L'Ville

THWG

Helluva Engineer
If we win this series, I agree. One of the best things tonight was no errors. Just have to stay consistent.

Connor may be inspired by X like last year. X came into the game with a 3.95 era against inferior teams. How much better he pitched tonight than earlier in the year can't be overstated.

As I noted, the weakest Lville pitcher so far this year starts on Sunday.
X has really had one bad start this year though that has killed his ERA. It was also a game that we should have won (last Friday) and couldn't close out for him.

Deleted member 2897

HOT DAMN BITCHES!

giphy.gif

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Hats off to X & our hitters for grinding it out. After the faux double play in the seventh I had that same old feeling. Before they overturned it told SWMBO “only Tech could screw that situation up”.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
X has really had one bad start this year though that has killed his ERA. It was also a game that we should have won (last Friday) and couldn't close out for him.

OK, I'll say it now. I was going to post before the game that X has been hit hard all year. His problem was that he couldn't put batters away and the pitch count ran up so he had to leave in the 5th or 6th. His ERA wasn't that bad at 3.95, but he gave up the long ball and a lot of warning track outs. That didn't happen through 8 innings tonight. He gave up a double and L'Ville did a masterful job of two sacs to get the run.

The Baron is massive. At the plate he crushed that ball for the insurance run. I was thinking he wasn't that big, then saw him with the rest of the team and he's The Hulk.

Oh yeah, L'Ville dropped to 20th in RPI after the loss and we are at 44th.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Amazing pitching, defense, and persistence at the plate tonight.

And yet....

All I can think about is Baron's home run. I hope they post video of it soon. It was almost an MLB-type home run, like a professional home run where the second he swings the bat you know its headed for the upper deck. Like when Aaron Judge turns on one and you just know. Baron has so much power and the fact that he is improving so much this season is maybe one of the most exciting storylines to come. Just ridiculous power.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Amazing pitching, defense, and persistence at the plate tonight.

And yet....

All I can think about is Baron's home run. I hope they post video of it soon. It was almost an MLB-type home run, like a professional home run where the second he swings the bat you know its headed for the upper deck. Like when Aaron Judge turns on one and you just know. Baron has so much power and the fact that he is improving so much this season is maybe one of the most exciting storylines to come. Just ridiculous power.

At one point during the recruiting cycle, he was our highest rated player on the football team (he was a 4-star football recruit, LOL). He is a big boy. Strikes out a lot, but if he hits it square...just damn.

Deleted member 2897

I feel bad for Louisville, their starting pitcher was on fire.

I feel bad similar to when I found a mama rat in my garage who had just had a litter of baby rats. I paused for a second, then kept my foot on her throat anyway. Let’s win again tomorrow.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
At one point during the recruiting cycle, he was our highest rated player on the football team (he was a 4-star football recruit, LOL). He is a big boy. Strikes out a lot, but if he hits it square...just damn.
Yeah I watched some of his HS film, he was a great QB and actually would've been a great 3O QB.

Cant blame him for picking baseball though. 1000x easier on the body than football and probably easier to go pro. If he keeps developing these next two years I'm sure he will get drafted pretty high. Tremendous upside and freak athlete status

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
OK, I'll say it now. I was going to post before the game that X has been hit hard all year. His problem was that he couldn't put batters away and the pitch count ran up so he had to leave in the 5th or 6th. His ERA wasn't that bad at 3.95, but he gave up the long ball and a lot of warning track outs. That didn't happen through 8 innings tonight. He gave up a double and L'Ville did a masterful job of two sacs to get the run.

The Baron is massive. At the plate he crushed that ball for the insurance run. I was thinking he wasn't that big, then saw him with the rest of the team and he's The Hulk.

Oh yeah, L'Ville dropped to 20th in RPI after the loss and we are at 44th.

I was at the game, and there seemed to be a lot of balls hit high and deep off X. The wind seemed to be blowing pretty good from left to right as well. Fortunately, Louisville's ballpark plays pretty big. And the hit X gave up in the first looked like a flare the other way that I though Colin may get to, but landed inside the line. A good throw to second may have had him.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win! Xza was AWESOME tonight. Went toe to toe with one of the best! I am also happy with Hall letting him come out for the 8th despite being at 99 on the pitch count. You never know what Hall is gonna do with the pitching staff. He took out a dominating Brant Hurter because he was at 90 pitches a few weeks ago against Northwestern. As long as he keeps Keyton Gibson out of there we may be ok.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win! Xza was AWESOME tonight. Went toe to toe with one of the best! I am also happy with Hall letting him come out for the 8th despite being at 99 on the pitch count. You never know what Hall is gonna do with the pitching staff. He took out a dominating Brant Hurter because he was at 90 pitches a few weeks ago against Northwestern. As long as he keeps Keyton Gibson out of there we may be ok.
I was about to post the same thing. I was very optimistic after 6 when xza had 76 pitches, but after the 7th at 100 I thought he would get yanked. Glad Danny stuck with him for one more. He proved it to be a good decision, and also that was huge for him to get deep in a game.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I will call tonight's win, "The Thrilla in Louisvilla!" I hope we can build some momentum from this one and take two. It's time to elevate our play because the schedule gets pretty brutal. I think we just might this year. I like our midweek guys too, especially Amos.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
I was at the game, and there seemed to be a lot of balls hit high and deep off X. The wind seemed to be blowing pretty good from left to right as well. Fortunately, Louisville's ballpark plays pretty big. And the hit X gave up in the first looked like a flare the other way that I though Colin may get to, but landed inside the line. A good throw to second may have had him.
Sounds like the perfect ballpark for a strikeout/flyball pitcher, and it played out that way tonight. Box score only shows 3 assist. Proud of the team, and X's performance tonight!! Was hoping for one, but now I'm feeling a little greedy. Lets take two!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounds like the perfect ballpark for a strikeout/flyball pitcher, and it played out that way tonight. Box score only shows 3 assist. Proud of the team, and X's performance tonight!! Was hoping for one, but now I'm feeling a little greedy. Lets take two!!!

Yup 3 assists, one each by Waddell, English (P) and Austin. They hit it to the right people, thank you!(y)

But it was X who was ridiculous. 14 FO and only 1 GO. I heard what @CINCYMETJACKET said about the park and wind. At the Rusty C would some of those FO be HRs with a tail wind?

Regardless, right pitcher in right place at the right time. Just fabulous. He averaged 14 pitches an inning which is much better (I think) than any other start to date this year. I can remember several games where he was in mid-20s in the first inning. Staying away from mid-relief is what the doctor ordered.

As your Charlie Brown representative:devil:, let me remind you that just because you were able to kick the ball once, it doesn't mean you'll be able to next time. L'Ville has given up 2, 4, 1, 4 and 1 run on their Saturday games. And Connor is a ground ball pitcher.:nailbiting: We have a challenge but ......

please let us win one more and become relevant again!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's how good the L'Ville pitcher is, from D1:

"Another week, another superb outing from Louisville ace lefthander Reid Detmers, who broke Brendan McKay’s Patterson Stadium record with 16 strikeouts Friday against Georgia Tech — but lost. Xzavion Curry (8 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 9 K) went toe to toe with Detmers, .........

It’s a big win for Georgia Tech, which earned its first-ever win against Louisville in ACC play (the Cards swept the first two conference series between the teams, in 2015 and 2017). Tech climbed above .500 in the ACC at 4-3.

Detmers, by the way, now has 66 strikeouts and eight walks in 41.1 innings this year, along with a 0.87 ERA. But he took a very tough-luck loss on this night. Credit Curry and the Yellow Jackets for coming up big on the road against a marquee opponent."