Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

LibertyTurns

Banned
We just finally start running and sticking with the run. We’ve got an oline that was built to run. Not pass block. That is our strength right now. To pass the ball a ton is stupid. I thought the offensive game plan on the 2nd half was stellar. And that is coming from someone who has been extremely critical of Pnode. Maybe some not so deserved. Regardless, every team needs an identity. Each side of the ball needs an identity. Our identity is a running team. It is what we know how to do effectively. I think we were trying to be too multiple and trying to hard to lose our prior reputation. I’m just glad he finally stopped trying to do too many things. We just ran the ball down the throat of a hell of a talented defense. We’ve got to stick with that to be successful.
Absolutely, we ran to our strength first which is what we should do and the under center plays were a good change.

I don’t completely agree about da U’s defense. They’re individually talented but as a Team I’m not sold on them being all that. As soon as things start to go south, players that don’t play team ball expose themselves to more disciplined ones.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is awesome. I’m sure there’s a good amount of fans that don’t like this sort of stuff, but this is the culture CGC is trying to build. Happy it’s staying in the locker room for the most part, but love the fact that he’s trying to tie the city to the Institute. If they just win The Citadel game I think the mindset of the fan base and this board specifically is much different about CGC. I hope they take this win and continue to build and grow, but this is also year 0. If they can squeak out 1 or 2 more it would be huge considering the current lineup because of injuries and waiver denials.
After a big win you bet they should be doing this sort of stuff!!!!!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Lmao, speed option was blocked with veer blocking, inside zone dive ran out of single hit about like it does out of split since due to the formation it was like a heavy tackle over. Orbit motion to set up rocket toss out of slot right (was going to be a backside trap). but yeah keep believing CPJ's offense was only keep left and keep right.

And the current coaches had nothing to do with any O success today no doubt. Probably whatever O success we had today is due to CPJ and our O only scoring 7 in reg is the fault of current coaches.

Really ashamed of CGC never beating um in Miami for the last 5 times we played there.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We just finally start running and sticking with the run.

Here is our pass/ breakdown for each game and the ypc we had

Clemson - 18/45 - 3.5
USF - 21/49 - 3.7
Citadel - 13/33 - 5.5
Temple - 35/35 - 3.7
UNC - 24/29 - 5.2
Duke - 35/40 - 4.3
Miami - 19/45 - 4.6

We started the year very heavy run and it wasn't working. When we got into games where we got far behind, we passed more for obvious reasons. The one game where the stats make it look like we should have run more was UNC, and we ran it 15 times for 50 yards in the first half, so it wasn't overly effective in the first half. It makes no sense to run it 75% of the time when you're down 3 TDs and averaging 4 yards.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
And the current coaches had nothing to do with any O success today no doubt. Probably whatever O success we had today is due to CPJ and our O only scoring 7 in reg is the fault of current coaches.

Really ashamed of CGC never beating um in Miami for the last 5 times we played there.

Where did I say that? The point is you don't have to pretend. The zone run scheme out of the gun was on the new coaching staff. SO was deciding to implement elements of the old offense. CPJ wasn't calling the plays.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Great win by our players who showed no quit. The D got their juice back this week and kept us in this game as Mason carried the O.

And this game was an impossibility. We didn’t have anything close to enough talent to hang with the likes of Miami according to those trying to explain our other losses so far this year. Hmmmmm

Very interesting as a lot of the guys who contributed to this W weren’t even considered “major contributors” by many. So we have depth against UM I guess.

Players grit carried Tech to victory. Well done fellas!!!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Can we all stop the sniping for just ONE day and enjoy this?

You think what has gone on here is "sniping"? Go to Canes Insight and you will see real sniping. There is none of that don't throw the players under the bus with t hat crowd. Anybody and everybody is fair game all t he way down to the cheerleaders. Georgia Tech and its fans are seldom mentioned except in disgust like "Think about this, we are tied with GEORGIA TECH" or "We are about to lose to a 1-5 team" Sometimes they will use the players' numbers when hurling an insult or criticism but most of the time they don't bother. Today, the kickers were excoriated as in " ______________ right leg weighs less than a football no wonder it got blocked" One of them said that the ESPN 35 yard line marker for field goal kickers ought to be moved to the 5 yard line for Miami. The Miami middle linebacker Quarterman was a favorite target for running himself out of plays and not getting to the corner quickly enough. Enos, the offensive coordinator was a favorite target. After the double reverse fiasco inside the Tech 8 yard line in the fourth quarter, one of them posted that Enos owed money to a Mafia loan shark and was trying deliberately to torpedo the Canes offense.