Most likely wins this year

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Agreeing but praising CGC - using numbers and specifics.

This week Cgc schemed a wide open offensive and an aggressive defense against a pass happy go for broke fcs team. ( ND and TAM tried to dominate with superior talent using a conservative game plan and they lost) .

Prior Game against a mega P5 team CGC was very conservative and held them at bay for 3 quarters while building confidence at qb.

Last night cgc kept calling complex blocking plays even w mostly freshman OL. The reverse by 8 featured 71 making an excellent sideline block to free the runner for a touchdown.

So far in the SAC comparison Gt has 7 and the other guys 2. The defense back field has shown ability to get int

Cgc has their Qb ready for a tough 3 game run. In particular he has had only 2 until on long ill-advised passes. Last week the short passing game was spot on This week the run game and ol took care of business in second half.

CGC has his Qb and team ready going into a 3 game gauntlet.

The sad thing is the players gave to play in a vacant stadium because the 48,000 gt grads that live in atl area don't come to games. There is a weird thought amoung the key alumni that withholding support is the path to building a winning program. Fortunately 2 of those games are away games.

Cgc does appear to be somewhat out of it. Chasing footballs on the home team sidelines is a bad look. Never seen it before CGC

"The sad thing is the players gave to play in a vacant stadium because the 48,000 gt grads that live in atl area don't come to games. There is a weird thought amoung the key alumni that withholding support is the path to building a winning program. Fortunately 2 of those games are away games."

I'm one of the 48,000. There are some personal reasons; age, health, etc. One of the primary factors is Collins. I don't have confidence he can build a credible program. When Gibbs and the Griffen brothers were there I enjoyed watching them play ( I watched them in high school). I think the AD needs to do what's necessary to get those 48,000 in the stadium.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
"The sad thing is the players gave to play in a vacant stadium because the 48,000 gt grads that live in atl area don't come to games. There is a weird thought amoung the key alumni that withholding support is the path to building a winning program. Fortunately 2 of those games are away games."

I'm one of the 48,000. There are some personal reasons; age, health, etc. One of the primary factors is Collins. I don't have confidence he can build a credible program. When Gibbs and the Griffen brothers were there I enjoyed watching them play ( I watched them in high school). I think the AD needs to do what's necessary to get those 48,000 in the stadium.
Sorry u feel too bad u to get to games.

After firing cgc, do u have any specific ideas besides win that your AD will use to fill the stadium?

My wife is pretty bad off physically and has not picked a favorite since Ivey left for Ole Miss NIL money. This Sat she may root for him while I yell for gt .

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Agreeing but praising CGC - using numbers and specifics.

This week Cgc schemed a wide open offensive and an aggressive defense against a pass happy go for broke fcs team. ( ND and TAM tried to dominate with superior talent using a conservative game plan and they lost) .

Prior Game against a mega P5 team CGC was very conservative and held them at bay for 3 quarters while building confidence at qb.

Last night cgc kept calling complex blocking plays even w mostly freshman OL. The reverse by 8 featured 71 making an excellent sideline block to free the runner for a touchdown.

So far in the SAC comparison Gt has 7 and the other guys 2. The defense back field has shown ability to get int

Cgc has their Qb ready for a tough 3 game run. In particular he has had only 2 until on long ill-advised passes. Last week the short passing game was spot on This week the run game and ol took care of business in second half.

CGC has his Qb and team ready going into a 3 game gauntlet.

The sad thing is the players gave to play in a vacant stadium because the 48,000 gt grads that live in atl area don't come to games. There is a weird thought amoung the key alumni that withholding support is the path to building a winning program. Fortunately 2 of those games are away games.

Cgc does appear to be somewhat out of it. Chasing footballs on the home team sidelines is a bad look. Never seen it before CGC
I admit that it’s hard to get psyched to play in a low energy home environment and I think that’s what happened last night until we got the lead. But the fact the we couldn’t look dominant is disconcerting to me. I think it would have been scary had we played in cullowhee.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Sorry u feel too bad u to get to games.

After firing cgc, do u have any specific ideas besides win that your AD will use to fill the stadium?

My wife is pretty bad off physically and has not picked a favorite since Ivey left for Ole Miss NIL money. This Sat she may root for him while I yell for gt .
Wife has back issues and sitting is her achilles' heal. It's a long day with 3 hours drive time. As an older fan I don't resonate with the new marketing, ATL, 404, Money Down, etc., I realize this is meant for younger fans and players. I'm certain I am no longer in the "target" demographic to increase our fan base. We need to appeal to a fan base broader than Tech alum.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you’re close. I listed my estimate of percent chance win for each game based on perception now. The sum of the probabilities adds up to the team win total over / under of 3.5 games.

1. Western Carolina - 90%
2. Duke - 65%
3. Virginia - 40%
4. Virginia Tech - 30%
5. North Carolina - 25%
6. FSU - 25%
7. Ole Miss - 20%
8. UCF - 20%
9. Pittsburgh -15%
10. Miami - 15%
11. Clemson - 5%
12. Georgia - 2%

Two weeks in… updated numbers. We’ve underachieved (0-2 ATS) so our odds generally reduce. But some teams - looking at you UVA, have done relatively worse.

Virginia - 50%
Duke - 50%
Virginia Tech - 30%
North Carolina - 20%
UCF - 15%
Ole Miss - 15%
Miami - 15%
FSU - 10%
Pittsburgh - 10%
Georgia - 1%

This stuff changes week by week, but 3 total season wins is most likely.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Two weeks in… updated numbers. We’ve underachieved (0-2 ATS) so our odds generally reduce. But some teams - looking at you UVA, have done relatively worse.

Virginia - 50%
Duke - 50%
Virginia Tech - 30%
North Carolina - 20%
UCF - 15%
Ole Miss - 15%
Miami - 15%
FSU - 10%
Pittsburgh - 10%
Georgia - 1%

Honestly feels like we'll be lucky to get to three. My ideal season this year is we rip this bull**** Collins bandaid off and somehow get Deion to come here as a stepping stone job.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Honestly feels like we'll be lucky to get to three. My ideal season this year is we rip this bull**** Collins bandaid off and somehow get Deion to come here as a stepping stone job.
So your ideal year is for us to suck??

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
So your ideal year is for us to suck??
Buddy, I'm afraid that you did not watch the film from the WCU game. We bigtime stink, and somewhere along the supply chain, we are ****ed. I don't know where that failure actually is, but I know where it starts. I've watched four years of zero development for both players and our coaching staff. It needs to end.

Last edited:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Buddy, I'm afraid that you did not watch the film from the WCU game. We bigtime stink, and somewhere along the supply chain, we are ****ed. I don't know where that failure actually is, but I know where it starts.
I watched the the whole game, but to have a "fan" say their ideal season is to suck is ****ed up. I hope we play better and turn it around.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I am a numbers guy but these odds can change. Win a few games and show improvement and the odds of going bowling improve.

In contrast, if we have a losing record by the bye week, it’s a dark second half of the season. I sure hope Cabrera is willing to make changes mid-season, in the event this happens.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I watched the the whole game, but to have a "fan" say their ideal season is to suck is ****ed up. I hope we play better and turn it around.
I'm sorry to say this but that is a complete Kool-Aid take at this point. We have no proof of concept. It doesn't exist. We just got our 10th Collins win. That is pathetic along with the way that we performed in (quite frankly) a garbage victory. The kids are playing like they are managed by a horrible boss from both an x's and o's standpoint along with pure effort of getting to the ball, making your blocking assignment, etc.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Buddy, I'm afraid that you did not watch the film from the WCU game. We bigtime stink, and somewhere along the supply chain, we are ****ed. I don't know where that failure actually is, but I know where it starts. I've watched four years of zero development for both players and our coaching staff. It needs to end.
Last three years have been awful and Saturday was not so hot, but really from week to week you never know what you're going to get. Teams stink it up and come out the next week to play well. Biggest game of the season coming up against #17 Ole Miss. We got some penalty issues worked out last week and the team shows enough promise to have hope they can put it together. I'm still hoping...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, you can be miserable and hope that we suck so we can fire a guy that you don't like. I'll be optimistic, yeah probably naive would be a better word, and hope that we perform well and turn it around because there is enough talent on this team to make a bowl game.
I'm sorry to say this but that is a complete Kool-Aid take at this point. We have no proof of concept. It doesn't exist. We just got our 10th Collins win. That is pathetic along with the way that we performed in quite frankly a garbage victory. The kids are playing like they are managed by a horrible boss from both an x's and o's standpoint along with pure effort of getting to the ball, making your blocking assignment, etc.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Last three years have been awful and Saturday was not so hot, but really from week to week you never know what you're going to get. Teams stink it up and come out the next week to play well. Biggest game of the season coming up against #17 Ole Miss. We got some penalty issues worked out last week and the team shows enough promise to have hope they can put it together. I'm still hoping...
This is fair and I respect it. But I'm just baffled by some of the plays that our players are attempting/not making. Jeff forcing the **** out of deep passes...linemen not even caring to throw a block on multiple screen plays....lackluster defensive tackling and coverage. Johnson did EVERY SINGLE thing better than Geoff has. And substantially so besides recruiting but stars don't win you games.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Virginia - 50%
Duke - 50%
Virginia Tech - 30%
North Carolina - 20%
UCF - 15%
Ole Miss - 15%
Miami - 15%
FSU - 10%
Pittsburgh - 10%
Georgia - 1%

Sooner or later we have to beat someone we’re not supposed to... IF we’re improving.
Duke certainly doesn’t look as much like a win as I initially thought.... that’s troubling. UVA still there for the taking... but they have something to say about it. If we’re improving, we’re getting those two.
VT UCF UNC feel like attainable wins. We have to get at least one... hopefully 2.
I’ve been calling Ole Miss for a while. We’re gonna win it. I just think we’re healthy, focused, at home and ready to prove something. I like the timing, I like the venue, I like the condition of our team. We may have key injuries later that impact our ability to play at this level again this season, but this particular week, we get it done.
I don’t know what to make of Miami but I do know that weird $&@! happens with FSU. Anything can happen.
Long and short; there are 5 winnable games left. There’s also a catastrophic scenario where we end up on the short end of some breaks against evenly matched opponents.... but at some point we have to be able to overcome that. I hope we’re there...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is fair and I respect it. But I'm just baffled by some of the plays that our players are attempting/not making. Jeff forcing the **** out of deep passes...linemen not even caring to throw a block on multiple screen plays....lackluster defensive tackling and coverage. Johnson did EVERY SINGLE thing better than Geoff has. And substantially so besides recruiting but stars don't win you games.
I know, believe me I know what you're saying. I'm giving it another game to turn things around, or at least get better. We have some decent assistant coaches and some good talent, IMO. Enough to give it a little more time. I know we're all tired of excuses, but the team did play on four days rest. I might have been a crisper performance with a week. I hope.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Last three years have been awful and Saturday was not so hot, but really from week to week you never know what you're going to get.
Bingo. And I'm really tired of that. I want to see the team get to the point where we can actually have some idea whether we are going to win or loss. When Paul was coach I had a real good idea how we were going to do each week. Same with Chan. We could tell who was better and who was worse. Now, it is a total crap shoot.

So far …

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bingo. And I'm really tired of that. I want to see the team get to the point where we can actually have some idea whether we are going to win or loss. When Paul was coach I had a real good idea how we were going to do each week. Same with Chan. We could tell who was better and who was worse. Now, it is a total crap shoot.

So far …
Yeah, I think that is a good point. Unexpected things can happen in football but with previous coaches there was always a point where you had a fair idea of where we stood in most matchups.

There has been no cohesive narrative with this team year in and year out except the nagging feeling that we could be worse than our on the field results coupled with the hope that we might be surprised by the team finally putting all the pieces together.