Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
They showed it!!! That's when we went from &_#@ (! in my house to YEAH, WE WIN!!!

I have watched that play twice but both times I would have put the ball at two different spots. Why did the receiver go back? He had the first down and then gave it away. I am still not sure that ball was marked correctly but whose complaining? A "mark off win" is new t o me.

LibertyTurns

Banned
True but I thought you meant just in the past year or so. There will not be a trophy in the "outhouse" for this year to be sure.
Yes, the mutt talent to suck ratio has been higher the previous 2 years. Hopefully, they regress to the mean this year & take up their rightful place mired between mediocre & great, the miserable land where hearts are perpetually broken. 2 additional losses or more would be fantastic.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I will add, I was really impressed with the kick from King even though it didn’t count. That thing was good from at least 57 it seemed and right down the pipe! Got to be good for confidence going forward!

I have a question about the penalty called on the play. Did I hear the announcers correctly that the illegal procedure had something to do with two players having the same number and it not being properly reported, or something like that? Exactly what was the penalty for?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a question about the penalty called on the play. Did I hear the announcers correctly that the illegal procedure had something to do with two players having the same number and it not being properly reported, or something like that? Exactly what was the penalty for?

I don’t think so. Our guy (Chimdeza I believe) just rocked back before the snap. Very minor, but he did move.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
True but I thought you meant just in the past year or so. There will not be a trophy in the "outhouse" for this year to be sure.
I thought Kentucky played them pretty well. They shanked a punt deep in their own territory in the middle of the third, and UGA scored on the next play. That changed the whole complexion of the game. Kentucky still managed to get the ball all the way down to the six-yard line later in the game, but couldn't punch it in. At that point, their defense ran completely out of gas. It was a closer game than the score indicated, with UGA not getting into Kentucky territory the entire first half. Georgia probably won't take any hit in the polls, since they put up 21 while shutting Kentucky out.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
After the punt/TD, I wondered who came up with that play. I do not recall seeing a sideline throw from a punter... ever.

Great play and even better execution.

I give credit to Collins for the ***** to call that one. I suspect they have worked on that play and found Harvin had a good arm.

So impressed. Kudos to CGC for the call.

In a player interview a few weeks ago Harvin said that he was working on a long pass play and hoped to use it in a game.