Miami Postgame

jacob

Banned
I’m as frustrated as anyone but reality is, only 1/130 fanbases can be perfectly happy with a season, and even then, there might be a letdown along the way.

Beat Wake next week and we’re 4-2 going into Clemson which isn’t terrible. Still would rather be a Tech fan than a dwag fan!
That's what I'm saying! I think we can agree the season pretty much relies on the Clemson game

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Granted, this is a game we could have won. But c'mon! We just played the Number 11 team in the country and took it to them. Had it not rained, we may very well have won.

We're playing great ball even if we didn't get the W.

Go Jackets.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Overall the defense played well enough to win but the offense was shut down the second half. Still proud of the effort by this bunch, they all played hard the whole game. Go Jackets!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The team that deserved to win the game the most won today. It is very frustrating because, despite this, we were in great position to win and couldn't get it done. This one reminds me of PITT last year with the crazy bounce. Miami played better than us in the rain. It is as simple as that. When you can't trust the mesh or handle the ball for the full menu of option plays, it makes it quite difficult for us. They had more yards, more first downs etc. If we had won, we would have been very fortunate given the flow of the game.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this, but I was screaming at the TV with about 1:30 to go (I believe this is when it happened), when the Miami clock keeper stopped the clock for the entire between play sequence after a completion on first down for about 7 yards that was tackled in bounds about 20 feet from the sideline. It saved them about 20 seconds in my estimation. The game was decided on a FG with 4 seconds left, so it is significant. I am yelling "why is the clock stopped" over and over and neither of the announcers mentioned it. As far as I know, no coach was going crazy either. Am I dreaming? I haven't even looked at the replay to confirm, but I am pretty darned sure this happened. Did I miss something? It was around midfield.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of people are missing that the rain could have made a huge impact on this loss. If you noticed that's when the O really stopped moving the ball. I honestly think every game this year we have been the better team, including this game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The team that deserved to win the game the most won today. It is very frustrating because, despite this, we were in great position to win and couldn't get it done. This one reminds me of PITT last year with the crazy bounce. Miami played better than us in the rain. It is as simple as that. When you can't trust the mesh or handle the ball for the full menu of option plays, it makes it quite difficult for us. They had more yards, more first downs etc. If we had won, we would have been very fortunate given the flow of the game.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned this, but I was screaming at the TV with about 1:30 to go (I believe this is when it happened), when the Miami clock keeper stopped the clock for the entire between play sequence after a completion on first down for about 7 yards that was tackled in bounds about 20 feet from the sideline. It saved them about 20 seconds in my estimation. The game was decided on a FG with 4 seconds left, so it is significant. I am yelling "why is the clock stopped" over and over and neither of the announcers mentioned it. As far as I know, no coach was going crazy either. Am I dreaming? I haven't even looked at the replay to confirm, but I am pretty darned sure this happened. Did I miss something? It was around midfield.
When that play happened I said good thing he stayed inbound but like you said the clock stopped, it surprised me as well. Miami was holding like crazy, that made a huge difference.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member

Boomer, I know what you are talking about and at the time was thinking the same thing. I've noticed this a couple of times in the past for our games; not that it happens just against us but that I guess I have more of an affinity to keep an eye out on these things and am certain it also happens in other games. For this game, I kind of dismissed it since things were moving fast (Miami was still in hurry-up mode) and also because I'm doubting it would've changed the end result. I actually think this happens often during the middle of the game (not just the end), we just don't notice because we aren't paying that close of attention.

When that play happened I said good thing he stayed inbound but like you said the clock stopped, it surprised me as well. Miami was holding like crazy, that made a huge difference.
Miami got a completion on the sideline somewhere around their 40, IIRC, that sure didn't look like an inbounds completion to me, and yet there was not even a review of it. buzzwiser and I were watching together, and he said the same thing. Does anybody here remember that play, also late in the game?