Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
Mason is a beast. OL is ok run blocking. The under center looks were nice. I liked the ace form looks. Adonicas is a good WR. Defense was ok/good, but offense won the day by driving the ball.

Great post altogether, and glad someone said it: Our O didn’t score in 2nd half, but their ability to drive the ball in the 2nd half, flipping the field, and running the clock was as important as anything in this game.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Two things:

• I predicted it! I predicted it! There was a thread awhile ago that asked which team we would beat next and I said da U. They have looked a bit better since then, but not enough.

• Mason: 20 carries, 141 yards, ypc 7.1. Finally, he is getting enough carries to make him a factor. Two weeks in a row now. Let's hope that continues. Query: Howard: 5 carries, 22 yards, ypc 4.4; Griffin 8 carries, 21 yards, ypc 2.6. I understand that Jamious is a good back and all that, but Howard has had a much better ypc for two games now. Howard should be getting more carries. He's producing.

And, finally, that was a true team effort, showed true grit, and Tech deserved to win. When I think about what happened in 2017 when we played just as hard and ended up losing by a similar set of bizarre circumstances, I feel like the Football Gods have avenged us.

Now, with an off week Tech finally gets to build on a win. We played as a team today, despite some continuing offensive problems. It's a lot easier to correct bad tendencies after a win then a loss, however, and we get an extra week to do it. Let's hope we can continue today's improvement and beat Pitt.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Other than a couple of stuffed QB Keepers, I didn't see anything that resembled PJ's offense. Far too many completed passes too.

Lmao, speed option was blocked with veer blocking, inside zone dive ran out of single hit about like it does out of split since due to the formation it was like a heavy tackle over. Orbit motion to set up rocket toss out of slot right (was going to be a backside trap). but yeah keep believing CPJ's offense was only keep left and keep right.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Part of me almost wishes we got this.win on Richts Miami team just to make it even sweeter, but this will.do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Great win! It's about as pure of a "team win" as you can get with TDs from all 3 phases. Defense was lights out in the second half and the offense moved incredibly well after halftime as well (still have trouble punching it in). Something I've really been encouraged by is our performance in the second half of the last few games. It's clear that our coaches are great at half-time adjustments because the improvement is significant. Lastly, Mason is an NFL back. What he did in OT was almost identical to what Todd Gurley did to us in the UGA 2013 OT. Just give him the ball and let him run.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Great win! Well deserved.

I think Brent Key had a lot to do with the game prep and strategy for this game. The OL blocking was so much better today, and it came against a real tough run defense, too!

A sweet team win, too. Hope the team keeps improving, one game at a time!

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
A lot of ****ty special teams today. By both teams

source.gif

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
We just finally start running and sticking with the run. We’ve got an oline that was built to run. Not pass block. That is our strength right now. To pass the ball a ton is stupid. I thought the offensive game plan on the 2nd half was stellar. And that is coming from someone who has been extremely critical of Pnode. Maybe some not so deserved. Regardless, every team needs an identity. Each side of the ball needs an identity. Our identity is a running team. It is what we know how to do effectively. I think we were trying to be too multiple and trying to hard to lose our prior reputation. I’m just glad he finally stopped trying to do too many things. We just ran the ball down the throat of a hell of a talented defense. We’ve got to stick with that to be successful.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Bammmm. Beating Miami at Miami is big. What I saw different, the offense became the offense they should be. Run the ball and play action pass. In fact for those that were observant, we lined up several times in the broken flex, with an A back and a B back, with the line in 3 point stances with wider splits. Punting was great and the defense was really good. Yes we gave up some runs, but to me after we lost BJ Swilling is when that started to happen. Could we win out in the ACC, yep as I don't see anyone on our schedule as better than the team we played today. Also it is good that we have a bye so we can rest up after this game. And the bye let's me go Elk/Deer hunting and stay out all day on Saturday.

Yeah in a funny way this was a big road win. Cathartic.

We had not beaten um there since 2007.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So happy coach P finally figured out what a running back was. Great win!
There were a number of people on this site that said early on let's lean on what we have before going all in to where we want to go. I agreed completely. Mason and Howard and Griffin sprinkled in with Graham on some of his option carries, sprinkled in with some nice passes, sprinkled in with the best Punter in the game, and you have a huge win! Not to discount the first big turnover the D created. Graham should have been quarterback out of the gate (again like many said on this site) and Mason should never have gotten only 5-10 carries a game!! He proved last year he can flat out run the with the rock. He can be a 100 yd game guy every week, especially with Howard and Griffin relieving him. If we had this O game plan going into our first games we would have had at least two more wins under our belt IMHO. Very encouraging seeing the coaching staff using the talent we have in a very productive way. We have enough talent to win a few more games if we have the right game plan on both sides of the ball. THWG!

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
We just won a game scoring 7 offensive points in regulation
True but we self sabotaged several other opportunities... bad false start on FG, fumble, bad hold that killed drives... that happens some to all teams just ours doesn't have much wiggle room as we continue to improve... but we did improve today had chances to make pointd