Marcus Marshall Transferring

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Different situation. Vad was promised a modified offense for him (which we tried and mostly failed). That's why I don't really hold any ill will towards Vad. It was mutually best for both him and us for him to go somewhere where he could play in an offense he felt best suited him.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Different situation. Vad was promised a modified offense for him (which we tried and mostly failed). That's why I don't really hold any ill will towards Vad. It was mutually best for both him and us for him to go somewhere where he could play in an offense he felt best suited him.

He almost certainly wasn't promised a modified offense. He was told that we wanted to pass more than we had been, which by the way happened under JT back with our base offense. Nevertheless, CPJ did modify the offense. We were actually still more efficient, even when passing, when we ran from our base. So, we went back.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Said it in another thread, I hate seeing him go. He was a joy to watch in those last minutes in Athens with his refusal to go down. Hope it all works out for him. He could've taken it easy knowing he was going to transfer, but he drove through bulldogs. As far as the team without him I could see MLD moving to BB as the home run threat. Wasn't that the position he was recruited for?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Well this sucks. My selfish reasoning is just pissed off because he made us better, but when I stop and think about it, I think he's seriously going to regret this decision later in life. I'm not sure he has the size to play RB in the NFL (given his skillset). That GT education really would have paid off down the road if that ends up being the case.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate to see it, too. Was hoping between him and Mills they would be a tandem like Days and Laskey. If he decided to transfer a couple weeks ago, he sure wasn't sour grapes, as his performance against Georgia showed a lot of heart. Maybe he has other professional options and wants to go into a different field of study. But as for touches, he was guaranteed to get more after his performance at the end of this year.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
We have options here. As long as Mills stays out of trouble, we will be fine. We still have Quaide, who we really haven't seen get extended time yet and I believe could be pretty good. We can also move MLD back to BB, or Kirvonte Benson.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was sure hoping this was one of those silly rumours which get passed around. But he has his reasons and he probably knows what he is doing.

What do we know about Benson?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don't want to be "that guy" right now, but the other rumor was a freshmen QB was also leaving.

Hope it's not LJ. Hope it's not LJ. Hope it's not LJ...

Sigh. Gotta love GT offseasons. We have depth there though so it'd hurt but I think we can manage.

Anyways, on BB, I agree with those that say we have .. options. I wanna see MLD back at B. Plus we have Benson and Quaide. Qu looks like he can contribute in that Laskey role. I hope one of them is a HR threat though. I'd certainly settle for a Days/Laskey-like tandem. Bruising.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
This is unreal. Marshall Dawg family getting in his ear. Its amazing Keith stuck around at UGA the entire time, but Marcus is out after leading our team in rushing two consecutive years.

I've said it elsewhere, but this is a horrible trend under CPJ. Too many starters and contributors are leaving the team year over year.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wish MM well and appreciate his efforts. From what I was told last week is that he made up his mind early in the season then was second guessing with his increase in play. At the end of the day I think he is homesick and probably ends up at JMU. I hate that has already left the team and quit before the bowl game.I have heard good things about Benson. Maybe this is his chance for a breakthrough into the rotation. Lets also hope Mills can get it together and stay on the team.

LloydC

Georgia Tech Fan
Does this affect the projected position of Jordan-Swilling? I know it was stated that he was coming in at LB but this certainly puts a new spin on things (especially with Mills one hiccup away from being done).

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Obvious that his mind was made up earlier this season. Kudos to MM for sticking it out and helping GT to 8 wins in the regular season.

You know, at the very least he kept playing hard through the last few games of his Tech career, he never "mailed it in" knowing he was leaving. I'll always remember that run on our last drive where he trucked one of the UGA defenders...that helped set the tone that we weren't gonna be denied.