Miami Postgame

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don't know about that one. He has had his peaks out there and is having a decent year now. In the end I want a coach who can navigate challenges and properly adjust. The run game was shut down in the 2nd half and the team inability to offer a decent passing threat basically left the team's O inept. The D did a solid job of keeping it close for as long as they did.

One of the main criticisms of CPJ is not having a consistent passing attack when forced to pass. This game kinda reinforces that theory therefore the "spread" chatter. My personal opinion is that maybe we should have incorporated more passing or at least passed on non traditional passing downs to keep them from cheating on the outside on the pitches. Just saying.

How does that reinforces this? If you pass as you suggest, we get drives like the one that only 1:11 when trying to close out a game.

We came out passing on not traditional downs, we were for the most part unsuccessful, mostly due to Miami blitzing the backside A/B gap

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My migraine has subsided so I can Post. I don’t think I’ve felt this bad about game since maybe ‘13 UGA or the Attaochu VT game

As much we want place blame on CPJ or CTR, we now have literally and mentally lost 2 games now because of our FG kicking. Many have posted in the preseason that the ST will cost us 2-3 gms, you guys were absolutely right! To hear CPJ say the ST coach told him that our SCHOLARSHIP kicker can’t hit a 43yder is extremely discouraging. I hate beating a dead horse, but this is ridiculous!

We lost both games because our offense, which our entire program is built around, hasn't been able to put away anyone all year.

Neither the UT nor the Miami games should have come down to a FG.

How does that reinforces this? If you pass as you suggest, we get drives like the one that only 1:11 when trying to close out a game.

We came out passing on not traditional downs, we were for the most part unsuccessful, mostly due to Miami blitzing the backside A/B gap

Then work to actually develop the passing game instead of whatever it is we have now.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We lost both games because our offense, which our entire program is built around, hasn't been able to put away anyone all year.

Neither the UT nor the Miami games should have come down to a FG.

Well it did, and both games would be wins if we had

Then work to actually develop the passing game instead of whatever it is we have now.

You guys are speaking for personal preference. What passing out of a spread would’ve helped Qua from slipping or Brad dropping that pass?

jojatekfan

Banned
We lost to a good football team, on the road, in heavy rain and slippery field conditions, by a single point on a last second field goal after a miraculous and somewhat lucky catch on a well defended pass on 4th and long. We have two losses by a combined 2 points. Literally, 2 plays in an entire season go a little different, we don't fumble a ball, we make a field goal, a deflected pass goes in a different direction and we're undefeated and ranked around 10th in the country. The sky isn't falling. We have a good football time

THIS

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You guys are speaking for personal preference. What passing out of a spread would’ve helped Qua from slipping or Brad dropping that pass?

Who knows. Perhaps it would of helped on one of the 7 possessions we had that ended in punts or turnover on downs. But nope. We're going to stick our heads in the sand and act like a limited passing game isn't hindering our team.

We scored 3 offensive points in, effectively, the last 3 quarters of the game. But nope. An improved passing game wouldn't have helped at all.

herb

Helluva Engineer

Or not fumbling while running down the middle of the field or missing two field goals.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Who knows. Perhaps it would of helped on one of the 7 possessions we had that ended in punts or turnover on downs. But nope. We're going to stick our heads in the sand and act like a limited passing game isn't hindering our team.

We scored 3 offensive points in, effectively, the last 3 quarters of the game. But nope. An improved passing game wouldn't have helped at all.
We haven't had to pass all season. Our passing game would have been enough this game as well but Qua fell and Brad dropped a pass. You might want us to pass more but it hasn't been our issue.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am a little surprised we can't get our kickoffs into the end zone. We burned a scholarship on a kid that can't get it to the 5 yard line and our coverage is very scary. I hold my breath every time we kick off. We give up field position since we tend to start on the 25. I knew Butker was a very, very valuable player for us but it is even more apparent now. Enough has been said bout losing to UT on missed FG's. We gave up a lot of yardage on kickoffs to them as well. Since we always seem to be below 85, why not give a scholly to a kid that can kick it into the end zone even if a different kid does the FG's. Our punter is pretty darn good. Just need to not out kick the coverage.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Are you a GT fan? It seems like you have an issue with everything. If I didn't care about football and only read your posts about GT, I would think that we were last place in the Sun Belt.

Yes, I am. So Do you think our punt return game is in good shape? Just stating what I observed yesterday, don’t shoot the messenger. I’m pretty sure I remember N.C. had a fumble on a kick off return, kudos to him for bringing one out to the 40-that will def help his avg return #s

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I am a little surprised we can't get our kickoffs into the end zone. We burned a scholarship on a kid that can't get it to the 5 yard line and our coverage is very scary. I hold my breath every time we kick off. We give up field position since we tend to start on the 25. I knew Butker was a very, very valuable player for us but it is even more apparent now. Enough has been said bout losing to UT on missed FG's. We gave up a lot of yardage on kickoffs to them as well. Since we always seem to be below 85, why not give a scholly to a kid that can kick it into the end zone even if a different kid does the FG's. Our punter is pretty darn good. Just need to not out kick the coverage.

Not to be too critical but comparing Butker after a 4 year career vs a true Fr is kind of unfair, HB's freshman year stats weren't overly great and we all know where he is now ;)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
BS. In the UT game our offense drove the length of the field in their final drive in regulation in less than a minute to set up a makable 30 yard field goal then scored 2 TD's in OT.

We should have hung 42 on them in regulation and never needed a last minute drive. That is the issue. That our offense couldn't put the game away when they had a chance. And it's been a problem all year. Same story in the miami game. The problem wasn't Miami's last drive. It was that we couldn't turn an 8 point lead into a 15 point one, any number of time we had the opportunity to do so, or a 2 point lead into a 9 point one.