LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
People keep saying this. That makes no sense to me. Then why isn’t he already fired? The only explanation that makes sense to me for him not being fired yet is that the decision hasn’t been made yet.

My inclination, IF IF IF IF DLab isn't coming back is that they want to do him a solid by not "firing" him, but "releasing" him from his contract so it's easier for him to find another job. It's entirely possible he could have been told he wasn't coming back, but they told him they wouldn't make an announcement as to afford him the opportunity to take a job somewhere else without the stigma of getting fired. Wouldn't be surprised IF after the season it's announced DLab is taking a job elsewhere and everything that happened to cause his hiatus is kept between GT and DLab.

Of course, it all depends on what the NCAA finds.

My hope is that the NCAA comes back with something minor if anything, and DLab is given time served and he returns to the team.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Uncaa is incredibly slow unless u r puke. Didn't that Kansas player go to Europe today cause its been 2 months with no decision on his eligibility? They probably won't make a decision on LeBarrie until next season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I beleive Preston was cleared and within 24 he was involved in a car accident in a vehicle that did not belong to him which spawned another investigation.

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
No longer listed on the team site as a coach. I saw someone had mentioned he’s not on the staff directory either for the institute. Seem like he’s been let go and not coming back.

Attachments

• 574CFE09-C985-4B0B-AB5C-736B23121780.png
    574CFE09-C985-4B0B-AB5C-736B23121780.png
    829.1 KB · Views: 78

Deleted member 2897

His social media accounts (Twitter, IG) still say GT Assistant Basketball Coach. He's a prolific Twitter user, so that's odd. I've heard he's been gone for awhile, but odd he never updated his profile.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
seems like for a public university, this would be in the public domain, right?

A lot of employee actions including termination are not made public. Doesn't surprise me that something with LeBarrie could happen and not be disclosed. May also possibly be part of a termination agreement that it not be disclosed. Supposition on my part - no direct knowledge

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
He uses Twitter a lot so I am a bit surprised he still has Gt assistant coach. Fact he isn’t listed as a coach sure makes it seem like he is probably not coming back. That’s a bummer if true. Jumpman has been very quiet on this now so I am worried.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
what ever happened it sounds like 'gtu' is trying to keep the damage to dlab to a minimum which sounds like a good deal to me. i have no animosity towards dlab. if anything this killed or severly hurt his career early on which is a shame.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech assistant Darryl LaBarrie told ESPN he has resigned in the midst of an NCAA investigation into a violation involving hosting of a recruit.

On twitter just now

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I ****ing hate this.

I wanna know specifically what the violation is, because I see a young man out there averaging a double double who is probably involved and is seemingly unaffected by it.
You can send DLab a tweet and ask. Maybe he will share what he is accused of doing.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
The NCAA is such a joke. Punish him and move on. Dragging this out is absurd. Saying that, I hate it for DLab and Tech, but I hope we can move forward now. Man, it’s been a tough season.