Mercer Predictions

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not to be Captain Obvious, but I think if the 1's and 2's stay in deep into the game, it'll be because we broke some big plays early and didn't get to grind out the work that we needed to get in. Faster we run up a score, longer the depth-chart guys stay in. I hope we see the whole roster on Saturday, but even more I hope we get a smoother run of our O and our D.

Feels like 52-7 for me. Not sure what all I'm basing that on.

I also predict a change of clothes, as we have 3 pre-game stops to make. Both of us hold Mercer degrees, and yet we'll sit in our normal (decidedly Tech) place and be pulling for the Jackets 100% when the action starts up. o_O

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Mercer loads the line of scrimmage . At snap count some drop back and some blitz. Whichever ab goes in motion is trailed by a Full speed lb/safety to try get to qb during the pitch hoping for turnovers or get a tackle for loss. Works enough for them slow us down and get fans upset about our TO being slow. 42-21 good guys

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Mercer loads the line of scrimmage . At snap count some drop back and some blitz. Whichever ab goes in motion is trailed by a Full speed lb/safety to try get to qb during the pitch hoping for turnovers or get a tackle for loss. Works enough for them slow us down and get fans upset about our TO being slow. 42-21 good guys
Do you sincerely think we will only win by 21?

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
We are in for a long season if that happens. After CPJ getting onto the players and having a much better week of practice we should come out with a chip on our shoulder. This is going to be a blowout win, that won't be close after the first quarter. I would think we would have a Tulane like score from last year. 60ish-10ish.

Techsportsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Mercer forum posts stating we haven't scored more than two touchdowns but twice in the last eleven games and that everyone has figured out how to defend our option offense. To hell with that. Hope we hang 70 on them.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
They haven't scored a ton of points against their competition either:

upload_2016-9-8_10-28-16.png

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Mercer isn't ready for a game like this. They'll be fired up and come out with their hair on fire. The fans will show up. Then reality will set in when they quickly realize that Tech is simply better at every single position. I think it'll be something like 35-0 at the half and a 62-7 final. Oh, and this is coming from a Mercer Alum

BearDownMU

Georgia Tech Fan
Mercer forum posts stating we haven't scored more than two touchdowns but twice in the last eleven games and that everyone has figured out how to defend our option offense. To hell with that. Hope we hang 70 on them.

You synopsis of what was said on the thread is....loose.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
28-10 GT Was not convinced last week that we are much better than last year. O line looked like it had the same issues as last season.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
28-10 GT Was not convinced last week that we are much better than last year. O line looked like it had the same issues as last season.
Get out of here with that mess lol. I'll take cpj word over any fans. We played a team that was the number 1 D in the country and we still scored the second or third highest ppd from last year and the first game this year. Cpj knew last year we weren't that good. he was surprised by the Boston college game because we looked so good in camp. we were playing on an awful field with the weather, and we were in another country. Don't expect what we saw last week to be the usual for this year. PEOPLE IT WAS THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR. Remember 2014 early in the season?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Your right . It will probably 49-15.
I am hoping they give it their best pressure defense and we defeat it.
Mercer is no powerhouse like university of mass or app state, but as we saw this past weekend aggressive defenses can be successful. By way u of fla and u of Tennessee are rated way higher than we are.

We sure don't need blocking dummy practice.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Your right . It will probably 49-15.

I am hoping they give it their best pressure defense and we defeat it.

Mercer is no powerhouse like university of mass or app state, but as we saw this past weekend aggressive defenses can be successful. By way u of fla and u of Tennessee are rated way higher than we are.