Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely, we ran to our strength first which is what we should do and the under center plays were a good change.

I don’t completely agree about da U’s defense. They’re individually talented but as a Team I’m not sold on them being all that. As soon as things start to go south, players that don’t play team ball expose themselves to more disciplined ones.

That group of Miami linebackers that played so well against us in Atlanta when they were freshmen have seemingly regressed. Quarterman in particular, looks "fat and slow" (Miami fans' description) They are poor tacklers and in the second half wilted in the heat. Our guys have more heart and discipline even though they do not have near the talent as Miami which manages to squander more talent than any team in the ACC this side of FSU. Miami fans are billing the November 2nd showdown with the Noles as a coaching "clinic" for the ages WILLIE T vs MANNY in a special ed. bowl for coaches.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Look no one criticized P'nut more than me, but his play calling helped us win you don't have to score all the time just keep the other teams offense off the field.

P'nut had a great game today. We beat Miami like we used to: run the football at them until they wilt. The changes he made were subtle but effective and he rode that horse (Mason) which had the added benefit of taking pressure off James and negating Miami's biggest advantage: their pass rush.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That group of Miami linebackers that played so well against us in Atlanta when they were freshmen have seemingly regressed. Quarterman in particular, looks "fat and slow" (Miami fans' description) They are poor tacklers and in the second half wilted in the heat. Our guys have more heart and discipline even though they do not have near the talent as Miami which manages to squander more talent than any team in the ACC this side of FSU. Miami fans are billing the November 2nd showdown with the Noles as a coaching "clinic" for the ages WILLIE T vs MANNY in a special ed. bowl for coaches.
Here would be a good poll:

Which game would have the most waste of talent?

Mutt vs Tennessee

Or

FSU vs da U

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I love the way Graham holds his presence in the pocket with eyes downfield. Yeah, he’ll take some sacks but he’ll make a lot of plays. That TD pass was all due to Graham standing in there and taking a lick.
He was actually moving up in the pocket to avoid pressure and threw off the wrong foot. Great play, but even greater by Brown. Did anybody see the footwork by Brown? Dude was cutting toward the post and had to whirl around 180 degrees make that grab and still had the presence to stick inside the pylon!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Two things:

• I predicted it! I predicted it! There was a thread awhile ago that asked which team we would beat next and I said da U. They have looked a bit better since then, but not enough.

• Mason: 20 carries, 141 yards, ypc 7.1. Finally, he is getting enough carries to make him a factor. Two weeks in a row now. Let's hope that continues. Query: Howard: 5 carries, 22 yards, ypc 4.4; Griffin 8 carries, 21 yards, ypc 2.6. I understand that Jamious is a good back and all that, but Howard has had a much better ypc for two games now. Howard should be getting more carries. He's producing.

And, finally, that was a true team effort, showed true grit, and Tech deserved to win. When I think about what happened in 2017 when we played just as hard and ended up losing by a similar set of bizarre circumstances, I feel like the Football Gods have avenged us.

Now, with an off week Tech finally gets to build on a win. We played as a team today, despite some continuing offensive problems. It's a lot easier to correct bad tendencies after a win then a loss, however, and we get an extra week to do it. Let's hope we can continue today's improvement and beat Pitt.

I'd forgotten about the crap from 2 yrs ago--good call on redemption. btw-mistakenly hit dislike

LibertyTurns

Banned

Alright, someone either needs to teach coach how to jump or he needs to stop jumping. His jump after the missed FG at the end of the 4th quarter was equally comical. Media & recruiting could be great strengths, but he needs to leave the jumping to others.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Alright, someone either needs to teach coach how to jump or he needs to stop jumping. His jump after the missed FG at the end of the 4th quarter was equally comical. Media & recruiting could be great strengths, but he needs to leave the jumping to others.
A 180 jump is ok but he should jump again after the turn. We have a week off he can practice it next week

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes, so we still need to temper expectations, because not only did we only have the 7 by our O in reg, but their kicker really did choke today. I am glad for the win, and it has to feel good to the team and the coaches, and I hope this helps their confidence going forward, but every game will be difficult that we have left.

Yes. And that winning feeling was terribly needed. And the taste of it will help remove some of the burdens of a difficult year thus far.

The D should keep us in more games going forward. Still a lot to improve on with the offense.