LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wow

This was a good tale of hate and discontent to get caught up on first thing this morning.

I thought we had established that wasn’t Nas? It was “supposedly” a guy whose name rhymes with Endell Arter?

It’s the details that are.....still unclear.

As far as our two most informed guys not posting any longer.....that’s just GT not having nice things. You get used to it being a fan of this program

crut

Helluva Engineer
Agreed...probably time to lock this thread....The wheels seem to coming off.

That being said, FREE DLAB!!!
Wait what.... in consecutive posts you claim no one should be telling people what to post, and then in the next that you think people shouldn't be allowed to post. Alrighty.

This is the only forum I've ever been on where people are so scared of narrative that whenever they don't like the narrative they call for the thread to be locked. It's so freaking weird.

Deleted member 2897

Trying to put 2 and 2 together, did maybe DLab give Justin Moore (the recruit's host) a wad of money to go out and have fun (expensive dinner, entertainment, etc. etc.) and JM took him to the strip club without DLab initially knowing...so that's why JM is in the doghouse. But then what's on DLab maybe is that eventually he found out but didn't immediately report it, just figuring it would never come up? Just trying to guess why all this is taking so long, like there might be some extentuating who-dun-it circumstances.

With regards to UNCheat, I wish no ill-will on anybody, especially not these guys who from everything I can ever tell operated above board and honestly. Having said that, UNCheat has their reputation for a reason. If you don't want to be accused of being dirty, then don't go play in the mud with the pigs. UNCheat has a long and sordid history of misbehavior. In their most recent endeavor, they went through NCAA hearings as a result of running fake classes for a decade. Literally their defense was that it wasn't in the NCAAs purview. Not that they didn't do it, but just that it was outside of the NCAAs jurisdiction. So they not only cheat, but they admit they cheat, but they do it in a way that dumbs down the entire University (regular students could take the fake classes too if they could find out about them). You don't get any more of a slimy school than that. "I'm going to run a section of our school as a sham just to help athletes stay eligible." That's the antithesis of an actual University.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
With regards to UNCheat, I wish no ill-will on anybody, especially not these guys who from everything I can ever tell operated above board and honestly. Having said that, UNCheat has their reputation for a reason. If you don't want to be accused of being dirty, then don't go play in the mud with the pigs. UNCheat has a long and sordid history of misbehavior. In their most recent endeavor, they went through NCAA hearings as a result of running fake classes for a decade. Literally their defense was that it wasn't in the NCAAs purview. Not that they didn't do it, but just that it was outside of the NCAAs jurisdiction. So they not only cheat, but they admit they cheat, but they do it in a way that dumbs down the entire University (regular students could take the fake classes too if they could find out about them). You don't get any more of a slimy school than that. "I'm going to run a section of our school as a sham just to help athletes stay eligible." That's the antithesis of an actual University.

And everybody now is all ....:whistle: about it. As if it was no big deal.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wait what.... in consecutive posts you claim no one should be telling people what to post, and then in the next that you think people shouldn't be allowed to post. Alrighty.

This is the only forum I've ever been on where people are so scared of narrative that whenever they don't like the narrative they call for the thread to be locked. It's so freaking weird.
I'm saying that this thread likely needs to be locked because everybody and their mother seems to be coming out with a source, when it is obvious that nothing is leaking.

Lots of rumor-mongering going on as of late, which is doing nothing to help the situation or the discussion.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
And everybody now is all ....:whistle: about it. As if it was no big deal.

This not related to DLab, or what's going on...at least not directly.

BUT....ever wonder about when recruits talk about going out and living it up on their school visits? Makes you think, hmm....where are these kids getting money to "live it up"?

I believe hosts are allowed a certain amount to entertain prospective SAs, but it's not clubbin' money...ahem...

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck

BUT....ever wonder about when recruits talk about going out and living it up on their school visits? Makes you think, hmm....where are these kids getting money to "live it up"?

I believe hosts are allowed a certain amount to entertain prospective SAs, but it's not clubbin' money...ahem...

Current meme res of the team definitely get money to spend when recruits come in town. At least they do at UGA I imagine there is an allowance permitted by the NCAA.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I wonder where the tattoo money comes from

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm saying that this thread likely needs to be locked because everybody and their mother seems to be coming out with a source, when it is obvious that nothing is leaking.

Lots of rumor-mongering going on as of late, which is doing nothing to help the situation or the discussion.
Stuff is leaking, there just aren't 2,000 word reports available to the mass public written by guys with blue check marks. The information on this thread has been consistent enough for you to get an idea of what's going on. Sure, you can look at them as rumors if you choose. But where there's smoke, there's fire.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Stuff is leaking, there just aren't 2,000 word reports available to the mass public written by guys with blue check marks. The information on this thread has been consistent enough for you to get an idea of what's going on. Sure, you can look at them as rumors if you choose. But where there's smoke, there's fire.

Please enlighten me because I must be missing something. This thread is 18 pages long, and thus far, I've not seen anyone provide anything that was credible. The most common "rumor" in this thread is that he provided money to Justin Moore and a prospective recruit to go a strip club on an official visit. I might ultimately be made to look foolish, but I think that is laughable. Time will tell! Some in this thread might look mighty foolish when this is all said and done.

Many have said that they don't expect him back. At this point, is that really much of a revelation when he has been suspended this long? To play Devils advocate, it just seems to me that if GT had found something and self-reported (if I remember correctly), and it was severe enough that it took several months to investigate, wouldn't we have already terminated him?

My only thing is that if we are going to keep the thread open, we need to give Dlab enough respect not to run his name through the mud.

People often lose site of the fact that players and prospective recruits parents do read this board and we don't want to bash one of our own.

Last edited:

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Think a lot of you guys are need to open your eyes and put this all together. I understand their is no 100% proof but I released this rumor weeks ago and it’s all making more sense.

Justin Moore played 34 games last year around 20 minutes a clip. The rumor comes out and all of a sudden he’s completely healthy, grades fine, 100% eligible but he’s not playing? I get Jose’s play has shocked us and the GT staff, but for a sophomore who startded 18 games last year that knows the system, to all of a sudden not play for an “unknown reason” around the exact time DLab is suspended is way more than a coincidence...

I had a lot of people comment to the rumor that It was only 2 games and Justin is going to return soon, well I’ve waited 3 more games and still no return? I’ll keep waiting though.

But of course this is just a coincidence right? DLab gets suspended... Justin’s not playing yet completely eligible and healthy, believe what you want, I can pretty much see the truth.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastners comments on the radio show indicate that Justin Moore has not been dressing out by his (Justin’s) choice. Doesn’t have to do with the NCAA. He hasn’t been happy with playing time.

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
My Justin Moore theory is that Mike Devoe said he would only come to GT if he was guaranteed his number which is #0. CJP said you got it and benched Justin Moore and said sorry but you’ve got to transfer and boom. #0 freed up. Lol Go Jackets! :ROFLMAO:

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow

This is what's crazy to me. How is it that they can do this and then not get hammered by the folks who handle accreditation?

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Pastners comments on the radio show indicate that Justin Moore has not been dressing out by his (Justin’s) choice. Doesn’t have to do with the NCAA. He hasn’t been happy with playing time.
Doesn’t add up to me. Everyone knows Justin is transferring next year with Jose’s play, Devoe coming in and Shembari being eligible. Why choose not to play and sit out rather than pulling a JT and transferring mid year this way your eligible for the second semester of next year? Pretty sure if it was up to him he’d rather sit out 2 semesters and play next year than sit out the rest of this season and the next season as well. Maybe it’s just me but that just doesn’t make any sense.

Deleted member 2897

This is what's crazy to me. How is it that they can do this and then not get hammered by the folks who handle accreditation?

I know right? I think they got 1 year probation. If running a fake University only gets you on probation, and only for 1 year, what in the world do you have to do to lose it, get a major fine, or a longer probation at least? LOL.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Alright, I'm ending the speculation. This is what my "sources" have told me:

Everyone knows DLab is pretty well connected with the GA basketball scene. What most people don't know is DLab has a lot of ties to the crypto currency market as well. Well, one of DLab's contacts in the cryto currency world told him about this crypto called BitCoin years ago. DLab got in EARLY. Like when BTC was worth $0.80. He invested $20,000 in the BitCoin years ago...and is now worth well north of $400 million.

So when they say DLab is on paid leave, he is literally on PAID leave.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
They told SACS (the accreditation board for southeastern colleges) that it was a few “rogue” AA advisors colluding with a sympathetic Carolina staff member to keep players eligible, and it just “spilled over” to regular students. They told the NCAA that that it was purely an academic failing, with “rogue” facuty/staff that we’re not following university guidelines, and that it had nothing to do with keeping players eligible.

Basically, the AA pointed to the university as a defense against the NCAA, and the university pointed to the AA as a defense against SAC—and both accrediting organizations pretended to believe these mutually contradictory stories. Total BS.