Louisville Post Game

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see the film before I buy their narrative on this. Often with really big people - and this guy certainly meets the criteria - a double team ends up being a chop block. This is almost certainly unintentional, but that's beside the point.

Does anyone out there have the film?
On most plays he was grabbing the center while being blocked by the guard. On the play Lee was going to the second level and he grabbed him with his right arm and the cut come to left. He held onto Lee, which spun him around. I don’t know why the ref don’t call defensive holding, but it is a bad technique to coach a player.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
On most plays he was grabbing the center while being blocked by the guard. On the play Lee was going to the second level and he grabbed him with his right arm and the cut come to left. He held onto Lee, which spun him around. I don’t know why the ref don’t call defensive holding, but it is a bad technique to coach a player.
And if they had called the chop block on that play you would’ve seen CPJ go ballistic.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are getting way better at showing our arms as we go by the holding d line men.
They should call this.
Several times I see the center struggle to get through to lb. He is late and has to dive at him ( cut) very close to plus 5 yds.

If he gets thru we have a better c bg ance of legal downfield grab blocking for bb.

Wonder if we are sending in documentation - I know coach sees this.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

OFFENSIVE GUARD
Parker Braun, Georgia Tech
Week 5 Grade: 81.6

You can’t pave the way for a team who scores 66 points and attempts just two passes and not have a member of the offensive line. With Braun anchoring the way, the Georgia Tech offense ran for eight touchdowns and 542 rushing yards, 277 of which came before contact.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We have beat everyone we have played. I mean you can say Alabama has no quality wins either.

But I dont want to post too much stuff about my team on your board.

I do like what I saw from you guys. Defense seemed to set the tone that game. If yall play like that, you might have a good streak going into the uga game

Hah don’t let our NegativeNancy squad throw too much shade at you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have beat everyone we have played. I mean you can say Alabama has no quality wins either.

But I dont want to post too much stuff about my team on your board.

I do like what I saw from you guys. Defense seemed to set the tone that game. If yall play like that, you might have a good streak going into the uga game

You play two 1 win teams in the next two games too. That schedule is nothing short of embarrassing.

slugboy

Staff member
If we’d beaten Pitt, we’d have a little more room to talk smack.
USF is pretty close to top 25 right now, legitimately. Hopefully we square away defense and special teams before we meet again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand your sentiments, but I remember when our famed pro style offense barely squeaked by Gardner Webb.

I get a kick out some of the short memories in posts. We played Gardner Webb with Johnson at the helm running the Flexbone Spread Option offense, not Gailey running a pro set. If you get a chance go back and look up some pre contest articles from that week. Gardner Webb had one of the most stout run defenses in 1-AA (FCS). Also our #1 & #2 QBs were out (Nesbitt & Shaw) and RS-Senior Calvin Booker was under center. He was recruited as a passer for Gailey's offense but stayed to get his degree when Johnson came on board.