Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hope your minds are rested coming off the bye week. Time to lock in predictions for Saturday's game.

Poll included.

NorthGeorgiaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Reminiscent of 2014, we go on long drives and limit possessions. The U gets a late TD to make it 28-24, and the Jackets recover the onside to seal it.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Interesting interview with Mark Right yesterday. MR said that the 'Canes are very shallow at positions and having to move defensive backs to running backs, etc. They just don't have enough players.

They are talented. I still call it 26-19.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
20-12 MIA
gif.gif

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
28-21 Tech. Come out a little sloppy with the bye week, but the week off is the difference in the Miami rain with fresh lines.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
31 - 27 Good Guys

I could see this game going just about any direction, not much would surprise me. I will say that I don't think dah U has the vast physical/talent advantage against us that most fans, our own included, seem to believe.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
31-17 Death march at end of game to seal it!!!! and now we are on the Radar........a small blip gaining speed and size.....

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
A win against a top ten team on the road would be pretty nice. I think we will play well, but not well enough. 34-31 Canes.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Where's the "I have no idea what to expect" option in that poll?

Here's where I am too. UM is the best team we've played this year. Hopefully, we are the best team UM has played this year.

Atomic has us as a 4 point underdog (23-27) which makes sense given it's an away game. On neutral site, UM would only be a one point favorite. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

I won't be surprised if this game goes to OT and we pull it out ...... I won't be surprised if there are two turnovers by either team in the first quarter that leads to that team losing by 14 or more.

Since there is no option other than picking a winner, I'd guess UM by <7. 24-28. I have an out of town family birthday party to go to and will have to watch delayed on Sunday ...... I'll just have to disconnect for a day so I'll enjoy the agony and ecstasy "live".

MountPGT1990

Banned
Chan Gailey had success @ Miami (probably his signature win while at GT knocking off Miami while they were ranked #3 in the country).

CPJ has yet come out of Miami with a W and he’s by far a better coach than ol Chan, yet he hasn’t been able to keep us within two TD’s of the Canes at their place in four attempts.

We are due vs the Canes and Rev Richt!!

The Vegas line has moved down to -5.5, Miami just lost their Star RB and has several other starters looking like they won’t play. ESPN talking heads are picking GT, most on here believe we are going to win (some are saying convincingly if we don’t fumble). We have been able to rest up and are coming off a bye week getting healthy and ready to roll. Ironically, a hurricane came several weeks ago and postponed the Miami /FSU to their bye week, which turned out to be the week before our game!

EVERYTHING is adding up to a GT victory this time around and CPJ finally gettting the @ Miami Monkey off his back....

Really the only time our defense had been tested this year happened When it mattered most. Our defense and especially our secondary got torched in the second half of Tenn game against a below avg QB and backup receivers. The defense has played great the last couple of weeks against PItt and UNC. But I’m convinced by the end of the year neither of those two teams will surpass 3 maybe 4 wins and they have the two worst QB’s in the conference this year.

I think offense comes out slow again off the bye week making mistakes and we will be sloshing around on a wet and soggy field again. After the game our players will talk about not having the correct cleats.

I also have a bad feeling we are about to get exposed by the Miami QB and that Berrios dude. I think our defensive performance will be sub par and we brought back to earth and realize we are a below avg D and only looked like the Black Watch Defense last couple of weeks because we faced horrendous offenses.

Once again I think we dominate time of posssesion and probably limit turnovers to one, But for whatever reason we crap the bed at Miami with CPJ at the helm and I think it’s going to happen again...

Jackets lose in BIGly fashion:

Canes 35
GT 2o

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN ACC Week 7 picks: Will Miami avoid a letdown against Georgia Tech? (headline again setting up lose/lose narrative for GT this wknd from a perception standpoint)
David Hale: Consider this a big test for the Miami coaching staff. The Hurricanes are coming off a physical, emotional win against Florida State. They’ve prepped for the option offense on an abridged timeline (they were originally set to have a bye leading into this game). They lost their best offensive weapon in running back Mark Walton. Meanwhile, the Yellow Jackets are playing exceptionally well, and they are coming off a bye. That’s a lot of advantages tilting in Georgia Tech’s favor. Georgia Tech 34, Miami 31

Andrea Adelson: David is right; this one has upset written all over it. But Georgia Tech has traditionally had a difficult time against Miami, losing seven of the past matchups. Quarterback TaQuon Marshall and running back KirVonte Benson will get their yards against a Miami defense that has struggled to stop the run consistently, but the opportunistic Hurricanes will force a few turnovers. Travis Homer will fill in nicely for Walton and Miami will sneak past with a win. Miami 28, Georgia Tech 24