Most likely wins this year

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Time for the early season hot take projections based off the sample so far:

WCU - They struggled to keep CSU from moving the ball and committed even more penalties than we did. A win is in the bag!!!

Ole Miss - The averaged a TD a qtr against a team named after a mediocre Brad Pitt movie. Even Lame Kiffin can't scheme them past us.

UCF - Currently checking the radar for possible hurricanes so they can "postpone" the revenge tour beat down they have coming from us...

Pitt - Let the qb from uga that got beat out by a walk-on score 31 against them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy win for us...

Duke - beat Temple, but we all know Temple is a shell of its former self without CGC, so IT'S A WIN!!!

Bye - Bye always wins. We'll be lucky to escape this week with a tie...

UVA - Thursday night. In ATL. The spiders of Richmond scored 17 on 'em. We're spiking the zima!!! It's a win.

FSU - If LSU can move the ball against the FSU D, we're gonna run all over 'em!!! Win!!!

VT - Three Letters: O D U Three more letters: W I N

DaU - They will be 8-1 and highly ranked coming into this game. They're leaving with the late season L per Miami tradition...

UNCheat - We ain't App St. We'll score 49 points in the 4th quarter alone. WIN!!!

u(sic)ga - We will be major underdogs, but it's not a home game, where we'd be guaranteed to lose. We're spoiling their pre-playoff party!!!!

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow

WCU - They struggled to keep CSU from moving the ball and committed even more penalties than we did. A win is in the bag!!!

Ole Miss - The averaged a TD a qtr against a team named after a mediocre Brad Pitt movie. Even Lame Kiffin can't scheme them past us.

UCF - Currently checking the radar for possible hurricanes so they can "postpone" the revenge tour beat down they have coming from us...

Pitt - Let the qb from uga that got beat out by a walk-on score 31 against them. Easy peasy lemon squeezy win for us...

Duke - beat Temple, but we all know Temple is a shell of its former self without CGC, so IT'S A WIN!!!

UVA - Thursday night. In ATL. The spiders of Richmond scored 17 on 'em. We're spiking the zima!!! It's a win.

FSU - If LSU can move the ball against the FSU D, we're gonna run all over 'em!!! Win!!!

DaU - They will be 8-1 and highly ranked coming into this game. They're leaving with the late season L per Miami tradition...

UNCheat - We ain't App St. We'll score 49 points in the 4th quarter alone. WIN!!!

u(sic)ga - We will be major underdogs, but it's not a home game, where we'd be guaranteed to lose. We're spoiling their pre-playoff party!!!!
Someone is either still drinking or drinking to kill hangover....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Someone is either still drinking or drinking to kill hangover....

Rick Moranis Beer GIF by Warner Archive

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
I like us beating ole piss they only put up 28 on troy so they look vulnerable to m.
Ole Miss IMO is way over rated in these list. They lost their entire offense and most of their defense, they return very little production from last years team. Kiffin's career record is up and down, he's not won consistently anywhere. UCF too, I don't get why people think UCF is better than upper middle ACC teams like Pitt, UNC and FSU.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I agree UCF isn’t any better than any of the coastal competition, but when’s the last time we had a winning record in the coastal?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Three more letters to say why most of this ain’t happening. Three guesses, first two don’t count.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok. 1-1 through two games. Chalk.

After 2 weeks of football & looking at 10 opponents left, any big surprises that makes the road ahead look easier or harder for us?

Teams that look better than anticipated now?
Duke

Worse than anticipated?
UVA

Everyone else as expected?

Feels like 3 more wins will take at least one significant upset. If you believe in the "due factor" ...we're due for one?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok. 1-1 through two games. Chalk.

After 2 weeks of football & looking at 10 opponents left, any big surprises that makes the road ahead look easier or harder for us?

Teams that look better than anticipated now?
Duke

Worse than anticipated?
UVA

Everyone else as expected?

Feels like 3 more wins will take at least one significant upset. If you believe in the "due factor" ...we're due for one?

IMO, it's still too early to draw a lot of conclusions from the results so far. UNC won a shootout against an FBS school that took down a top ten Texas A&M team. Every week there are weird games leading to weird results. We will most likely struggle against Ole Miss next week, but we could also surprise everyone and win that game.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
IMO, it's still too early to draw a lot of conclusions from the results so far. UNC won a shootout against an FBS school that took down a top ten Texas A&M team. Every week there are weird games leading to weird results. We will most likely struggle against Ole Miss next week, but we could also surprise everyone and win that game.
Yep UNC's win last week suddenly doesn't look so weak.

slugboy

Staff member
Looking at ESPN projections, we are favored in two more games this season, Duke @ 63% and UVa @ 54%.
I’m not sure how quickly they adjust those numbers.
So far, UVA looks bad.
Duke knows what a football is. Their new coach is doing a good job so far.
VT just beat BC. Is VT good or not?
Pitt is not as good as last year—their QB isn’t Pickett—but otherwise, they’re disciplined. A well-coached team can beat them. I liked what Tenn did with their DL against them—looked like they were lining up 5 often.
UCF is an away game, but they’re a beatable team. Louisville looked like they were sputtering on offense because of their own play, and their offense was much more effective than UCF’s: https://collegefootballdata.com/boxscore/401415613.

There are beatable teams on the schedule—we need to play better to beat them, though.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
After two games I see us as not very deep except at RB. Our average talent is low. Collins has failed in this regard, bigly. We were not that impressive last night at home against a middling FCS team. As much as I’ve been pulling for Collins to pull this off, I don’t see even 3 wins altogether. Our talent level after three years is disappointing. Collins looks out of his element.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
After two games I see us as not very deep except at RB. Our average talent is low. Collins has failed in this regard, bigly. We were not that impressive last night at home against a middling FCS team. As much as I’ve been pulling for Collins to pull this off, I don’t see even 3 wins altogether. Our talent level after three years is disappointing. Collins looks out of his element.
Idk, seems like there is a gap between Dontae and the others, and I'm not sure if he went out of the game that we could make up the difference. Wasn't McDuffie the feature back at Buffalo? Maybe he just needs a few consecutive carries to get going. I'm a bit surprised we have heard basically nothing about Antonio Martin to the point - is he injured or something?

JacketFan137

Banned
I’m not sure how quickly they adjust those numbers.
So far, UVA looks bad.
Duke knows what a football is. Their new coach is doing a good job so far.
VT just beat BC. Is VT good or not?
Pitt is not as good as last year—their QB isn’t Pickett—but otherwise, they’re disciplined. A well-coached team can beat them. I liked what Tenn did with their DL against them—looked like they were lining up 5 often.
UCF is an away game, but they’re a beatable team. Louisville looked like they were sputtering on offense because of their own play, and their offense was much more effective than UCF’s: https://collegefootballdata.com/boxscore/401415613.

There are beatable teams on the schedule—we need to play better to beat them, though.
louisville got annihilated by syracuse and then beat ucf. either ucf is awful or syracuse is better than we thought

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
louisville got annihilated by syracuse and then beat ucf. either ucf is awful or syracuse is better than we thought
Syracuse is good. Should be a bowl team based on what they brought back.

Weird schedule for them too. They could start 5-0 before closing with arguably their 7 hardest opponents where they might be underdogs, including 5 ranked + FSU.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agreeing but praising CGC - using numbers and specifics.

This week Cgc schemed a wide open offensive and an aggressive defense against a pass happy go for broke fcs team. ( ND and TAM tried to dominate with superior talent using a conservative game plan and they lost) .

Prior Game against a mega P5 team CGC was very conservative and held them at bay for 3 quarters while building confidence at qb.

Last night cgc kept calling complex blocking plays even w mostly freshman OL. The reverse by 8 featured 71 making an excellent sideline block to free the runner for a touchdown.

So far in the SAC comparison Gt has 7 and the other guys 2. The defense back field has shown ability to get int

Cgc has their Qb ready for a tough 3 game run. In particular he has had only 2 until on long ill-advised passes. Last week the short passing game was spot on This week the run game and ol took care of business in second half.

CGC has his Qb and team ready going into a 3 game gauntlet.

The sad thing is the players gave to play in a vacant stadium because the 48,000 gt grads that live in atl area don't come to games. There is a weird thought amoung the key alumni that withholding support is the path to building a winning program. Fortunately 2 of those games are away games.

Cgc does appear to be somewhat out of it. Chasing footballs on the home team sidelines is a bad look. Never seen it before CGC