Louisville Post Game

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I saw them whining about this on their forums. I assumed it was the usual "nose grabbing the center who was trying to get to their LBs" situation. I was right. Look at the video review. It's about 3 min into the 3rd quarter. Exceptionally poor/dangerous coaching.

They coach that?!?! If that’s true, that is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Okay so this might kill off all the goodwill you guys have been showing me but I think friendships shouldn't be built on lies lol. I have not yet been to "THE" Varsity. I have been to the Dawsonville location while working over there.
Although, I have been to the campus a few times as my Fraternity chapter would go to the GT chapter every year but that was a decade ago and usually involved too much alcohol for my memory. I am excited to see it during the day and not hammered lol.
Trying to get a college buddy that lives in Smyrna to go with me too
I think the food at the varsity is so awful. Don't understand why anyone would eat there.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I saw them whining about this on their forums. I assumed it was the usual "nose grabbing the center who was trying to get to their LBs" situation. I was right. Look at the video review. It's about 3 min into the 3rd quarter. Exceptionally poor/dangerous coaching.

What is even worse is he was not wearing a knee brace. I dont know why anyone in the trenches would not wear one.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
@RamblinWreck92 is trying to change the narrative into one in which somehow "everyone agrees" that LOLvl is a Pwr5 cupcake that we should have been expected to dominate. According to the prediction poll, only 15.4% predicted GT to win by more than 14. On the other hand, 31.7% predicted GT to lose and 57.7% predicted GT to lose or to win by less than 7. While it may be true that LOLvl is not a great team, and certainly not a great D, it is not true that this was somehow an agreed upon opinion before the game.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was one of the few that predicted a possible blowout, but even so, I think it speaks as much to our offensive prowess as it does to ULs defensive ineptitude. After all, we've roven a couple of times this year that we are fully capable of beating ourselves...

ULs OL is garbage. I think our D gets enough pressure to force a few turnovers and a couple of sacks, but loses contain a few times for big UL gains. I don't think their D stops us at all. If we can limit our own turnovers, we should win this one going away.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree wholeheartedly. I was one of the few that predicted a possible blowout, but even so, I think it speaks as much to our offensive prowess as it does to ULs defensive ineptitude. After all, we've roven a couple of times this year that we are fully capable of beating ourselves...
irc, we were still at least a Dishonorable Mention in Bottom Ten polls going into the Louisville game, and we are now well clear of that assessment.....for now....

WearGoldToGameDays

Georgia Tech Fan
Couldn’t help but notice how beautiful and unified a gold clad GT crowd was! Of course it helped that it was a great game to go to. Louisville fans started leaving in the 1st quarter after just a little bit of rain.

Non Color notes - Louisville had a ton of corporate sponsors even besides papa johns. I noticed Marriott, Planet Fitness, Bud Light, PNC, Kroger and many more branded areas/lounges. Wish Tech would follow suit.

Anyways, just killing time at the airport. Flying to Atlanta now to cheer on the jackets on Saturday! (In gold of course)

Attachments

• A56DD2C4-D32C-4F53-BF42-61535114DAB7.jpeg
    A56DD2C4-D32C-4F53-BF42-61535114DAB7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Your dad obviously didn’t raise you right. :p

I think it does take a lot of exposure from an early age to develop a stomach capable of handling all the grease. The proper beverage choices help too :)
The Varsity just made me miss real Coney style chili dogs. I never found there to be anything inherently wrong with the place. Just didn't blow me away.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
The Varsity just made me miss real Coney style chili dogs. I never found there to be anything inherently wrong with the place. Just didn't blow me away.

The place turns out more food in a single location than anywhere else I know of. If you went in expecting to be “blown away” by quality, you went in with the wrong expectation.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
V runs on study nights was a tradition my freshman year when living at Glenn. That was where we went to watch TV and take a break. That grease sorta gets in your blood from then on.--no pun intended.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
The place turns out more food in a single location than anywhere else I know of. If you went in expecting to be “blown away” by quality, you went in with the wrong expectation.
Didn't like it as a kid, definitely don't like it as an adult.