• Poll closed .

DNice

Georgia Tech Fan
taquan is putting a gold chain around my man's neck. #letscelebrate
Mike_Pinckney_ goldchain.jpg

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Your numbers don't add up
Derp, I accidentally used Rozier's rushing line against Duke...Homer had 3 carries, 43 yards, 1 TD (40 yarder at the end of the game when it was already 24-6). The average line I gave for him extracting B-C should be accurate because I just subtracted that game from the totals.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Note to Miami fans... most, if not all, of the top 5 models do not consider injuries, letdowns, or bye weeks. The outputs from those models are simply suggesting Miami is slightly better than GT at home... even if Miami had Walton and didn't just play FSU.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also the preemptive injury excuse is interesting.

1) GT also has injuries ahead of this game
2) Miami backfills their few injuries with better recruits and athletes than exist on GT
3) If any GT/Miami win should be discredited due to injuries, it's Miami's W in 2015. We were something like the 2nd most injured team in the country, then lost our starting QB in the 1st quarter, along with two others during the game. But it's more convenient for many to include that game as evidence of Canes' superiority.

Deleted member 2897

Also the preemptive injury excuse is interesting.

1) GT also has injuries ahead of this game
2) Miami backfills their few injuries with better recruits and athletes than exist on GT
3) If any GT/Miami win should be discredited due to injuries, it's Miami's W in 2015. We were something like the 2nd most injured team in the country, then lost our starting QB in the 1st quarter, along with two others during the game. But it's more convenient for many to include that game as evidence of Canes' superiority.

By illustration, Miami's new starting running back is Travis Homer, a 4 star back whose rating is higher than any single guy on our entire roster.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
True: Our second half D was awful vs UT, and we've faced less than great offenses since then.
Also True: As others have said, our D was able to keep those bad offenses in check--which it has not done consistently in past seasons.

giphy.gif

I think our D is legitimately improved.

On the flip side, Rozier is legit. My take, fwiw, is that FSU played pretty tight coverage for the most part, but he dropped some incredible passes right where they needed to be in order to score at the end of that game. I think the tight coverage from FSU slowed Rozier for most of the game, but that he'll now come out more confident against us.

If we can get some picks early, we might be able to get him back in his shell.

On offense, I don't think anyone should bet against CPJ, especially with a couple of weeks to prepare. I do wonder if the heat/humidity affects our OL who are expected to fire off the line in scoops or fire off the line to get down field more than is typically discussed. Is it a coincidence that Shamire was able to play so many snaps vs UT with it being a night game? Still, I think we put it all together this week.

56-0
Sorry that we need to check back on your prediction as it required for such a large point spread. Perhaps it i s a typo!!!. In 2015 they didn't let up so I know we won't this year, but 56 is Bigly.

Deleted member 2897

I really hope all the teams on our schedule have to use some type of excuse for losing to us.

As the 3rd quarter winds down, Clemson is once again struggling with a bad team. There are no easy wins on our schedule, but every team is beatable. Including tomorrow.