LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We just aren't used to this stuff with a coach and several players violating NCAA rules in one year. Troubling.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Still eerily quiet. I assume they’ve kept him informed but this thing needs closure. The longer this draws out, the worse it is for all involved.

Malpharetta04

Georgia Tech Fan
This has dragged on for far too long.
I'm as big a Pastner fan as you will find on this side of Ron Bell circa 2015, but this is just the icing on what has been a flat out embarrassment of a year thus far, in all aspects other than recruiting.
Ironically, DLab is an integral part in that one bright spot.
Quit stringing this along and let's right this ship for the remainder of the year.
(I've been drinking all night.)

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Normally I rely on Jumpman and believe his intel to be true, but I have it on fairly good authority that this is a serious issue. I don’t believe that this will be swept under the rug and there will be consequences. If true, it is a significant infraction and a bad use of judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
Normally I rely on Jumpman and believe his intel to be true, but I have it on fairly good authority that this is a serious issue. I don’t believe that this will be swept under the rug and there will be consequences. If true, it is a significant infraction and a bad use of judgement.

What's the infraction?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
To my knowledge no one has disclosed the potential infraction. That is what is frustrating to the outside but IMHO totally appropriate for GT to do. The jist of the logic train at this point is if it were minor it would be adjudicated by now but since it hasn't been it is most likely more than "minor" or for some reason getting the details/facts of the case are hard to do.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't seen @Jumpman post in about 10 days. He has been the most consistent source of information about situations like this. A couple weeks ago he was advocating patience and saying this was a minor issue that was taking time. I'm still choosing to follow that logic stream until I see specific credible information that proves otherwise

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't seen @Jumpman post in about 10 days. He has been the most consistent source of information about situations like this. A couple weeks ago he was advocating patience and saying this was a minor issue that was taking time. I'm still choosing to follow that logic stream until I see specific credible information that proves otherwise

Totally get this - I’m just saying I feel confident in my source, but certainly to each his own. I don’t really feel comfortable revealing the details of the infraction, but if true, it is serious and will result in significant consequences.

There are certain things that are okay to do with a recruit on a visit. What was allegedly done is not okay in any circumstance.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Been out of the country visiting family. Rumors are rumors and all need to wait on the school. I’d be careful about what some are posting. I’d hate for you to be caught up in a lawsuit. Heading back to the airport, I’ll more than likely be silent for some time.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
Totally get this - I’m just saying I feel confident in my source, but certainly to each his own. I don’t really feel comfortable revealing the details of the infraction, but if true, it is serious and will result in significant consequences.

There are certain things that are okay to do with a recruit on a visit. What was allegedly done is not okay in any circumstance.

The Gold Club closed years ago...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe I have consumed too much of the Koolaid, but I do not see LeBarrie intentionally breaking the rules. If he did something naively that was wrong, I am OK with dealing with the consequences and moving forward. See seems like a good guy.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Been out of the country visiting family. Rumors are rumors and all need to wait on the school. I’d be careful about what some are posting. I’d hate for you to be caught up in a lawsuit. Heading back to the airport, I’ll more than likely be silent for some time.
So your saying we need to be worried?

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
What would be lawsuit worthy here? No one has given specific details as to what they're hearing, and I don't plan to. I was just trying to give some information because I think the fan base deserves to know a little more than what's come out - especially those of us who give money by way of donations and season tickets every year.

slugboy

Staff member
For some reason--and it's totally blind on my part--I feel more confident in the current AA than I did with Bobinski, Radakovich, or Braine. I wish that LaBarrie was back on the bench already and that everything was sorted out positively. I think he's been a great coach.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
What would be lawsuit worthy here? No one has given specific details as to what they're hearing, and I don't plan to. I was just trying to give some information because I think the fan base deserves to know a little more than what's come out - especially those of us who give money by way of donations and season tickets every year.
I love how the guy who donates and buys season tickets thinks he deserves more information.