Mercer Predictions

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT achieves the over ourselves.

Mercer just started playing football again in 2013. They joined the Southern Conference in 2014...which means they're still cycling through lower level talent they needed to just to field a team.

In all honesty, this game should be the annual CPJ beatdown game (ala Alcorn State in 2015). I say we score 60+ points, our bench clears, and even some of the walk-ons play the last half of the 4th quarter. Plus, our guys will probably want to pound someone after the week they had in practice all week after not performing to CPJ's level in Ireland.

Mercer maybe scores 10 on our 3rd stringers and walk ons in the 4th.

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, if the guys don't show a little urgency, then it will be a long season. Let's hope this one is an all around feel good day. 60-10 GT. We stop worrying for 24 hours...

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we are going to see the guys come out hot early. Don't see CPJ running up the score, so likely we will see lots of BBack Dive, over and over and over and over and over until we do it over and over some more. I doubt CPJ is going to call it less than 25% of the time.

That said, I think the score ends up being somewhere in the 49-10 score range, but the team could hang 70 points.

I think the O runs much smoother, and is clicking early - the team will have ran as many reps as possible this week in practice, and I don't think CPJ is playing when he says the only starter is Qua

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I want to see as much triple option as possible. We didn't run it very much Saturday. I saw some missed reads when we did. We have some bread and butter plays that I'm sure we'll run, like rocket toss, smoke routes, and called gives to the BB, but I for one would like to see us work on the actual 3O.

44-6

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
I think CPJ will want to see as much film on the 1s and 2s as he can, leaving them in the game longer than Mercer will appreciate, so I'm looking for a big score. I don't think we'll see the bench clearing until late in the game---maybe 4th quarter. Result is we score over 50, they score less than 20.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we are going to see the guys come out hot early. Don't see CPJ running up the score, so likely we will see lots of BBack Dive, over and over and over and over and over until we do it over and over some more. I doubt CPJ is going to call it less than 25% of the time.

That said, I think the score ends up being somewhere in the 49-10 score range, but the team could hang 70 points.

I think the O runs much smoother, and is clicking early - the team will have ran as many reps as possible this week in practice, and I don't think CPJ is playing when he says the only starter is Qua
i think there is to many things cpj is going to want to work on just to run the dive. We will run the dive a lot, but when the subs come in I think he needs to see the young WR's and other A backs that didn't get much playing time this past week.