Louisville at GT Easter Weekend

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue that as a coach you need to realize the team you have and play to its strengths. Like having confidence in your hitters to get the runs in without giving themselves up whenever the chance presents itself. I think they've earned that confidence far more than our pitching staff has. Playing for one run when we all know you're going to need a lot more than that is just flat out tone deaf dumb. Reeks of being too dogmatic.
The offense has been struggling mightily lately though (other than last night). I don't think that we have hit a home run in the month of April (I can't remember one, but maybe we have). We also haven't had very many games where the guys have had more than 10 hits or 5 runs this month. Until they start doing this regularly again, I say to play small ball and try to generate offense and get the guys some confidence again. I don't think that people realize how much a good sac bunt can mentally help a struggling hitter.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd argue that as a coach you need to realize the team you have and play to its strengths. Like having confidence in your hitters to get the runs in without giving themselves up whenever the chance presents itself. I think they've earned that confidence far more than our pitching staff has. Playing for one run when we all know you're going to need a lot more than that is just flat out tone deaf dumb. Reeks of being too dogmatic.
The offense is definitely our strength though. I completely agree with you about that.