Most blown 4th Quarter leads since 2012

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Especially brutal because our offense should have excelled at killing clock on a lead. Also wonder what the breakdown by year is. Assuming it’s heavy on 2015 and 2017 for us.

Deleted member 2897

Yup. And Baseball too - almost half our losses this year in baseball were when we were actually winning the entire game and then gave it up at the very end. Its the Atlanta curse.

slugboy

Staff member
Picking 2012 bumps us up a bit. We blew 3 4th quarter leads that year
  • Utah 30-27 in the Sun Bowl (beginning of the year, but thinking that fits in this count)
  • Virginia Tech 20-17 (that one hurt a ton)
  • Miami 42-36.
Last year, there was USF (10 point blown lead)

Deleted member 2897

2017 we gave up 4th quarter leads against:
* Tennessee
* Miami
* Virginia

That year SUUUUUUCKED. All 3 of those losses happened in the last couple minutes of the game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yup. And Baseball too - almost half our losses this year in baseball were when we were actually winning the entire game and then gave it up at the very end. Its the Atlanta curse.
I am not sure that another human being could have or would have made that analogy. My god, it is actually astonishing. George Carlin is laughing.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami happened with a miracle 4th down catch. It did take too long to shut down the bubble screen, but we eventually did. Only that fluke catch gave Miami the win.

If i recall and maybe not correctly but that fluke catch doesn’t even happen if we could stop the same play over and over. The fluke catch was icing though. Insult to injury

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If i recall and maybe not correctly but that fluke catch doesn’t even happen if we could stop the same play over and over. The fluke catch was icing though. Insult to injury

Fluke catch was a 4th down throw on 4th and 10. We bent, but didn't break. A badly tipped broken pass that landed square in the chest of a falling receiver is hard to blame entirely on the defense.

Deleted member 2897

Add in Stewart dropping a ball on 4th that would have iced the game. That was a team loss.

Missed field goals, monsoon weather, Kirvonte getting hurt and leaving the game. Just all around pure suckageness. Benson would have run for 150 yards that game had he been in. We were unstoppable early.