• Miami by 7-13

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Hope your minds are rested coming off the bye week. Time to lock in predictions for Saturday's game.

Poll included.

I have no idea. Miami is talented, very good quarterback with good receivers and a decent offensive line. The question mark is Georgia Tech. Is the defense better? Can the offense hold onto the ball? Miami will be in their usual "Taco Bell" formation with blitzing linebackers designed to disrupt the timing and the mesh. Fernandez has taken a page out of Bud Foster's book and will play to create turnovers. This could lead to big plays for both teams. We have to block them off the line of scrimmage and establish the dive. A lot is riding on the offensive line they will have to have their best game for us to win. Like some, I am not totally sold on Coach Roof's defense. I think Miami's superior athleticism shows up in a win for the Canes say 28 to 24. I am also not sure how Walton's absence will affect their offense. It could be significant especially if their best receiver, currently listed as "questionable" does not play. They have quite a few starters out for this game as a result of the "Thug Bowl". One thing is for sure, for once we got the benefit of a scheduling quirk playing them at the best possible time.

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
Am I one of the few that believe that this team is special? I don’t think this is a game. I see a 2016 VT-like outburst on offense with the defense playing like they did in 2014 (the back half of course). The offense is clicking early in the season like we’ve never seen in the CPJ era and the defense is actually playing phenomenal (minus the 4th quarter and overtime vs. Tennessee). Don’t give me that “we haven’t played anyone yet” mess because we have played the same type teams before and made their offense look like world beaters. Maybe I have my gold colored glasses on but this is a statement game for Tech.

38-17 GT, with a late touchdown (not sure by who yet)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea. Miami is talented, very good quarterback with good receivers and a decent offensive line. The question mark is Georgia Tech. Is the defense better? Can the offense hold onto the ball? Miami will be in their usual "Taco Bell" formation with blitzing linebackers designed to disrupt the timing and the mesh. Fernandez has taken a page out of Bud Foster's book and will play to create turnovers. This could lead to big plays for both teams. We have to block them off the line of scrimmage and establish the dive. A lot is riding on the offensive line they will have to have their best game for us to win. Like some, I am not totally sold on Coach Roof's defense. I think Miami's superior athleticism shows up in a win for the Canes say 28 to 24. I am also not sure how Walton's absence will affect their offense. It could be significant especially if their best receiver, currently listed as "questionable" does not play. They have quite a few starters out for this game as a result of the "Thug Bowl". One thing is for sure, for once we got the benefit of a scheduling quirk playing them at the best possible time.

Fernandez is Manny Diaz?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
This will be the biggest test physically for TM and I have a bad feeling about that. But I think we win 21-17

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some data re: Walton impact

Season stats

Walton - 56 carries, 428 yards, 7.6 yds/carry, 3 TD
Homer - 25 carries, 212 yards, 8.5 yds/carry, 3 TD

RamblinAbe

Georgia Tech Fan
Miami's defense is very physical and aggressive. What's the best way to curb those things...long and numbing drives. I look for our OL to have a fantastic game and wear down the interior of Miami's defense. I also look for our offense to pick up consistent 4,5, and 6 yard plays. We will not have ANY turnovers and we will control the clock. And let's be honest, this is a GREAT chance for GT to make a statement and become relevant again (see 2014). A lot is on the line for the Jackets this weekend and I believe they answer the call.

GT 33
Miami 17

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Miami's defense is very physical and aggressive. What's the best way to curb those things...long and numbing drives. I look for our OL to have a fantastic game and wear down the interior of Miami's defense. I also look for our offense to pick up consistent 4,5, and 6 yard plays. We will not have ANY turnovers and we will control the clock. And let's be honest, this is a GREAT chance for GT to make a statement and become relevant again (see 2014). A lot is on the line for the Jackets this weekend and I believe they answer the call.

GT 33
Miami 17
Welcome to the board my fellow optimist!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just not feeling very optimistic about this game. Miami usually eats our lunch. I still think we were the better team last year with just 2 crazy fumbles but last year and 2014 were the only years we even looked remotely close to the better team. Miami’s D is much more improved from last year too. If we win, it’ll be because of the D. Since I don’t like predicting losses I’ll go 24-20 GT. Lawrence gets game ball.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just not feeling very optimistic about this game. Miami usually eats our lunch. I still think we were the better team last year with just 2 crazy fumbles but last year and 2014 were the only years we even looked remotely close to the better team. Miami’s D is much more improved from last year too. If we win, it’ll be because of the D. Since I don’t like predicting losses I’ll go 24-20 GT. Lawrence gets game ball.
Miami LB play is worse than last year from everything I'm reading, so I'm not to sure they are better on D. If I had to guess I would say they are about the same.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Diaz should be out of coaching after the disaster he presided over at Texas.
Imo
M R likes young DC - Pruitt at uga and Diaz here - for recruiting. Note that fs u defense after Pruitt at dc is all that they have. He slipped of to a nice lateral job at u g a where the defense could not close the deal. Now gone from uga - he has slipped back to dc at alabama (Note his dad is legend at Hoover hs). and now the uga defense is dominant. I feel that Diaz is a ditto - he was a ski k talker at u t but recruitts poorly.

Why M R doesn't admit it's really part his fault and go hire a stud dc ( circa Dabo), is to our benefit.

Unless Diaz goes full aggressive d early and we give up major turn overs, I believe coach will pick him apart.

Then Miami will beat the lower tier teams and Diaz will talk his way to another job.

This game could be very good - thus my pick.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Some data re: Walton impact

Season stats

Walton - 56 carries, 428 yards, 7.6 yds/carry, 3 TD
Homer - 25 carries, 212 yards, 8.5 yds/carry, 3 TD
A little context on Homer's numbers:
vs B-C - 11 carries, 108, vs Toledo - 8 carries, 32 yds, 2 TD, vs Duke - 15 carries, 45 yds, 1 TD, vs FSU - 3 carries, 29 yards. When you take out the Bethune Cookman game (who was ridiculously overmatched), he's got 14 carries for 104 yards (7.4 ypc). Good, but not ridiculous. With a full workload of more carries plus blitz pickups, I feel pretty confident his average will drop a bunch. Also, should open up some hits on Rozier when he gets confused on who to block.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This is the latest from a weather site called Intellicast ... maybe we'll just be dealing with sloppy field conditions.

upload_2017-10-13_9-10-45.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A little context on Homer's numbers:
vs B-C - 11 carries, 108, vs Toledo - 8 carries, 32 yds, 2 TD, vs Duke - 15 carries, 45 yds, 1 TD, vs FSU - 3 carries, 29 yards. When you take out the Bethune Cookman game (who was ridiculously overmatched), he's got 14 carries for 104 yards (7.4 ypc). Good, but not ridiculous. With a full workload of more carries plus blitz pickups, I feel pretty confident his average will drop a bunch. Also, should open up some hits on Rozier when he gets confused on who to block.
Your numbers don't add up