, or by 50.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I need the money, too. Maybe they’ll hire me as head coach. I wouldn’t be worth a flip but I’d be a lot cheaper, so that would save GT some money and I could get into the game for free. It’s a win/win for both of us.
I guarantee you’ll win more than 3 games next year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My honest opinion.

If you are TStan you have to express confidence at this point in Collins and then carefully monitor next season. Five games into next season he will know if it is the last season for Collins or not. More meltdowns like this and he will not even finish the season.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It's all a matter of how benevolent Kirby is feeling next week. Probably will want to put an exclamation mark on their tremendous year, but also may want to rest some people. Their third string would still beat us by 40+, easily. So, what kind of mood is kirby in? That tells you whether they win by 28, or by 50.
Georgia could play 22 guys who haven’t seen the field all year and beat us by more than 28. It’s going to be 50+ no doubt

SwarmingRound

Georgia Tech Fan
Just emailed TStan...
At some point, opportunity cost of Collins staying here is going to break the bank worse than paying him to go... we are so so close to that being the case
Have you ever heard TStan speak? If so, do you still believe he's someone who knows how to make good hiring decisions? Just look at how he allowed this coach to con him. Thinking with his heart, not his brain.

But hey, at least all the players know that Geoff loves them. That's what really matters here.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Beamer is the most likely one for Geoff to emulate. Tone down the antics, demand more accountability from assistants and players, pay attention to the little things like game management, kicking, penalties, special teams, etc. Those were things that Beamer changed as well as recruiting in Virginia. It can be done but the task is daunting. It took Frank 6 years to reach a bowl. A lifetime to some fan bases.
This isn’t a shot at you but a question that I ask myself as well:

If our suggestions include replacing the coordinators and assistants and changing the very essence of who GC is, isn’t this just a vote for starting over? If we want a coach with a Beamer mentality, let’s go get a coach with a Beamer mentality. I hope GC can improve his in game decision making, but I don’t think it is smart to expect him to become a results-oriented HC, when all he has ever preached is the process and love.

I think it is folly to expect a tiger to change his stripes, or to paraphrase one of my favorite coaches “he is what he is”
471F26E1-C7CD-4B76-94D3-E255689F5E57.jpeg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My honest opinion.

If you are TStan you have to express confidence at this point in Collins and then carefully monitor next season. Five games into next season he will know if it is the last season for Collins or not. More meltdowns like this and he will not even finish the season.

Yup, I agree. Collins is coming back and we are better this year than last. But it'll be a fugly situation if we don't sniff a bowl next year. But 3 years of fugly and what is one more?

As long as TStan doesn't screw with baseball and keeps Ramsey when Hall leaves, I'm fine. And of course Pastner is our most inspiring men's major sport coach.