Marshall to start versus UNC...

I have a problem with this quote -- “My way of doing things, it’s not fair to the guy who practices all the time not to let him play,” Johnson said after the game.
I'm not saying it's wrong to start TM over Oliver, but is it fair to the guy who single-handedly beat a team and probably would have won at least 2 others for us?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have a problem with this quote -- “My way of doing things, it’s not fair to the guy who practices all the time not to let him play,” Johnson said after the game.
I'm not saying it's wrong to start TM over Oliver, but is it fair to the guy who single-handedly beat a team and probably would have won at least 2 others for us?

That quote explained starting TO over TM, who only practiced one day before vpi.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
The offense runs quicker with TO. Our offense seems to respond a little more positively when he comes in. What can’t be overlooked is having Cooper, Braun, and Hansen established as our interior. When you’ve got good blocking, all the backs look good. That being said, there’s just something about TO. He’s a gamer. I think it’s been a tougher year injury wise for Marshall than we realize. I think that toe injury in the S. Florida game set him back quite a bit.

gtg845w

Jolly Good Fellow
If we start TM and he doesn't score in the first 2 drives plus UNC is up 14-0 then TO is not coming in bc now we need to pass to catch up. Starting TM over TO after his performance last week would be insulting to TO. No way TM does what TO did, no way. This would be a death march for PJ unless TM goes crazy.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Just read the article and to me personally it doesn’t sound like TM is starting. I think he will stick with TO and TM will come come in for mop up duty.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am less certain that the QB difference was the real reason for our offensive explosion against VPI&SU. Personally, I think football games are won and lost along the line of scrimmage, and our O line dominated their D line. I think maybe I could have played QB and won in Blacksburg. OK, that's an exaggeration, but you get my point.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If we start TM and he doesn't score in the first 2 drives plus UNC is up 14-0 then TO is not coming in bc now we need to pass to catch up. Starting TM over TO after his performance last week would be insulting to TO. No way TM does what TO did, no way. This would be a death march for PJ unless TM goes crazy.
No way TM does what TO did? Issue with this is TM has done what TO did.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Personally I don't care who starts I wanna see both. Let TQM if healthy come in and run the triples, counters, and speed options. Then let TO come in and run his sets. There is no way a team can be perfectly prepped for both. Find which one works the best and ride the hot horse down their throats. TQM has looked good this year when he's been healthy Duke and Pitt has was limping on the sideline.

He said they're both going to play. Sounds good to me.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I understand TQM starting, I really do. He was the starter before he got hurt, and apparently he can run way more of the offense, and execute it better in practice.

THAT SAID...I would think his leash is going to be about this long. If he doesn't move the ball in 2 possessions, I think it'll be oliver

I think that's right, but I think TQM moves the ball crisply against UNC. I think Oliver gets significant playing time in any case. QB's take a beating in this offense, and we need two of them.

The offense runs quicker with TO. Our offense seems to respond a little more positively when he comes in. What can’t be overlooked is having Cooper, Braun, and Hansen established as our interior. When you’ve got good blocking, all the backs look good. That being said, there’s just something about TO. He’s a gamer. I think it’s been a tougher year injury wise for Marshall than we realize. I think that toe injury in the S. Florida game set him back quite a bit.
That was apparently obvious to everyone but Johnson

Animal02

Banned
Man, some of y’all acting like Oliver is this sure thing stud. Nothing against him, he played well, but it was 1 game. We didn’t see him pass really, and we only saw a handful of plays. Let’s wait and see what he can do for a stretch of time. For the record I think he can be very good and continue what he did Saturday, but it’s yet to be seen. Also remember TM has had just as good of games.
This +100
This remindes me so much of the morons who demanded Vlad start over Tevon.....and then booed Tevon when he took the field.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
T. Marshall is starting because we are running a pass play on the first play of the game. Then CPJ will put in T. Oliver for the rest of the game. :LOL: