Miami Postgame

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I think a lot of people are missing that the rain could have made a huge impact on this loss. If you noticed that's when the O really stopped moving the ball. I honestly think every game this year we have been the better team, including this game.
Agree. Pissed and want to blame someone, Roof is my guy for that unfairly, iiwii. See yall next week vs Wake Forest.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
When we were getting repeatedly raped by gift-wrapped bubble screens, I wanted one of our backers sitting 8 yards off the LOS to go rogue and jump the route pre-snap. I pleaded for it, I prayed for it. Come on Ted, you are better than than this....

Animal02

Banned
Miami got a completion on the sideline somewhere around their 40, IIRC, that sure didn't look like an inbounds completion to me, and yet there was not even a review of it. buzzwiser and I were watching together, and he said the same thing. Does anybody here remember that play, also late in the game?
I think I recall that, they showed a quick replay and it appeared he had dragged is feet inbounds.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
When we were getting repeatedly raped by gift-wrapped bubble screens, I wanted one of our backers sitting 8 yards off the LOS to go rogue and jump the route pre-snap. I pleaded for it, I prayed for it. Come on Ted, you are better than than this....
Should have dropped the DE straight into the flats, easy pick 6. QB would have never seen it coming.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
The team that deserved to win the game the most won today. It is very frustrating because, despite this, we were in great position to win and couldn't get it done. This one reminds me of PITT last year with the crazy bounce. Miami played better than us in the rain. It is as simple as that. When you can't trust the mesh or handle the ball for the full menu of option plays, it makes it quite difficult for us. They had more yards, more first downs etc. If we had won, we would have been very fortunate given the flow of the game.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this, but I was screaming at the TV with about 1:30 to go (I believe this is when it happened), when the Miami clock keeper stopped the clock for the entire between play sequence after a completion on first down for about 7 yards that was tackled in bounds about 20 feet from the sideline. It saved them about 20 seconds in my estimation. The game was decided on a FG with 4 seconds left, so it is significant. I am yelling "why is the clock stopped" over and over and neither of the announcers mentioned it. As far as I know, no coach was going crazy either. Am I dreaming? I haven't even looked at the replay to confirm, but I am pretty darned sure this happened. Did I miss something? It was around midfield.

I noticed the same thing.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yea, Miami will win the Coastal... I think if we can beat WF next week (I am worried the kids may start to get down) We have a shot at a Bowl, but Clemson/VT & UGA will all be tough to close out... My guess we get a W against VT or UGA maybe Both... Along with WF, UVA and Duke Wins and finish 7 or 8 wins heading into the bowl game....

It is disappointing but there are some positive takeaways from this latest debacle

1) The defense has improved. Not exactly stellar but better than most of those in the recent past.
2) Benson is the real deal. Hard runner with some speed.
3) Marshall is a gamer. Not the biggest or the fastest but he gets the most out of his ability.
4) Harvin will put worries about punting to rest for quite a while.
5) JJ, Nate, Quay and Lynch have proven to be reliable players. Blocking on the perimeter could be better

The worst negative is that we absolutely cannot afford any more injuries. The lack of depth will eventually catch up to us.

I think we can sneak into a bowl with 6 or 7 wins but I doubt we will run the table. Disappointed that we could not run the ball effectively up the middle. Offensive line did not have one of its better games.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of people are missing that the rain could have made a huge impact on this loss. If you noticed that's when the O really stopped moving the ball. I honestly think every game this year we have been the better team, including this game.

I am sorry, but your thoughts about the rain are incredibly, well honestly, immature. Oldest excuse in the world - for kids in grade school.

Even more important, your last sentence is a HUGE indictment of this coaching staff.

Matt E

GT Athlete
I am sorry, but your thoughts about the rain are incredibly, well honestly, immature. Oldest excuse in the world - for kids in grade school.

Even more important, your last sentence is a HUGE indictment of this coaching staff.

Agree. Both teams played in the rain. Miami seemed like they handled it just fine. In my opinion CPJ lost confidence and got uber conservative on O. Not playing Howard was an example.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Ok, let's talk about immature. Saying someone else OPINION is wrong..... pretty immature considering your OPINION is not fact. If you can't see that our guys were slipping all over the place and that it changed the game in a drastic way then idk what to tell you. I never used the rain as an excuse as why we lost btw. I said it COULD HAVE which is not stating a fact as why we lost.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I've been a GT fan my entire life and we've never been on the good side of luck. I'm having real trouble dealing with this loss

Well, if picking up a miserably executed on side kick and running it in for a touchdown is not on the good side of luck I would hate to be on the bad side. Not moving the football in the second half got us beat more than any other factor.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately there is a large section of the fanbase that will blame any and every loss on Roof, or whoever the D is, no matter what. To them, the D will always be the scapegoat that they throw under the bus to protect the offense and Johnson.
Finally!! someone other than me gets it! The Johnson lovers/ TO lovers always puts the losses on the D. They just can't bring them selves to believe that PJ is the problem. He is a loser, always will be when it comes to close games, and players do not want to play for him, or his TO!