Marcus Marshall

Size is overrated at BB.
I wouldn't say all that. As the season goes on , the bigger body guys will survive longer. It's nice to see depth because the smaller guys will not have to carry the load. My ideal BBack was JDwyer. I haven't seen an BBack at tech with MM size so I can't really judge it yet. But I have seen guys like JD and SDays thrive with their size. When you play between the guards, you need that big frame to take the pounding play after play. Until I see MM do this , I'm going to say Skov has the preferred body type for that position.

I do think MM is the perfect ABack. Either way I am so happy he is apart of the team.

wesleyd21

Georgia Tech Fan
I think MM has more of a tree trunk quality than most are giving him credit for. What is he, 5-9, 205? Stout fella, imo.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Bro I didn't claim that ANY back of ANY size could be a BB. I said there's not prototype. And I got this quote from a coach, so I'll go with that. Also, are you serious about the position switches? So according to you, CPJ's logic is "I know MLD is a BB and MM is an AB, but in their first year I'm gonna play them completely opposite of that. In fact, I'm gonna make the future AB my first string BB over other candidates"? Come on man...
Well … yes, I do mean that Coach will move people all over the backfield if he thinks the situation warrants it and he wants to give them a chance to get on the field. He's done it before and he'll do it again. I still think that, given what we have coming back at BB next year, Marshall will go to AB. We need size there - take a look - and he's a good fit for it. This year, it's another story, due to injuries. Btw, a "prototype" means a profile that fits some players and not others.

But, like I say, we'll see soon enough.

Well … yes, I do mean that Coach will move people all over the backfield if he thinks the situation warrants it and he wants to give them a chance to get on the field. He's done it before and he'll do it again. I still think that, given what we have coming back at BB next year, Marshall will go to AB. We need size there - take a look - and he's a good fit for it. This year, it's another story, due to injuries. Btw, a "prototype" means a profile that fits some players and not others.

But, like I say, we'll see soon enough.
I agree with you on the size for the position ! I hope we can revisit this particularly post year from to see who was Right or wrong.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully it's just not updated recently.
To me he looks bigger than that. I also find it hard to believe he is that weight because that would mean his weight hasn't changed since high school.

By comparison, I read an article the other day somewhere that talked about Jabari rejoining the defense and it said he weighed 260. Sometimes I think getting up to date measurements is a low priority.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm a little dubious of that, but would love if it's true. In any event, he is heavier than the listed weight. As one staff friend of mine said, "I am optimistic that we're going to find out Kendarious can go get the QB. And if we do-- I don't care how much he doesn't weigh."
I wrote a piece on FTRS back in the day about this guy because I was super high on him. It seems like it has been forever waiting for him to get on the field.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The revisit will be less interesting than some may think. I'm gonna trust CPJ on this one....pretty sure he has a better idea of what / who will work best in his offense. Maybe a fan that slept at a holiday inn last night knows better tho.
I agree completely.
On a tangential note, CPJ tried his best to make Snoddy into a B-back but it just didn't take. I think CPJ would like a true home run threat at B-back. With regard to Snoddy, in CPJ's last press conference he was asked about him and dropped his voice like he does when he is kind of shrugging as he answers, "I don't know, he's not much of a blocker, he's a runner." Snoddy obviously works best at A-back but if he has some of the other physical qualities that Marshall has he might have stayed at B-back.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Always thought Giovani Bernard would have been amazing as a BBack. Just a year ago, many of us were talking about JT and questioned what the perfect QB size would be and could someone so small hold up. It would be cool if we were revisiting this discussion after this season is over and reconsidering the perfect size of our BBack. From my view MM looks like a breakout guy this year.
Good point. I definitely had reservations about JT's size before the start of last season....mostly due to Nesbitt's success as a larger QB.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think MM has more of a tree trunk quality than most are giving him credit for. What is he, 5-9, 205? Stout fella, imo.
Tree trunks are stationary. Maybe if we borrow from the animal kingdom, he's like a wart hog. How would like to try and tackle one of these?

nigel-pavitt-katavi-national-park-a-warthog-runs-with-its-tail-in-the-air-tanzania.jpg

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I think people are really over thinking MM's weight. He is built thickly and even though he isn't up in the 220 lb range, he is still a very good running back. Has natural instincts you cant teach and I believe will do very well at B back. I'm projected MM to have around 800 yards rushing with 6 or 7 TDS this year and Skov with about 600 yards and 12 TDS (he will get more of the goal line runs.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think people are really over thinking MM's weight. He is built thickly and even though he isn't up in the 220 lb range, he is still a very good running back. Has natural instincts you cant teach and I believe will do very well at B back. I'm projected MM to have around 800 yards rushing with 6 or 7 TDS this year and Skov with about 600 yards and 12 TDS (he will get more of the goal line runs.

Tim "the TD poacher" Byerly says not so fast...

Look for Mr.Beast mode Byrely to have a few carries down at the goal line as well.