• Miami by 7-13

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Miami by 14+

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I kinda get that feeling this game will be like the VT game last year. No one expects we will dominate, but I think we will. We are coming of a bye, they just beat FSU and are coming off that "high" feeling. I think we run at will, supposedly their LB's have not been as good as last year and their whole team hasn't been great at stopping the run. Also they have quite a few injuries (never wish for this) but we seem pretty healthy and rested.

GT 34-24

Miami scores late to make it look closer than it was.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Chan Gailey had success @ Miami (probably his signature win while at GT knocking off Miami while they were ranked #3 in the country).

CPJ has yet come out of Miami with a W and he’s by far a better coach than ol Chan, yet he hasn’t been able to keep us within two TD’s of the Canes at their place in four attempts.

We are due vs the Canes and Rev Richt!!

The Vegas line has moved down to -5.5, Miami just lost their Star RB and has several other starters looking like they won’t play. ESPN talking heads are picking GT, most on here believe we are going to win (some are saying convincingly if we don’t fumble). We have been able to rest up and are coming off a bye week getting healthy and ready to roll. Ironically, a hurricane came several weeks ago and postponed the Miami /FSU to their bye week, which turned out to be the week before our game!

EVERYTHING is adding up to a GT victory this time around and CPJ finally gettting the @ Miami Monkey off his back....

Really the only time our defense had been tested this year happened When it mattered most. Our defense and especially our secondary got torched in the second half of Tenn game against a below avg QB and backup receivers. The defense has played great the last couple of weeks against PItt and UNC. But I’m convinced by the end of the year neither of those two teams will surpass 3 maybe 4 wins and they have the two worst QB’s in the conference this year.

I think offense comes out slow again off the bye week making mistakes and we will be sloshing around on a wet and soggy field again. After the game our players will talk about not having the correct cleats.

I also have a bad feeling we are about to get exposed by the Miami QB and that Berrios dude. I think our defensive performance will be sub par and we brought back to earth and realize we are a below avg D and only looked like the Black Watch Defense last couple of weeks because we faced horrendous offenses.

Once again I think we dominate time of posssesion and probably limit turnovers to one, But for whatever reason we crap the bed at Miami with CPJ at the helm and I think it’s going to happen again...

Jackets lose in BIGly fashion:

Canes 35
GT 2o
Dude, enough with the Bigly & Yuge. Are you 12? Also, I'm not sure you've picked Tech to win this year, so your pick is a blessing to us.

I think we come in ready to play (assuming the equipment staff brings the right cleats) and beat the orange Helen Hunt's by 10. 34-24 GT.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Dude, enough with the Bigly & Yuge. Are you 12? Also, I'm not sure you've picked Tech to win this year, so your pick is a blessing to us.

I think we come in ready to play (assuming the equipment staff brings the right cleats) and beat the orange Helen Hunt's by 10. 34-24 GT.

We got some serious Bigly haters up in here, I will try to keep future use of Bigly to a minimum since it’s a Yuge problem for so many. There’s definitely no room for BIGly fun on this board, Yuge mistake on my part and I apologize.

Last edited:

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Realistically, Miami should win. I don't think we can handle their offense, and they've got enough athletes on defense to slow us down.

35-24, Miami.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The amount of film of our defense running a tighter coverage package i s limited. I assume roof will mix in bend but don't break with our recent style and confuse them.

Coach knows and has said we will need to pass on these better players.

Our coaches have the team offense and defense playing well. With two weeks preparation they will be ready.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
If we play with the carelessness demonstrated so far, we lose... That said, I think we have demonstrated a potential on both sides of the ball unseen in the CPJ era... The offensive line, while not as deep as we'd like, can be a dominant force... TM and the stable of backs are the best running ensemble since 2008,if not ever... If we can reliably throw and catch when we need to, we will be able to grind Miami into dust...

Defensively, we've seen sighs of life, but it remains the bigger question... If we get some hurries, make him uncomfortable, contain the scrambles, and tackle as surely as we have so far, I think we can keep them off the field...

It could go one of two ways - we demonstrate that what we've seen so far was only a hint of the machine we've become, or we see more sloppiness and shooting ourselves in the foot... In either case, I don't think Miami beats us - we either win decisively or give it away with stupid mistakes...

GT: 28, Miami :17

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Here's where I am too. UM is the best team we've played this year. Hopefully, we are the best team UM has played this year.

Atomic has us as a 4 point underdog (23-27) which makes sense given it's an away game. On neutral site, UM would only be a one point favorite. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

I won't be surprised if this game goes to OT and we pull it out ...... I won't be surprised if there are two turnovers by either team in the first quarter that leads to that team losing by 14 or more.

Since there is no option other than picking a winner, I'd guess UM by <7. 24-28. I have an out of town family birthday party to go to and will have to watch delayed on Sunday ...... I'll just have to disconnect for a day so I'll enjoy the agony and ecstasy "live".

Same here. My brother-in-law takes me to one UGA game a year. The last 3 UGA has lost so he picked the Missouri game this year to break my hex. I agreed to it before the Miami game got moved. I hope I can avoid knowing the outcome until I watch it "live" on Sunday. GT in a sweaker.

Deleted member 2897

For those worried about how we typically play against University-7, here is a reminder from last year:
Total Yards: Georgia Tech 361, University-7 355.
University-7 on 3rd down: 1 of 7.
Time of Possession: Georgia Tech 4o minutes, University-7 20 minutes.
Georgia Tech yards per rush: 5
Passing: 11 of 19

The big difference is the obvious difference - 3 turnovers, 2 of which were scoop and scores. We did not get any turnovers back. If you play any good team and go -3 in turnover margin, a 2 touchdown difference is probably what you'd expect.

University-7 had 4 sacs and 8 tackles for loss. Whereas we had 0 sacs and 3 tackles for loss. (12 versus 3) That discrepancy is just as bad as a turnover.

If we keep the turnovers even or in our favor and we play competently on defense, we can compete with University-7.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
For those worried about how we typically play against University-7, here is a reminder from last year:
Total Yards: Georgia Tech 361, University-7 355.
University-7 on 3rd down: 1 of 7.
Time of Possession: Georgia Tech 4o minutes, University-7 20 minutes.
Georgia Tech yards per rush: 5
Passing: 11 of 19

The big difference is the obvious difference - 3 turnovers, 2 of which were scoop and scores. We did not get any turnovers back. If you play any good team and go -3 in turnover margin, a 2 touchdown difference is probably what you'd expect.

University-7 had 4 sacs and 8 tackles for loss. Whereas we had 0 sacs and 3 tackles for loss. (12 versus 3) That discrepancy is just as bad as a turnover.

If we keep the turnovers even or in our favor and we play competently on defense, we can compete with University-7.
Agree, I don't think Miami is any better than last year, I would say they are about the same. On the flip side I think GT is WAY better on D and just as good if not better on offense. If we limit the turnovers I see no reason why we can't win this game.