Marshall to start versus UNC...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Man, some of y’all acting like Oliver is this sure thing stud. Nothing against him, he played well, but it was 1 game. We didn’t see him pass really, and we only saw a handful of plays. Let’s wait and see what he can do for a stretch of time. For the record I think he can be very good and continue what he did Saturday, but it’s yet to be seen. Also remember TM has had just as good of games.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally I don't care who starts I wanna see both. Let TQM if healthy come in and run the triples, counters, and speed options. Then let TO come in and run his sets. There is no way a team can be perfectly prepped for both. Find which one works the best and ride the hot horse down their throats. TQM has looked good this year when he's been healthy Duke and Pitt has was limping on the sideline.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Tobias deserves to start and play until he struggles. His performance Thursday earned that. I have talked to a lot of folks that have echoed what many are saying. Tobias’ performance and the big win have rejuvenated them and if Johnson goes back to TQM they are done with him.
I wouldn’t want to be Stansbury or Johnson if this is true and we start Taquon and lose to unc.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I remember people feeling this way about JT after Jordan won the VT game in 2016. I do think TO deserves the start though.
I would dearly love to have some plays coach knows that TO can run. Hope that when coach thinks there is a series to use it t, I hope he plays TO ..

Do this all the time w more players so we have some more depth.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Tobias deserves to start and play until he struggles. His performance Thursday earned that. I have talked to a lot of folks that have echoed what many are saying. Tobias’ performance and the big win have rejuvenated them and if Johnson goes back to TQM they are done with him.
I wouldn’t want to be Stansbury or Johnson if this is true and we start Taquon and lose to unc.
So what if he goes back to TM and we blow UNC out of the water and then he turns around and beats Miami and UVA? Don’t get me wrong, I think with how well Tobias played he deserves to get the start on Saturday but he could get pulled quick if he’s not getting it done. I just think we need to hold our horses on kinging him as being better than TM.

RiseUpATL

Banned
This is frustrating because I don’t see the point in starting TQM at this point. He had his chance. Last year and half of this year. He just doesn’t seem to have the ability to finish a game. Whether it’s failing to pitch it against UT in OT to a wide open RB for then win to keep it himself and not get the TD, or hocking up punts to wide open receivers or other various reasons. He has had his opportunity to claim his role as the guy to finish this season. Well the season is on life support. Literally can’t lose another game for a second season with him at the helm.

He just doesn’t get me excited about the future and that’s what we are playing for at this point. But WTH do I know. I’m just a fan.