Louisville at GT Easter Weekend

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Hall said in his postgame that they are trying different things during BP so he sees the problem and they are trying something. I do agree with the bunts for big swingers that is one of the remedies that are suggested when you can't hit. The two errors didn't help.

Personally, I feel like this was one of the best games they have played in quite a while. If you were at the game you could see that the team was up, excited and in it. It's a shame that our bats didn't wake up in time but normally a first inning, first batter error like the one we had would be our downfall. I am not so upset with a 3-0 loss to the #2 team. Jake Lee was inspiring. But I don't think he is a starter right now though Ben may not be either. Frankly, Keyton Gibson showed why he should be considered again after his performance this past Tuesday. Let's see what we can do tonight.

I wouldn't start Hughes on Tuesday but I have a feeling they will come back with Lee as the starter.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Hall said in his postgame that they are trying different things during BP so he sees the problem and they are trying something. I do agree with the bunts for big swingers that is one of the remedies that are suggested when you can't hit. The two errors didn't help.

Personally, I feel like this was one of the best games they have played in quite a while. If you were at the game you could see that the team was up, excited and in it. It's a shame that our bats didn't wake up in time but normally a first inning, first batter error like the one we had would be our downfall. I am not so upset with a 3-0 loss to the #2 team. Jake Lee was inspiring. But I don't think he is a starter right now though Ben may not be either. Frankly, Keyton Gibson showed why he should be considered again after his performance this past Tuesday. Let's see what we can do tonight.

I wouldn't start Hughes on Tuesday but I have a feeling they will come back with Lee as the starter.
I'm glad that the team was showing some emotion and the coaches see what is wrong. There are still 20+ games left, so a turn around could happen (not expecting it though).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....... Personally, I feel like this was one of the best games they have played in quite a while. If you were at the game you could see that the team was up, excited and in it. It's a shame that our bats didn't wake up in time but normally a first inning, first batter error like the one we had would be our downfall. I am not so upset with a 3-0 loss to the #2 team. Jake Lee was inspiring. ........

Thanks for the opinion since I (and many others here) can't make the games. If the team hasn't given up, that is good. Very good. Maybe tonight is the start of something. There's nothing to do but hope right now.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
This is what d-hall has slowly caused the attendance to become over time. Playing #2 and the place is a ghost town. Sad.

Attachments

• C4F2631A-9F02-4274-8D07-0A7BEC54FE87-7477-000003B110908205.jpeg
    C4F2631A-9F02-4274-8D07-0A7BEC54FE87-7477-000003B110908205.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 21

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought that was the right move. It was a 0-0 game at the time and the offense has really struggled to score runs. The runner scored so I have no arguments with that decision.

The runner scored on a single that would've scored the run from 2nd anyway. There was also no risk of a double play.

With our pitching, I think it's always best that we don't give away outs at the plate.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The runner scored on a single that would've scored the run from 2nd anyway. There was also no risk of a double play.

With our pitching, I think it's always best that we don't give away outs at the plate.
How do you know that Puerifoy is going to hit that single though? Anytime you think that you can get the runner over, you take. Get the runner on, move him over, and get him in. JMO though.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's been hashed out plenty of times here, but the take-home message is this.

You lose 0.25 expected runs by bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd. And that assumes the bunt is successful.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's been hashed out plenty of times here, but the take-home message is this.

You lose 0.25 expected runs by bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd. And that assumes the bunt is successful.
Runs are just so hard to come by in baseball that I feel once you have the opportunity to move a guy over to third with less than 2 outs, then you take it. Again, JMO. I feel this way in pro games too. If there is a leadoff double, I want the next guy to bunt unless it's your 3rd-5th hitter or your team is just teeing off on a pitcher.