Locker Room Renovation Underway

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got to thinking about what whisky said about salvage uses for the lockers. Even though cheap wood they could have value as a memento
I wonder if the players or their parents were offered their old locker door. Damn cool for a man cave. They surely had a name or a jersey number. I would have killed to get my sons locker door.

I know we could have got a click $ for the mega tron locker door that was in the private locker room.

More than anything it is something to talk about. MARKETING

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Maybe the particle board was a conscious choice for safety reasons. A guy gets frustrated and angry in the locker room and punches his locker...better to have particle board he can punch through instead of solid oak to shatter his hand.
Kinda' like car windshield safety glass, eh? Breaks into a million pieces instead of deadly shards. :)

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
Got to thinking about what whisky said about salvage uses for the lockers. Even though cheap wood they could have value as a memento
I wonder if the players or their parents were offered their old locker door. Damn cool for a man cave. They surely had a name or a jersey number. I would have killed to get my sons locker door.

I know we could have got a click $ for the mega tron locker door that was in the private locker room.

More than anything it is something to talk about. MARKETING
The old lockers used to have metal plates with the name and number on them that could easily be screwed of and removed/changed. Would think the players got those.

Deleted member 2897

come now @Supersizethatorder-mutt we've already trouble shot your problem as your firefox blocking the automatic embed of facebook videos because it doesn't think it's secure. I even gave you steps to how to unblock it.

giphy.gif

come now @Supersizethatorder-mutt we've already trouble shot your problem as your firefox blocking the automatic embed of facebook videos because it doesn't think it's secure. I even gave you steps to how to unblock it.
First, how am I supposed to know that it was a FB link, when all I see is empty space? Second, I remember you addressing the issue, but I don't remember what your solution was or if it worked.

I received a personal email from Ken this morning asking about my memories of the old pool. It appears he used some of what I told him in this article. I have fond (???) memories of Freddie Lanoue's "drownproofing" class; it was quite an experience, to say the least. The one thing that neither Ken nor I had an answer for was how or why the remains of the old pool were not noticed when the current north stands and locker room were built. If it's a problem now, why wasn't it a problem in 1995. Anyone have any knowledge or thoughts about that?

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I received a personal email from Ken this morning asking about my memories of the old pool. It appears he used some of what I told him in this article. I have fond (???) memories of Freddie Lanoue's "drownproofing" class; it was quite an experience, to say the least. The one thing that neither Ken nor I had an answer for was how or why the remains of the old pool were not noticed when the current north stands and locker room were built. If it's a problem now, why wasn't it a problem in 1995. Anyone have any knowledge or thoughts about that?
Okay I've heard about the class many times....so what did you do/learn in it?