LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
They told SACS (the accreditation board for southeastern colleges) that it was a few “rogue” AA advisors colluding with a sympathetic Carolina staff member to keep players eligible, and it just “spilled over” to regular students. They told the NCAA that that it was purely an academic failing, with “rogue” facuty/staff that we’re not following university guidelines, and that it had nothing to do with keeping players eligible.

Basically, the AA pointed to the university as a defense against the NCAA, and the university pointed to the AA as a defense against SAC—and both accrediting organizations pretended to believe these mutually contradictory stories. Total BS.
This is basically correct.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
This is basically correct.
And the thing is, when I was eight years old, I’d try that sort of crap with my parents: “Mom, Dad said I could (yaddayadda).” My parents were not rocket surgeons, nor were they responsible for any sort of accreditation, but they could see through my cr*ppy attempt at subterfuge before I could even get all the words out of my mouth.

Teelittle0608

Georgia Tech Fan
Trying to put 2 and 2 together, did maybe DLab give Justin Moore (the recruit's host) a wad of money to go out and have fun (expensive dinner, entertainment, etc. etc.) and JM took him to the strip club without DLab initially knowing...so that's why JM is in the doghouse. But then what's on DLab maybe is that eventually he found out but didn't immediately report it, just figuring it would never come up? Just trying to guess why all this is taking so long, like there might be some extentuating who-dun-it circumstances.

With regards to UNCheat, I wish no ill-will on anybody, especially not these guys who from everything I can ever tell operated above board and honestly. Having said that, UNCheat has their reputation for a reason. If you don't want to be accused of being dirty, then don't go play in the mud with the pigs. UNCheat has a long and sordid history of misbehavior. In their most recent endeavor, they went through NCAA hearings as a result of running fake classes for a decade. Literally their defense was that it wasn't in the NCAAs purview. Not that they didn't do it, but just that it was outside of the NCAAs jurisdiction. So they not only cheat, but they admit they cheat, but they do it in a way that dumbs down the entire University (regular students could take the fake classes too if they could find out about them). You don't get any more of a slimy school than that. "I'm going to run a section of our school as a sham just to help athletes stay eligible." That's the antithesis of an actual University.
I don’t think Dlab gave Justin money to wntertain Nas. Every meal we had while we were there was with the entire team and staff. It’s all too muddied up at this point, though.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Forums like this are for fan(atic)s who want to learn more about their school teams, talk about their school teams, argue school sports points, argue other school points, argue politics, argue, argue, argue.

The problem with this situation is that it's gone on too long with nothing being released by the School. This leads to speculation, which, as we all know, grows with each retelling of the rumors. Rumors merge, rumors split and diverge, get retold and remolded. Bits and pieces of different rumors are morphed into a credible-sounding narrative.

Unfortunately, this is the ugly side of sports forums. I, for one, appreciate anyone willing to come here and share information not generally known in the public with the rest of us. I appreciate Jumpman, I appreciate BigDaddyBuzz, and I appreciate Teelittle for coming here and sharing their knowledge and/or experiences. Unfortunately, too many people feel emboldened by the general anonymity of a message board forum. Also, too many people get butt-hurt when someone offends their sensibilities. I admit, I've probably done both on this site.

Let's all not forget that we cheer for the same team (mostly) and that we all want the kids and coaches to be successful.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
To me, this thing compares to the Mueller imvestigation. Mueller was authorized to investigate Trump's collusion with Russians during he campaign and it opened a can of worms. Probably same has happened here with Labarre and Little becoming entangled in the basketball recruiting investigation. For now, I take Jumpman's word as the most knowledgeable poster on this board and Little' dad word as a person closest to the issue, that this does not have anything to do with payoff to players & recruits by Labarrie nor Little's recruitment. Just like Mueller's investigation, we ain't going to know any more until the larger investigation of basketball recruiting is completed and as corrupt as basketball recruiting has been, this could be quite awhile.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just like Mueller's investigation, we ain't going to know any more until the larger investigation of basketball recruiting is completed and as corrupt as basketball recruiting has been, this could be quite awhile.

I haven't seen anything, not even the various rumors that I consider unreliable, that indicate that this has anything to do with the FBI investigation into bball recruiting.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? Who are you to tell anyone how or what to post?

maybe its time you bought some baby blue gear since youre a tar hole lover. me? i dont want a tar hole fan coming where i hang and telling us how to act. its your problem if you cant figure that out for yourself.

Last edited:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Who cares? Who are you to tell anyone how or what to post?"

so youre a mod now are you? lmao at you dude.

You got me there... No, but if I were a mod, you would be on verge of suspension for using ****ty jokes and 5th grade expressions (Tar Hole lover, really?). lmao at you dude!

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
People keep saying this. That makes no sense to me. Then why isn’t he already fired? The only explanation that makes sense to me for him not being fired yet is that the decision hasn’t been made yet.
What would be the benefit of letting him go now? The way I see it, all you would do is bring more negative attention to the program. One that has already seen two players suspended this year, another player that is not travelling/suiting up with the team with no explanation, and a coach who is in the middle of a lawsuit relative to the aforementioned suspensions. If we let him go now, the staff wouldn't hire his replacement until the end of the season anyway, so you would just be extending the time where you have to answer legitimate questions about it by 2 months.

In my opinion, it would be better to follow bad news almost immediately with good news (i.e. we're letting this guy go, but intend to backfill him with Coach XYZ). You can't do that if you make an announcement mid-season.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
lmfao at you dude.
I just want to see the tag team match between @connell62 and @gtpi featuring @Jumpman and @BigDaddyBuzz

I'll be the guest ref cheatin' for one side ... but for which side? :cautious:

Can't we all just get along? Let's unite in our hatred for Athenians?

i fixed that problem with an ignore. im not looking to have a continuing feud with anybody here. as far as a tag team goes? my homey stipe is in my corner. heh

it was bad enough to have teddy and the refs call a lopsided game let alone one of our own defend a tar hole.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
i fixed that problem with an ignore. just dont want to see anybody sticking up for the tarholes on this board. do it on their board.

it was bad enough to have teddy and the refs call a lopsided game let alone one of our own defend a tar hole.

Stahhp it.

I'm trying to bring you knuckleheads together ... by proposing that y'all wrassle or something :meh: .. eh, sounded better in my head.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i fixed that problem with an ignore. just dont want to see anybody sticking up for the tarholes on this board. do it on their board.

Guess you haven't succeeded in life until you have haters or get added to someone's ignore list!

You can call me a lot of things, but Tar Hole lover isn't one of them. LOL

Now Jimmy Hart, I mean kg01, grab that chair and let's get this over with..