Louisville at GT Easter Weekend

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why can't we have nice things?

Please... score now! Just please.

Because we aren't very good. L'Ville pitchers are throwing 68% stirkes going to B9. We are throwing 57%. They are throwing 81% first pitch stirkes. We are throwing 51%.

We make errors, they just did....... but not enough.

Too bad we don't get a higher draft pick when we are so bad.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That sucked. Very well played game all around until the 9th. This just really isn't our year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
How'd we lose it? Can't find Gametracker or anything else yet....did they earn the win or did we give it away?

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Now at 16-18 overall, 4-14 in the ACC. Assuming BC holds onto a 10 run lead, we are 0.5 games ahead of last place in the conference. 2 full games from 12th (required to get us in the tournament).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we'd like any of the 3 outs that we bunted away back.
2 of those got us runs and I have no complaints about those. I didn't agree with the decision to bunt Craport though. I know that he is reeling right now, but he is a tough out and the runner was on first.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Now at 16-18 overall, 4-14 in the ACC. Assuming BC holds onto a 10 run lead, we are 0.5 games ahead of last place in the conference. 2 full games from 12th (required to get us in the tournament).
At least we have the teams that are right in front of us in the standings left on the schedule. We control our own destiny which is a very scary thing.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
2 of those got us runs and I have no complaints about those. I didn't agree with the decision to bunt Craport though. I know that he is reeling right now, but he is a tough out and the runner was on first.

But the goal of baseball isn't to get runs. It's to get more runs than the other team.

Using the expected run tables I linked above, those three decisions cost us 0.73 expected runs.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
But the goal of baseball isn't to get runs. It's to get more runs than the other team.

Using the expected run tables I linked above, those three decisions cost us 0.73 expected runs.
I don't mean any disrespect by this, I'm just curious. Did you play baseball? You think about baseball like a statistician and not a player or a coach. Baseball is more of a game of feel than just strictly playing based on stats IMO. Again no offense or disrespect meant. I played travel baseball for 8 years and I know that when the team that I played on executed sac bunts (which we tried every game, my coach loved them) we played our best and usually won those games because we would get runners on, get them over, and get them in. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't mean any disrespect by this, I'm just curious. Did you play baseball? You think about baseball like a statistician and not a player or a coach. Baseball is more of a game of feel than just strictly playing based on stats IMO. Again no offense or disrespect meant. I played travel baseball for 8 years and I know that when the team that I played on executed sac bunts (which we tried every game, my coach loved them) we played our best and usually won those games because we would get runners on, get them over, and get them in. Just my two cents.

Feels like I just stepped in to the first reel of Moneyball.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't mean any disrespect by this, I'm just curios. Did you play baseball? You think about baseball like a statistician and not a player or a coach. Baseball is more of a game of feel than just strictly playing based on stats IMO. Again no offense or disrespect meant. I played travel baseball for 8 years and I know that when the team that I played on executed sac bunts (which was every game, my coach loved them) we played our best and usually won the games those games because we would get runners on, get them over, and get them in.

Let me ask you this: does it matter? If I've never played the lottery, and I tell you that it's a bad investment, am I wrong? Would you rather trust someone who plays the lottery and insists that the 'feeling' or the 'streak' is more important than the statistics?