Miami Postgame

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
This is an issue. Benson should be third string right now, behind Marshall and Mills, and when he got hurt, it put the fourth string guy playing meaningful snaps in a close game. Not a recipe for success.
Are you seriously bringing up the Mills and Marcus Marshall crap as one of the reasons we lost? For a school of smart people, I read some of the dumbest **** on these GT boards after a loss.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
All on Roofs shoulders. Lucky catch by 81 but they got there by running the same play over and over. D went soft when it started to rain. Roof blew it!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Are you seriously bringing up the Mills and Marcus Marshall crap as one of the reasons we lost? For a school of smart people, I read some of the dumbest **** on these GT boards after a loss.
I'll be honest, I didn't think it was a crazy comment. I'm sure quids a good kid but he doesn't scare anybody and Howard is a freshman. When Benson went down it limited the offense, I don't think that's insane to say.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
This loss goes on Roofs shoulders. Defense played soft when it started to rain and gave Miami that bubble screen 6 times in a row. Lucky catch at end by 81.

Negative, man. Offense was pretty much garage in the second half. 1 catch by BS and the game is over, even after the offense's miserable showing

GTFLETCH

Banned
Was Howard healthy? Would have liked to see him get some touches. I know he’s a freshman, but Q doesn’t scare anyone.
I agree... Q Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane... I think Howard may have been able to do something, however I may be wrong... As When Mitchell went out I thought BJS would play better, he looked lost and couldn't get off a few blocks that allowed Homer the big yds up the gut in the 4th

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Need to work on the 2:30 Defense... and stop using the 8 yard buffer on the slot receiver...
I've got an idea. When the opponent get the ball w 2:30 to go have all 11 defenders lie on the ground on the first play. At least then we have a chance to respond ........ just frustrated in seeing the same ole thing over and over and over and ....

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Just more venting here, for the most part. Just skip reading it. There's nothing new here.

So, anyone else get that sinking feeling as Miami completed one sideline pass after another after another after another on the last drive -- not like they didn't use that same play earlier in the game, too -- and wonder, after the first couple of completions, "Hmm, they're going to the well rather often with that. Perhaps our defensive staff should anticipate more of the same"? (n)

Yeah, I know, it's a team game, the offense was pretty useless in the second half (and it was, and I'm a CPJ fan), the rain falls on both teams., ad infinitum. But the way the defense was seemingly set up to fail (yes, I know it wasn't intentional) on that final Miami drive, oh good Lord. OK, I'm through venting.

(Oh well, at least we've got an all-world punter for the next three seasons. What a performance by Pressley Harvin today -- six punts, 45.3 avg, four downed inside the Miami 20. No fumbles or interceptions by the offense, either.)

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree... Q Looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane... I think Howard may have been able to do something, however I may be wrong... As When Mitchell went out I thought BJS would play better, he looked lost and couldn't get off a few blocks that allowed Homer the big yds up the gut in the 4th

We'll, there's a reason they aren't starters. They will be fine players, but the starters are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk