Merits of G-League vs. College Basketball

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You left out the fact that they have to go to class .... :LOL:

Man, I almost said it with a straight face. Dang. dtm's gonna lose that smidgen of respect he had left for me after these last few posts. :(

You're like school on a Saturday morning in the summertime.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would be fascinated to know the trade offs of that contract. How much of the top end he gave up for an apparent $1M guarantee. Regardless, it is an interesting experiment and shows the issues with a HS kid taking a GLeague contract.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tacko Fall shatters records at NBA draft combine, while Bol Bol among big disappointments
"Darius Bazley. The former Syracuse signee wasn’t unspectacular at the combine, and his mere presence there will help his stock. But taking 2018-19 off drastically hurt Bazley’s pro future prospectus so he’s already fighting an uphill battle as far as exposure and relevancy. He initially announced he planned to play in the G-League instead of at Syracuse but then decided not to play in the G-League and trained on his own. His performance at the combine had the potential to bring his name back into the draft equation. It really didn’t, even though the 6-9 forward showed glimpses as an NBA-caliber talent in scrimmages."

Power of the pen there, maybe? Saw somewhere that he went 8 for 13 in 2 scrimmages.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will be really curious to see what level of international league he signs with. For a 6'6" 195 lb PF, this sounds a lot like the Ball brothers getting stashed in Lithuania for a couple of months. Not sure what Kenyan is trying to accomplish for his kid here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think these test cases will largely be failures. Even the one kid going to New Zealand. Neither he nor Martin are lock NBA 1st rounders. Seems like trying too hard to do something different. As @YlJacket says, smells more like the Ball brothers to Lithuania situation.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think these test cases will largely be failures. Even the one kid going to New Zealand. Neither he nor Martin are lock NBA 1st rounders. Seems like trying too hard to do something different. As @YlJacket says, smells more like the Ball brothers to Lithuania situation.

Which kid going to New Zealand isn't a 1st rd lock?