Louisville Post Game

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
That is correct. USF fan in Woodstock. I have always enjoyed watching Georgia Tech though. I am actually thinking about getting tickets for your game this Saturday. We play Tulsa on Friday this week so I wouldn't miss my Bulls. What is the best way to get tickets for GT games?
QUOTE]

I always buy from scalpers outside the campus either on 5th Street bridge, or on North Ave between the Varsity and Techwood. They're there. And if you're on campus on Bobby Dodd Way, you'll see other fans selling. One time I got the Miami game for free bc a family had too many tickets. Do yourself a favor and print out Bobby Dodd stadium seat chart. The scalpers usually say that their ticket is located in the beat spot and I prove them wrong and also use it as a negotiation tool. 100s seats are first level. You want to avoid 127 to 131 corner as that's the away section (same goes for 200s seats up on second level). If you want to stand the whole game with young alums, go for 122-124, if you want to sit along with all the old farts like me, get 101-111 (which also is west so sun is not on your face - good)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
1) Really liked the Uni's, I typically don't like the pointed stripe, but the helmets looked good.
2) Whatever woke-up the OL, hope it continue's.
3) Oliver definitely has "the quicks".
4) With a big lead in the 4thQ, I wish we could have used the opportunity for in-game reps with a few pass attempts ... obviously we didn't need it on Friday, but will need it very soon.
5) Did I have too many CC & Coke's or did I see a smile on CPJ's face ... (sic)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1) Really liked the Uni's, I typically don't like the pointed stripe, but the helmets looked good.
2) Whatever woke-up the OL, hope it continue's.
3) Oliver definitely has "the quicks".
4) With a big lead in the 4thQ, I wish we could have used the opportunity for in-game reps with a few pass attempts ... obviously we didn't need it on Friday, but will need it very soon.
5) Did I have too many CC & Coke's or did I see a smile on CPJ's face ... (sic)
Not only a smile but he also laughed! The horror!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Not only a smile but he also laughed! The horror!
CPJ mad
460x.jpg

CPJ thinking
upload_2018-10-8_10-49-13.jpeg

CPJ happy
Paul-Johnson.jpg

CPJ when someone talks about his offense
th

CPJ when the game is not a noon time game

th

@RamblinWreck92 is trying to change the narrative into one in which somehow "everyone agrees" that LOLvl is a Pwr5 cupcake that we should have been expected to dominate. According to the prediction poll, only 15.4% predicted GT to win by more than 14. On the other hand, 31.7% predicted GT to lose and 57.7% predicted GT to lose or to win by less than 7. While it may be true that LOLvl is not a great team, and certainly not a great D, it is not true that this was somehow an agreed upon opinion before the game.

I was in that 15%. On another site, I'm literally the only member who has correctly picked the outcome of every GT game so far, including a prediction of a Loserville blowout. Loserville is terrible and I'm not surprised we destroyed them. Anyone who is paying any attention to college football knows Loservile was #80 in the country before we played 'em and is now #96. Thus my lack of excitement that the same TQM QB Keepers that Clemson stuffed just 2 weeks ago finally worked against the last 2 cupcakes we played. It's better than them not working but I'm not going to run out and make hotel reservations in Charlotte just yet.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/129

No "changing of narratives" (LMAO) is being attempted. The only ones changing the narrative are the ones who think that we're suddenly ACC-CG contenders now, after beating the #96 and #125 teams in the country.

Let's take care of Duke first. Not sure why a bit of trepidation here is frowned upon, esp. given our recent history.

I was in that 15%. On another site, I'm literally the only member who has correctly picked the outcome of every GT game so far, including a prediction of a Loserville blowout. Loserville is terrible and I'm not surprised we destroyed them. Anyone who is paying any attention to college football knows Loservile was #80 in the country before we played 'em and is now #96. Thus my lack of excitement that the same TQM QB Keepers that Clemson stuffed just 2 weeks ago finally worked against the last 2 cupcakes we played. It's better than them not working but I'm not going to run out and make hotel reservations in Charlotte just yet.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/129

No "changing of narratives" (LMAO) is being attempted. The only ones changing the narrative are the ones who think that we're suddenly ACC-CG contenders now, after beating the #96 and #125 teams in the country.

Let's take care of Duke first. Not sure why a bit of trepidation here is frowned upon, esp. given our recent history.
The sad thing IMO is that at times the O was actually effective against Clemson, especially in our first possession. But then we started putting the ball on the ground (8 times) and jumping before the snap (3 times), and that was it. Would we have beat them if not for those UNFORCED errors? No, but we would have made a more representative showing than we did.

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
I would just show up at the stadium. Wear a yellow/gold shirt (shade isn't important despite what you read here). Avoid the "pros" who are scalping for a profit. You can usually get tickets for dirt cheap at BDS, even lower than any online price advertised. This would include the Duke game even though it is homecoming.

I think I'll just get a GT shirt and wear my Braves hat.

I also live in woodstock remember they are still paving on l-75 plan to leave a little early. If you need any information pm me. We have a lot of,people coming from Cherokee County.

Thanks for the advice. Noon games really screw up my pregame drinking. This might be the 1st game I am stone cold sober at since I was like 18 lol

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The coach bashers are trying to minimize anything positive that happens. Taquan had a phenomenal game but that has to have an asterisk because of who we played. Coach did a ****ty job play calling because he didn’t throw the ball all over the yard in the second half. If you know who has an agenda you take it all with a grain of salt.

**Totally random question, but do you know how to increase font size on this forum? At night my old *** eyes (51) can’t hardly read the little type on my phone.

I’m glad to see @dressedcheeseside and @AE 87 talking civilly again :p

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Thank you! I just found some fairly priced on Seatgeek, as well.
I am excited to see the stadium.

From Woodstock I would suggest you leave around 9AM, park, and walk to the Varsity. The crowd there will get full around 11AM so try to be there around 10:50ish. Take your time to eat and then you can get in the stadium in time (about 11:30) to see the warmups, watch the crowd come in, and see the backups and walkons along with the players you usually see on TV. Leaving after 9AM can work but road work on I-75 is a crap shoot on Saturday. Another option is to come earlier and skip the Varsity and take in the campus Homecoming festivities.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
From Woodstock I would suggest you leave around 9AM, park, and walk to the Varsity. The crowd there will get full around 11AM so try to be there around 10:50ish. Take your time to eat and then you can get in the stadium in time (about 11:30) to see the warmups, watch the crowd come in, and see the backups and walkons along with the players you usually see on TV. Leaving after 9AM can work but road work on I-75 is a crap shoot on Saturday. Another option is to come earlier and skip the Varsity and take in the campus Homecoming festivities.

Robo, you may want to skip the Varsity pregame if you show up close to game time. I spent an hour waiting in line there the Saturday that Clemson was in town. Of course the crowd for Duke may not be quite as large even though it is Homecoming. Get there as early as you can to take in the 'Ramblin Wreck parade, Yellow Jacket alley and what not. Food wise, Britain Dining hall on the east side of BDS has decent food. I ate there as a freshman and a few times since when attending games. Save the Varsity for postgame and drink a Large Frosted Orange for me if the Yellow Jackets are victorious. (I have to work Saturday) Enjoy the game and we hope that you will come back often.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If we keep playing this clean on offense. We beat Duke, we beat VT, we beat uVa and we beat miami. i never predict uga

I mostly share your enthusiasm, but those teams all could have better offenses than Louisville, depending on the day. Our D has to step up its game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoboGoat

Georgia Tech Fan
Robo, you may want to skip the Varsity pregame if you show up close to game time. I spent an hour waiting in line there the Saturday that Clemson was in town. Of course the crowd for Duke may not be quite as large even though it is Homecoming. Get there as early as you can to take in the 'Ramblin Wreck parade, Yellow Jacket alley and what not. Food wise, Britain Dining hall on the east side of BDS has decent food. I ate there as a freshman and a few times since when attending games. Save the Varsity for postgame and drink a Large Frosted Orange for me if the Yellow Jackets are victorious. (I have to work Saturday) Enjoy the game and we hope that you will come back often.

Okay so this might kill off all the goodwill you guys have been showing me but I think friendships shouldn't be built on lies lol. I have not yet been to "THE" Varsity. I have been to the Dawsonville location while working over there.
Although, I have been to the campus a few times as my Fraternity chapter would go to the GT chapter every year but that was a decade ago and usually involved too much alcohol for my memory. I am excited to see it during the day and not hammered lol.
Trying to get a college buddy that lives in Smyrna to go with me too

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
On most plays he was grabbing the center while being blocked by the guard. On the play Lee was going to the second level and he grabbed him with his right arm and the cut come to left. He held onto Lee, which spun him around. I don’t know why the ref don’t call defensive holding, but it is a bad technique to coach a player.

I saw them whining about this on their forums. I assumed it was the usual "nose grabbing the center who was trying to get to their LBs" situation. I was right. Look at the video review. It's about 3 min into the 3rd quarter. Exceptionally poor/dangerous coaching.