Latest D1 Projection

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
You are probably right and you know a lot more than I do, but I think the 4 seeds are pretty much small conference champions and some #3 seed was probably the last team in.
They are. According to D1 Baseball, there were 18 automatic "one bid" conferences in their opinion this year. So all #4 seeds and 2 #3 seeds likely from that group.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
TCU is not coming to the ACC. SMU is...
Speaking of, SMU doesn't play baseball. So baseball will remain at an even number of schools for now, adding Cal and Stanford to go to 16 teams. It was just a few years ago that Cal was really close to closing down shop on baseball, hopefully that is in their past now.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Commo
K State has a representative on the committee. No way they were left out.
Committee chairman said reps from a conference are excluded from discussions and votes on a team from their conference. When Florida came up, he mentioned out of conference sos very important. Our 5 out of 6 conference wins late in the season is really what put us in I do believe.
Me thinks the committee doesn't deserve all the whining they receive, just my opinion.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Commo

Committee chairman said reps from a conference are excluded from discussions and votes on a team from their conference. When Florida came up, he mentioned out of conference sos very important. Our 5 out of 6 conference wins late in the season is really what put us in I do believe.
Me thinks the committee doesn't deserve all the whining they receive, just my opinion.
They say what they want to justify the outcomes. If non-conference SOS were very important, we certainly wouldn't be in (we're #202).

Let's look at the head-scratchiest decisions by the committee:

ECU hosting (RPI #22) over Wake (#9) or Duke (#16, ACC champ) - ECU AD is on the committee
UF safely in despite a 28-27 record and having won 1 series in the past 2 months - UF AD is on the committee
Indiana (32-24, RPI #55) selected instead of, say, TCU (33-21, RPI #39) - Indiana AD is on the committee
Kansas State (32-24, RPI #45) also in instead of TCU (33-21, RPI #39, won a series vs. K-state) - Kansas State associate AD is on the committee
Coastal Carolina in off the bubble - Coastal Carolina AD is chair of the committee

Just a bunch of happy coincidences, I guess.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Commo

I heard that interview also.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
They say what they want to justify the outcomes. If non-conference SOS were very important, we certainly wouldn't be in (we're #202).

Let's look at the head-scratchiest decisions by the committee:

ECU hosting (RPI #22) over Wake (#9) or Duke (#16, ACC champ) - ECU AD is on the committee
UF safely in despite a 28-27 record and having won 1 series in the past 2 months - UF AD is on the committee
Indiana (32-24, RPI #55) selected instead of, say, TCU (33-21, RPI #39) - Indiana AD is on the committee
Kansas State (32-24, RPI #45) also in instead of TCU (33-21, RPI #39, won a series vs. K-state) - Kansas State associate AD is on the committee
Coastal Carolina in off the bubble - Coastal Carolina AD is chair of the committee

Just a bunch of happy coincidences, I guess.
In our case OOC SOS certainly hurt us but the 5 out of 6 conference wins late in the season in the highly rated ACC obviously is more important. They You say what they you want to justify your opinion. lol

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
In our case OOC SOS certainly hurt us but the 5 out of 6 conference wins late in the season in the highly rated ACC obviously is more important. They You say what they you want to justify your opinion. lol
I've gotta agree with Lagrange on this one. As I wrote earlier, there were 5 "controversial" decisions and all 5 went the way of the school that had a representative on the committee. And, as pointed out, what is "important" changes continuously. I wrote this a week or two ago; I truly believe that the committee in all of these sports makes the decisions based on the eye test and then finds the datapoint needed to back-up their eye test. At least in the case of baseball and basketball we are debating over which schools will get to be cannon fodder for the eventual champions, so it isn't really that big of a deal in the bg picture.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Looks like we are toast. Both Kansas State and Indiana are in. How they made it over us just tells me the metrics they are using will not be in our favor. Indiana only one 1 road series all year and it wasn't against a top ten team.
Glad this didn't age well! 😀