L'Ville

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Unless things have changed you can’t block the runner’s path to the base unless you possess the ball.
Yeah, the third base ump blew that one. And these artificial infields are freaking stupid. We don't play on them much so it's hard for us to judge our slides. I remember the Ohio St two game series a few years ago, they had that astrodirt and we were sliding all over the place and over sliding the bag. That crap should be outlawed.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am feeling greedy as well. 6-3 sounds SO much better than 5-4. Plus, the team’s confidence needs to be repaired after some of the early season troubles and a sweep would do wonders for that!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's the gif of Baron's homerun. This is the last known sighting of that baseball.

Exit velocity of 120 mph? Should be calculable if you know how far and high it went. Unfortunately, it disintegrated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

To the Sports Writer who predicted 9-21 in ACC play...I highly doubt a 4-18 finish. So why don’t you go suck an egg.

It was Warren Nolan site. And it is a blind algorithm (sic) extrapolating from last year's performance and how we played the first two weeks. They now predict us to go 16-14 with an end of year RPI of 43.

Poor L'Ville is now 30 RPI and we are 33 RPI live. These road wins are MASSIVE for RPI and attention.

Aaron Fitt at D1 Baseball had us as a surprise team to go to Omaha; if we could learn how to win. We certainly have enough quality opponents to control our own destiny. Just need to win consistently.

It's not like we are a Big West conference team that needs the wins since the RPI isn't there. BTW, the ACC is now the fourth conference in RPI behind the SEC, Pac-12 and Big **.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, the third base ump blew that one. And these artificial infields are freaking stupid. We don't play on them much so it's hard for us to judge our slides. I remember the Ohio St two game series a few years ago, they had that astrodirt and we were sliding all over the place and over sliding the bag. That crap should be outlawed.

Amen. It’s embarrassing. Remember sitting in the stands watching us lose a series at Maryland b/c our infield couldn’t read hops off the turf. And we seem to lose @Pitt a lot more than we should too. Bush league stuff.

I’d like to see the NCAA have a rule that you can’t host a regional unless it’s a grass field.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
What are the rules on blocking the plate at 3rd? 3B has his whole leg blocking the plate. Forced Waddell to slide around him and he couldn’t even get his hand to the bag because it got caught on the guys leg. Beat the throw by 2 steps and still gets called out.

If he decides he’s gonna slide feet first there that 3B isn’t playing any more baseball this year.
He did slide feet first.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Yup 3 assists, one each by Waddell, English (P) and Austin. They hit it to the right people, thank you!(y)

But it was X who was ridiculous. 14 FO and only 1 GO. I heard what @CINCYMETJACKET said about the park and wind. At the Rusty C would some of those FO be HRs with a tail wind?

Regardless, right pitcher in right place at the right time. Just fabulous. He averaged 14 pitches an inning which is much better (I think) than any other start to date this year. I can remember several games where he was in mid-20s in the first inning. Staying away from mid-relief is what the doctor ordered.

As your Charlie Brown representative:devil:, let me remind you that just because you were able to kick the ball once, it doesn't mean you'll be able to next time. L'Ville has given up 2, 4, 1, 4 and 1 run on their Saturday games. And Connor is a ground ball pitcher.:nailbiting: We have a challenge but ......

please let us win one more and become relevant again!

Listened to today's WREK broadcast after the game (yes, sadly I listen to the broadcasts after games that I've attended, especially if Wiley is on the mic, to get the complete picture that is not always apparent when you're at the game), and Nick Scherer made the comment pre-game that Friday night may have been a 7-5 game if it was in Atlanta. Regardless, X pitched a great game and so did Connor today. Looking forward to Hurter tomorrow. Hope we've learned how to slide on wet artificial turf over the last few years. And if you haven't heard them, listen to Wiley and Nick call Baron's 2 home runs so far this series!

Deleted member 2897

Be greedy - win again!

giphy.gif

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Something that I noticed early on about Baron this season was his OBP compared to his BA. Does he SO to much? Maybe. But he walks a lot also. With the last weeks power surge his SLG% has climbed over .500. When Murray returns how in the world do you bench a guy with an OBPS of over 1. Leaving Murray out of the lineup isn't an option to me based on his past play. How does this play out? Nice problem to have I'd think, but having a hard time coming up with the best way to use the best of what we have going forward. Anybody got an ideal of the best use of players going forward? Hell I've drank the better part of a case of Blue Moon this afternoon, and this is where my mind took me. I know I shouldn't post when I've been partying the evening away, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Oh, and if the mods, or whoever feels this post is in the wrong place just move it elsewhere. Or delete it altogether. Hell when I check this place tomorrow I may not remember posting this anyway. Man I love winning, and good friends to share the feeling with.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Something that I noticed early on about Baron this season was his OBP compared to his BA. Does he SO to much? Maybe. But he walks a lot also. With the last weeks power surge his SLG% has climbed over .500. When Murray returns how in the world do you bench a guy with an OBPS of over 1. Leaving Murray out of the lineup isn't an option to me based on his past play. How does this play out? Nice problem to have I'd think, but having a hard time coming up with the best way to use the best of what we have going forward. Anybody got an ideal of the best use of players going forward? Hell I've drank the better part of a case of Blue Moon this afternoon, and this is where my mind took me. I know I shouldn't post when I've been partying the evening away, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Oh, and if the mods, or whoever feels this post is in the wrong place just move it elsewhere. Or delete it altogether. Hell when I check this place tomorrow I may not remember posting this anyway. Man I love winning, and good friends to share the feeling with.
Yep. Good problem to have. Currently, Murray is the 4th outfielder (statistically) in 2019. If you want to give credit for 2018 & say he's simply not 4th, then here's my take...
Nick Wilhite plays in CF. His defense is stellar & BONUS his BA & OBP are good too.
Radcliff has to stay in lineup. His OBP is just too high.
Leaves LF available for Murray & Hall. Too bad they both bat lefty... or you could maybe play matchups.
I gotta say... I'd keep Murray out of lineup until he is 100%. & after that, he may still need Hall or Radcliff to backslide some.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Replying to your post after having 6 bourbons in the wake of attending Tech's series clinching victory in Bourbon country! So I probably won't remember posting this either...

If I'm not mistaken, Wiley (or Nick) noted, perhaps on tonight's broadcast, that Baron had 44 K's in 89 AB's last year (seems high, but that's what I had written down). So his K totals this year are certainly NOT too much. From what I have seen and heard, he has done a much better job of recognizing pitches and making sure that he gets a pitch that he can do something with. And the results this weekend are very promising. I'm especially impressed with his hits this weekend that have not been home runs (although I am impressed with those as well...)

From what I heard on the WREK broadcast, Chase may be targeting the BC series to return. At that point, we'll see what happens. As a fan living in Cincinnati, was disappointed that Chase was hurt this weekend for Louisville. Luke Waddell (also from Cincinnati) had a large contingent of fans in attendance. Chase may have had a similar contingent if he were healthy.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Good problem to have. Currently, Murray is the 4th outfielder (statistically) in 2019. If you want to give credit for 2018 & say he's simply not 4th, then here's my take...
Nick Wilhite plays in CF. His defense is stellar & BONUS his BA & OBP are good too.
Radcliff has to stay in lineup. His OBP is just too high.
Leaves LF available for Murray & Hall. Too bad they both bat lefty... or you could maybe play matchups.
I gotta say... I'd keep Murray out of lineup until he is 100%. & after that, he may still need Hall or Radcliff to backslide some.
Can any of those guys play 3rd base? Just askin’.....

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Coach just has to keep platooning Murray and Radcliff. Theres no reason why Baron shouldn't start. Hes just a stud. Period. He can change the game with his bat or glove.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Coach just has to keep platooning Murray and Radcliff. Theres no reason why Baron shouldn't start. Hes just a stud. Period. He can change the game with his bat or glove.
He shares the credit for these last two wins.....with the starting pitchers, of course.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Win and the attention will come. D1 Baseball digest title is about GT. RPI is important, but rep is also needed to get better seeding. And nothing like a series win on the road. Now we want L"ville to crush everyone in their path, not fold like whiny Miami is doing.

And here are The Baron's HR the last two days; crushing.