Louisville at GT Easter Weekend

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

$3 Saturday if you follow GT Baseball
ffcbc4a74993af0bd6bada4eac30ebf1.jpg

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I guess at this point, I expect the worst this weekend. Hopefully, something "miraculous" will happen. ...see what I did there? :)
I'm still holding out hope that this team gets hot at the right time (odds are better to get struck by lightning, but it still could happen) and reels off about 20 straight. A leader has to step and the team has to get some chemistry and fire. I'm not expecting it, but it could happen.... maybe.... hopefully.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm not going Thursday or Friday, but if we win the first 2, I may go Saturday. I am beyond disgusted with this team. And I have attended 2 games each home stand up to now. I really miss having a team that fills the "dead season", and I miss not hosting regionals any more.

I think we all expect that under those circumstance,s your Saturday will remain free. I do expect to win one game though. Probably Shadday's start if we haven't screwed him up too badly.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I think we all expect that under those circumstance,s your Saturday will remain free. I do expect to win one game though. Probably Shadday's start if we haven't screwed him up too badly.
You forget that we have to score runs to win and we don't do that either.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Shadday has easily been our most consistent starter and he is turning into a stud. I hope that Howell doesn't screw him up too because he is going to be elite over the next two years.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Do we still consider Curry our best pitcher? Moving him to the second game might be conceding the first game, but increasing our chances of stealing a win in game 2?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Do we still consider Curry our best pitcher? Moving him to the second game might be conceding the first game, but increasing our chances of stealing a win in game 2?
I have no idea what played into the decision. With the weekend schedule being Thur, Fri, Sat... it does keep Curry and Shadday on their normal days...Fri and Sat, respectively. Perhaps as simple as that. It appears Louisville just kept their normal sequence of starters.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
First inning of game 1. We avoid getting scored on in the first inning despite an error, a walk, and a single thanks to a caught stealing and a throwout at home on a would-be sac fly.

We still have the strikeout bug - 2 of our 3 batters struck out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no idea what played into the decision. With the weekend schedule being Thur, Fri, Sat... it does keep Curry and Shadday on their normal days...Fri and Sat, respectively. Perhaps as simple as that. It appears Louisville just kept their normal sequence of starters.

Does the pitching rotation really matter in the likely outcome of the wins/losses this weekend?

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Double play ends it. 3-0 Louisville. Great pitching by Jake Lee. Even better pitching by Louisville.

16-16 on the season now, 4-12 in the ACC.