Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Random observation: we now have more than 4.000 replies in this thread. The only thread with more replies was the search for Johnson’s replacement. The third thread on this list was somewhere between fire CPJ / when will he retire?

We really love hiring and firing coaches.

78B877F5-CA45-4FFD-9D7E-D46B4AA48059.jpeg

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Probably not but maybe our schedule will not be quite as demanding next year. I would think that 6 or 7 wins and a bowl would be a good target for the Jackets. That, and looking like they know what they are doing on defense for a change.
When you predicted 4 wins, did you think the schedule overall would be as soft as it is?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Meyer is a guy I hope TStan has on his "I may need to call this guy" list. Meyer's daughter & son-in-law are Tech grads and former lettermen.
That would be an absolute dream come true. I consider him as the only coach who matches saban's dominance I'm the modern era.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I would call Saban, Meyer, Dabo, Fisher, and a couple of other really good coaches to send me a list of assistants that would make good Head Coaches. I would then interview the ones that are on every list.
You know the old saw about lining up all the prospects. You show them all the list and ask them who the second best prospect is on the list assuming they will pick themselves as first choice on the list. The consensus number 2 is your man.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, not really. I thought UNC in particular, would be better but this is pretty much the norm with the Coastal. Mediocrity is the ceiling for a lot of these teams. IIWII
This. People keep bashing the schedule like it’s soft. It’s not. It’s pretty standard ACC coastal schedule. No drastically better or worse than any other year the last decade.

The only thing that’s really different is that Clemson is down from normal. They still have a chance to win 10 this year too.

As you mentioned, UNC is down from what people expected and so is UM, but Pitt and UVA are better than expected.

The coastal has some of the best QB’s in the country this year. Now some of that may have to do with the defenses in the Coastal, but Pickett and Armstrong have been lights out.

I think we should have won more games (NIU especially), but this team hasn’t learned how to win close games yet. Mostly because our defense is the worst in the country.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Going to be even worse next week.
I know... looks like we are going to finish the year putting up 70+ points in each of the next 2 games.. i wonder what the record for points allowed by an ACC team in a year is. We gotta be close to setting a new one

Last edited: