Most blown 4th Quarter leads since 2012

Deleted member 2897

@dressedcheeseside - games just on first glance where we came from behind or from a tie in the 2nd half to win:
2018: North Carolina
2018: Virginia
2017: Wake Forest
2017: Virginia Tech
2016: Boston College
2016: Duke
2016: Georgia
2015: Florida State
2014: Georgia Southern
2014: Virginia Tech
2014: Georgia
2013: North Carolina
2012: USC

Caveat, I just did half time before realizing this article was 4th quarter only, so no doubt some of these will fall away. But it was too much looking up box scores and summaries to go back and do it again. :D

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Losing that game hurt so bad

I still think about how if we could change one of a list of tiny things, we would have won easily: kicker missed 2 field goals, DB takes a horrendous angle and lets a pass in the flat go for a 50 yard TD, Quon doesn't pitch on the last play. Also, if the kicker we had committed, Boulovas, hadn't flipped, we would have gone to a bowl in 2017.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
The only blown leads / comebacks that really matter to me are the 2 against the mutts: 2013 and 2016. Ultimate low and the ultimate high.
It is what it is. Every team has similar comebacks/chokejobs over the past X years.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I still think about how if we could change one of a list of tiny things, we would have won easily: kicker missed 2 field goals, DB takes a horrendous angle and lets a pass in the flat go for a 50 yard TD, Quon doesn't pitch on the last play. Also, if the kicker we had committed, Boulovas, hadn't flipped, we would have gone to a bowl in 2017.

If you had to depend on Bulouvas, it may be a problem.His record at bama has been less than sterling ,in fact bad.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Any list of who stole last second victories from FSU, gotta be high on that list too. I can think of some pretty amazing 4th qtr steals against a bunch of other teams, too. Probably just as many last second victories as losses, I’d wager.

The lengths some people go to run down the last era amazes me beyond belief.
Well, there is that game with the folks down in Athens. Actually, two games: that booming FG and then the acrobatic swan dive for a score. Not to mention the first of the Johnson era meetings when we were down 28-12 I think at halftime but had an epic third quarter. But who's counting wins when we can focus on the ones that got away? Sometimes, football just don't make no sense at all, and coaches can be just as helpless as the rest of us.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The last drive of that 2017 Miami game was sickening in every way. If we had won that, we would have been 3-0 in ACC (4-0 after the blowout of Wake the following week) and surely in absolute command of the Coastal. UVA game that season was pretty inexcusable as well.

Of course Miami got their absolute **** kicked in against Clemson in the ACCCG anyway, so maybe we saved ourselves from that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I still think aboutTh how if we could change one of a list of tiny things, we would have won easily: kicker missed 2 field goals, DB takes a horrendous angle and lets a pass in the flat go for a 50 yard TD, Quon doesn't pitch on the last play. Also, if the kicker we had committed, Boulovas, hadn't flipped, we would have gone to a bowl in 2017.
The CPJ "we're never as good and never as bad" comment always made sense to me. Game of inches and all that. I've gone back and looked at games from years ago that at the time seemed like horrible defeats only to realize years later we played a very good game and the outcome could have gone either way.

Milwaukee

Banned
@dressedcheeseside - games just on first glance where we came from behind or from a tie in the 2nd half to win:
2018: North Carolina
2018: Virginia
2017: Wake Forest
2017: Virginia Tech
2016: Boston College
2016: Duke
2016: Georgia
2015: Florida State
2014: Georgia Southern
2014: Virginia Tech
2014: Georgia
2013: North Carolina
2012: USC

Caveat, I just did half time before realizing this article was 4th quarter only, so no doubt some of these will fall away. But it was too much looking up box scores and summaries to go back and do it again. :D

This is literally dumb as all get out. Do the same for the other 130 teams that came from behind for a decade, but then when you get the small results, really nail down your stamp of approval. I mean, really drive it home... Are you being serious right now?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cant wait for the 2019 acc coastal games at bds. These are the games that matter in 19 and wife and i will be there.

She s a real fan who dispite bad knees loves to come to bds.

Got a new coach and i think we have tremendous up side.

Deleted member 2897

This is literally dumb as all get out. Do the same for the other 130 teams that came from behind for a decade, but then when you get the small results, really nail down your stamp of approval. I mean, really drive it home... Are you being serious right now?

Ask your Mom.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Any list of who stole last second victories from FSU, gotta be high on that list too. I can think of some pretty amazing 4th qtr steals against a bunch of other teams, too. Probably just as many last second victories as losses, I’d wager.

The lengths some people go to run down the last era amazes me beyond belief.

I’m generally as big of a fan of Paul Johnson and our team over the past 11 years as anyone else on here, but you cannot deny that we absolutely screwed the pooch and gave away some games we’ve had in the bag over the past few seasons. I remember seeing a stat during one of our games this past year about ACC teams’ overall great record in games where they lead by double digits (something like over 90%), yet we were less than 50% and had more blown leads then the rest of the league combined. We definitely became too reliant on the QB/BB game plan with our last few teams.