LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

Teelittle0608

Georgia Tech Fan
This whole thing is ridiculous including the father off a former recruit coming in here lecturing people when his kid is named in the FBI report and he just signed with UNCheat of all schools. So we should believe him over any of the rest of the crap posted in here? Whatever Labarrie did is being kept extremely quiet. Many people that post on these boards have a connection somewhere and can find things out but in the case off Labarrie no one is talking. More quiet than usual for Tech which combined with the length off his supposed suspension doesn't bode well for him. It's a ****ty situation and has cost us at least one 5 star recruit and worse it pushed the guy to the cesspool. Typical Tech. Our basketball program has shown signs off life here and there but every time we feel like we're close to "getting over the hump" and finally getting back to signing elite players that put us in the tournament we get the door slammed in our faces. For Labarrie's sake I hope whatever he did is not a career ending thing and that our basketball program doesn't suffer anymore than it already has because of it.
Typically, I would ignore ignorant posts like this, but I feel like being on one today. Your whole premise is assinine, especially in regards to me and my son. We owe you nothing. A decision was made, so let that be that. Regarding the FBI investigation. While his name was not mentioned, it was easy to to put the dots together and make an assesment that Nassir was the recruit involved. If the NCAA scandal is the reason that you chose not to believe it when I tell you that DLab giving Nas money is a lie, then so be it. Even though you don't believe it, it still gives you no right to impune me or my family. I wasn't "lecturing" people. I was letting you know that report of DLab give Nas $2500 is bull$h!t and the person who told the poster that that was the case is lying...straight up. I put that on everything sacred. I take your words personally because you don't know anything about me or my family or anything we've experienced. You can guess and speculate, but based on your comments here, I gurarantee you'd be wrong.

Teelittle0608

Georgia Tech Fan
T, hope you're doing well. It is frustrating. People that know Daryl or how this staff operates have been saying for a while that this had nothing to do with Nas Little or his visit and that things needed to play out.

My gripe with this entire thing is the silence and how long it has drug out. The length of time that this thing has been going on allow for stupid rumors and **** like this story to bubble up. Maybe I'm just naive, but I've never once thought the issue had anything to do with money or strip club
We're doing pretty well, despite all that has happened since September. Thank you for asking. I hope you're doing well too! We'll be visiting Atlanta again when Nas plays in the McDonald's All-American Game. Darryl was nothing but aboveboard with me and my family during Nas' entire recruitment. That's why I hate to see his name associated with anything like what has happened.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW if this was about giving a recruit $2500 we wouldn't be waiting this long for the results. That would be a quick resolution (though unfortunate resolution) No offense intended to anyone who has heard and posted this - not my point to go down that road.

I make no claim to knowing anything other than it is taking way too long for this to play out. So since GT has to do all the legwork I have to assume either the facts are not yet known or the facts are on the edge of NCAA guidelines and that is what is taking so long (aka UNC Case) Either way it sucks.

I still wish we had hired Cam Newton's lawyers for a quick resolution.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
And BTW congrats to Nas on a fine school and good luck to him except for twice a year (or more if we meet in the tourneys)

crut

Helluva Engineer
And BTW congrats to Nas on a fine school and good luck to him except for twice a year (or more if we meet in the tourneys)
Lol.

(There's certainly a joke to me made here but given the tension in this thread I'll just leave it at lol)

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
Typically, I would ignore ignorant posts like this, but I feel like being on one today. Your whole premise is assinine, especially in regards to me and my son. We owe you nothing. A decision was made, so let that be that. Regarding the FBI investigation. While his name was not mentioned, it was easy to to put the dots together and make an assesment that Nassir was the recruit involved. If the NCAA scandal is the reason that you chose not to believe it when I tell you that DLab giving Nas money is a lie, then so be it. Even though you don't believe it, it still gives you no right to impune me or my family. I wasn't "lecturing" people. I was letting you know that report of DLab give Nas $2500 is bull$h!t and the person who told the poster that that was the case is lying...straight up. I put that on everything sacred. I take your words personally because you don't know anything about me or my family or anything we've experienced. You can guess and speculate, but based on your comments here, I gurarantee you'd be wrong.
First off no where in my post did I say that the reason Labarrie was suspended/fired whatever was because you or your kid got paid and that the previous poster was correct. I explicitly stated that none off us knows exactly what happened and that GT is being way more quiet than normal about this situation. It's already cost us a 5 star point guard. As for impugning your family you may want to take that up with the FBI instead of me or any other poster on a Georgia Tech message board. As for UNCheat their track record speaks for itself in both basketball and football. Good luck convincing anyone here that ole Roy is above board in all his dealings. Maybe he was with you but only you know that. I doubt anyone here cares at this point. That ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned and I think most here are looking forward to the guys we did sign coming in and helping this team get better. Best of luck in Chapel Hill except when you play Tech. Hope it all works out for you and Nassir.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lol.

(There's certainly a joke to me made here but given the tension in this thread I'll just leave it at lol)

I figured there would be a bit of dissent regarding UNC. And I am not above a bit of ABC myself. (but then I have to deal with Duke and that is a different level :eek:)

But at the moment a bit of southern gentileness seemed warranted :)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Considering how few people on this (or any) message board know enough first hand to make any judgements or draw any conclusions, we sure are a talkative bunch.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
... I ... amuse you? Like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to blankin' amuse you?

:cool:

I type LOL a lot, but this really got me. If I had been drinking (can't explain, don't understand, why I wasn't), Danny Thomas would've slow clapped my spit take.

That being said, we're living in the unfortunate age where you need to be rebuked for cultural appropriation.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
stop with the nonsense. unc cheats and most of us say as much say as much say as much elsewhere. i dont play that crap. dont care if nas's dad sees my post or not. he chose a semipro team. not a college. dont pretend like he didnt!!!!!!!!! its disingenuous and i find it insulting.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
... I ... amuse you? Like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to blankin' amuse you?

:cool:

That’s what I was told by someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, so it must be true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
stop with the nonsense. unc cheats and most of us say as much say as much say as much elsewhere. i dont play that crap. dont care if nas's dad sees my post or not. he chose a semipro team. not a college. dont pretend like he didnt!!!!!!!!! its disingenuous and i find it insulting.

Who cares? Who are you to tell anyone how or what to post?