L'Ville

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I ranted a little about it in another thread. But until my "feelings" (no facts to back it up) pass, I need to mention it here. The team needs to develop/show some killer instinct. You cannot look at Sat/Sun (after a huge Fri road win) as a chance to win one of 2 to win the series. That is a loser mentality & results in unnecessary losses. The PLAN has to be sweep right now. Underachieving teams are underachievers because they settle & rest & figure they're bound to get at least 1 (Sat or Sun).

Then (let's say) you get down, but not out, a little early on Sat. Then you rationalize this game isn't as important as Sun & you just don't motivate yourself to fight back & you lose on Sat. That just gives the hometeam some life. I think our best chance to win Sun.... is to win today!

Rant over... until I need to do it again.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I ranted a little about it in another thread. But until my "feelings" (no facts to back it up) pass, I need to mention it here. The team needs to develop/show some killer instinct. You cannot look at Sat/Sun (after a huge Fri road win) as a chance to win one of 2 to win the series. That is a loser mentality & results in unnecessary losses. The PLAN has to be sweep right now. Underachieving teams are underachievers because they settle & rest & figure they're bound to get at least 1 (Sat or Sun).

Then (let's say) you get down, but not out, a little early on Sat. Then you rationalize this game isn't as important as Sun & you just don't motivate yourself to fight back & you lose on Sat. That just gives the hometeam some life. I think our best chance to win Sun.... is to win today!

Your electronic lips to God's ears.....

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer

Completely agree that the players need this mindset and it’s the coaches job to instill that mindset. As a fan, I’ve always had this mindset because I’m so competitive, but I find myself trying to convince myself to not have this mindset. I’ve spent too many years getting my hopes up expecting a certain outcome because of our talent, only to spend the rest of the day pissed because we fall short. Sweeping NW for instance. I expected a sweep, we should’ve had a sweep, but we blew it and I was pissed the rest of the day thinking about how we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Threatening to blow the game open here. Runners on the corners with nobody out T8. English, Hall, and Radcliffe due up.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
What are the rules on blocking the plate at 3rd? 3B has his whole leg blocking the plate. Forced Waddell to slide around him and he couldn’t even get his hand to the bag because it got caught on the guys leg. Beat the throw by 2 steps and still gets called out.

If he decides he’s gonna slide feet first there that 3B isn’t playing any more baseball this year.