Marcus Marshall

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
That states post-spring. CPJ said the post-summer chart should come out today, so......

Really curious to see if JHD or Gamble at the other DT spot with Gotsis.

When I listened to the interview I thought CPJ said that he and the coaches would get together Monday and make a depth chart. I don't recall him making any promises about when they would make it publicly available.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Needs a non-injury/anything bad tag, I never know what to expect with these threads that have only a player's name in the title
I let out an audible "Oh No" after reading the headline and opened with extreme trepidation. Guess I am a true GT fan...maybe after another year like last year my mindset will change.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I said he was the real deal the first time I saw his tape and then heard his IV after signing.The talent with the maturity and attitude blew me away.(as opposed to MLD who already had a dui before he even arrived). I am excited to see his career.
Wasn't a dui, but that's beside the point. You don't have to disparage another player on our team to pump MM up. These guys are teammates and brothers when it's all said and done.

I said he was the real deal the first time I saw his tape and then heard his IV after signing.The talent with the maturity and attitude blew me away.(as opposed to MLD who already had a dui before he even arrived). I am excited to see his career.
You obviously know nothing about MLD's situation, but regardless, why pick on a Tech recruit or player like that? MLD paid his dues and, according to a mutual acquaintance, it made a man out of him.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
My guess is that KQ produced a depth chart based on educated guesses (which is fine), reflecting the latest height and weight of recruits posted by the official GT site (but Jabari is clearly an exception). I imagine Whitehead weighed 209 when he last weighed-in officially, and that that number is hopefully inaccurate. The reality is what Dr. J said, it does not matter what he weighs if he can get to the QB, but based on all of our respective histories' watching games it seems unlikely that a 210 lb player can consistently beat a tackle (which makes sense). I imagine he is more than 209 and less than 240 after this camp, which does not really matter so long as he can consistently get to the QB.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Marshall will play a lot. Not sure about starting but yeah. Allen has Fallon behind per Ken & Kelly. They like his explosiveness a lot. Allan disappointed me that he didn't step up they way I thought he would.

MLD will get another shot at Bback next year I'm guessing unless another freshman comes in and blows doors. Plus CJ & Q will be back.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is a similar shorter running back Ohio State freshman Michael Weber. Top 10 running back, high 4 star recruit, Army All American, 247 has him ranked as #78 player in nation

http://www.prepforce.com/video/7292/2015-rb-michael-weber-2014-season-highlight-remix

And here is lowly non-all-american 3 star recruit Marcus Marshall. Ranked the 78th best running back in the nation, #1022 player in the nation

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1702799/marcus-marshall

Weber looks like a great RB and should be a 4 star recruit, but man, he doesn't have Marcus' burst, cutting ability, vision, etc. The recruiting services missed our man and I'm sure glad we have him!

I think Marshall is going to be a good player but his height is a concern for me. We haven't seen someone of his "smaller size" at that position to date. He just looks like an A-back to me. It's going to be interesting to see him take the pounding this year. I personally like the 6'0 210-230 lbs guys. What do I know about that position ? Nothing compared to CPJ.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Marcus Marshall is the best pure RB on our roster. His running ability is, IMO, better than his brother's who was a 5 star RB out of HS. Had he been 5'10+, he's a top RB prospect. Fortunately for us, RBs of all sizes and shapes can play in our offense. MM is probably closer to 5'8, but his running style, strength, quickness, and agility in short spaces helps him at BB.

Surprised to hear Marcus Allen fall behind in just 2 weeks, but then again he was dinged in the scrimmage, and we have another 2 weeks before kickoff. As we know about depth charts, take it with a grain of salt. Remember the walk-on WR that cracked the 2 deep last year before the season started? I don't think he ever played a meaningful snap all last season.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/b-backs-marcus-marshall-patrick-skov-atop-georgia-/nnLwC/

Georgia Tech has a dead heat at B-back. Patrick Skov and Marcus Marshall share the top line of the depth chart at the position, coach Paul Johnson said Monday after practice.

The two have overtaken Marcus Allen, who began the preseason as the No. 1 but is now on the second string. Skov, a graduate transfer from Stanford, impressed coaches with a strong scrimmage on Saturday after Marshall, a first-year freshman, had played well in the first scrimmage.

“We’ll sort it out,” Johnson said. “We’ve still got 2 ½ weeks (before the season opener), but they’re both going to play. In fact, all three of them will probably play.”

Georgia Tech B-back Marcus Marshall has moved past Marcus Allen on the depth chart and is sharing the first string with graduate transfer Patrick Skov. (GT Athletics/DANNY KARNIK)
Tech opens the season Sept. 3 against Alcorn State. Monday’s practice was the first of the preseason dedicated to preparing for the first game.

In the scrimmage on Saturday, Skov played with “good energy,” quarterbacks and B-backs coach Bryan Cook said. Unofficially, he ran eight times for 86 yards with two touchdowns and also caught a 24-yard pass. With strong play from the offensive line – Cook likened it to “the parting of the Red Sea”– Skov played with confidence and “kind of got in that zone a little bit Saturday.”

Marshall is on track to become the first first-year freshman to receive playing time at B-back in Johnson’s tenure.

Keith's little brother sounds like a baller.