Locker Room Renovation Underway

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
1d3a0a552523e5a2f24a6381567e3b8e.jpg

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
3 years ago son coach and his assistant coaches re did their hs locker room during off season. Its a real poor rural area east of dallas and had never won at football.
First year great improvement. Second year first ever district championship . Third year another district championship and first playoff victory.

A little paint started team buy in. Then they out worked the other guys during summer. Walla - a football team that never quits. Also helps to have stud running back

Its great to see the improvements. Will payoff big time. Last year is gone

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is gonna probably sound lame, and might not have been feasible...but...I wish we could have removed those wood lockers and donated them to a high school or some such rather than bust up good woodwork with a sledge...for a video.

Upon further viewing...I don’t think it’s actually hardwood...looks more like a particle board with veneer finish. So disregard.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I’m pretty sure that’s a violation. Not 100% sure tho

I’d be ok donating it to a YMCA or whatever also. But after re-evaluating the busted up wood, and rethinking the cost of removing and relocating them in good condition....probably not realistic or economically wise.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This is gonna probably sound lame, and might not have been feasible...but...I wish we could have removed those wood lockers and donated them to a high school or some such rather than bust up good woodwork with a sledge...for a video.
That's cheap *** particle board. The lockers wouldn't have survived the trip to a new home. I hope this time around we can afford better materials.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Oil and gas monery
O u getting out of locker in trailers ne,t to stadium into shiney new facilities.

U Texas breaks the 200,000,000 per year athletic budget
OKLA state had a 236,000,000 budget.

Big programs generally have room to spread out and the money to make it glitzy.

Our space is limited on campus , so our design must be well thought out. Its all good.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
That's cheap *** particle board. The lockers wouldn't have survived the trip to a new home. I hope this time around we can afford better materials.

Maybe the particle board was a conscious choice for safety reasons. A guy gets frustrated and angry in the locker room and punches his locker...better to have particle board he can punch through instead of solid oak to shatter his hand.