March Madness Group

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Main thing I'm learning from watching the tournament ... shooting, shooting, shooting ... we gots to get it. Put a freaking premium on it.
I have not done any research on this, but it appears several of the teams still in the tournament have multiple 80% FT shooters Do we have any?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Main thing I'm learning from watching the tournament ... shooting, shooting, shooting ... we gots to get it. Put a freaking premium on it.
I was looking at this the other day. I think less than 5 games have been won by the team that shot worse from 3 point range.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Several one & dones ended their season this weekend:

KU forward Josh Jackson
UK trio of Monk, Fox and Adebayo
AZ center Lauri Markkanen

Are there others?

jeffgt14

Lots of old guys left in the tournament. Just running through the top scorers for each team:
Zags: Jr, Sr, Sr, Jr, Fr, So, Jr
USCe: Sr, So, Sr, So, Fr, Fr, Sr
UNC: Jr, Jr, Sr, Sr, Fr, So, Jr
Oregon: Jr, So, Jr, Sr, Fr, Jr (Skipped Bouchar who’s a Senior but out)

Teams relying on young guys ended up falling short. Duke’s entire team. Josh Jackson went missing against Oregon. Fox has played great for Kentucky but Monk has been somewhat of a joke the whole tournament.

jeffgt14

As bad as my bracket was, at least Peacone’s was worse and I at the very least tied with kg01 with potential to move ahead. I’m pretty certain Peacone has officially lost the avatar bet.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Oh yeah my bracket was used as kindling after the first 3 days.

The GF got 3/4 of the FF correct.....Safe to say the avatar bet is a cakewalk compared to what I've been enduring.