61. College of Charleston
62. Coastal Carolina
63. Indiana
64. Florida

65. Georgia Tech
66. California
67. James Madison
68. Troy

Baseball America has us in. UConn is more solidly in for them too.

Last Four In
61. TCU
62. Florida
63. Georgia Tech
64. Indiana

First Four Out
65. California
66. Charleston ⬇️
67. Kansas State
68. Xavier

Either way, it will be close. It'll be hard to feel shafted - we had our chance. Let's see if it was enough.

FittedJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s depressing to think about the season at this point. We lose to BC at home and blow leads at UNC. Drop a game to Cornell. We get swept by the SEC this year.

FittedJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s depressing to think about the season at this point. We lose to BC at home and blow leads at UNC. Drop a game to Cornell. We get swept by the SEC this year. I know there are more bad loses but these really hurt. I would understand getting left out, but I still think we are more deserving and better that some of the half *** conference at large bid winners.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
We didn't win ourselves in so we deserve what we get.
Certainly we had every chance to play ourselves off of the bubble and failed to do so. We have left it in the hands of a committee. Not a great idea.

I watched the D1 Baseball YouTube show where they picked their final 64. I'm glad they aren't the official committee and hopefully the official committee does a more thorough job. They chose UConn pretty early on for the reason that "the Big East is getting 2 bids". That was it, they didn't even look at UConn's resume. Then, for Northeastern, they simply said "they didn't get it done" without any explanation as to what they meant by that. If you compare the two schools they are close, with the advantage (IMO) going to Northeastern since they won both games head-to-head. But the D1 Baseball guys didn't even look at that. They put Florida in because "no other school on this list could win a game against Arkansas, Tennessee..." while dissing James Madison for not having done anything. This ignores that fact that James Madison did in fact win a game against Arkansas. I know these guys have probably had other discussions behind the scenes and perhaps this YouTube was just for show, but I was quite unimpressed by their process for looking at the bubble teams and how much they talked out of both sides of their mouths.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Here's d1's ladder. Just out, UConn is in

61. College of Charleston
62. Coastal Carolina
63. Indiana
64. Florida

65. Georgia Tech
66. California
67. James Madison
68. Troy

Baseball America has us in. UConn is more solidly in for them too.

Last Four In
61. TCU
62. Florida
63. Georgia Tech
64. Indiana

First Four Out
65. California
66. Charleston ⬇️
67. Kansas State
68. Xavier

Either way, it will be close. It'll be hard to feel shafted - we had our chance. Let's see if it was enough.
I know we didn't win our way in but Florida does not deserve to get in over us or any of the other 3 last 4 in. What exactly has Florida done this year????

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we didn't win our way in but Florida does not deserve to get in over us or any of the other 3 last 4 in. What exactly has Florida done this year????
They took series against Texas A&M, UGa, Mississippi St, and LSU while not getting swept by Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or South Carolina. They did, of course, get swept by Missouri.

I agree that Florida doesn't belong, they have proven over a 30 game schedule that they aren't championship caliber, but they do have some high end wins. They would be a candidate to pull an Ole Miss from 2 or 3 years ago, meaning be the last team in and then win it all. But if I'm in charge they don't get the chance.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
They took series against Texas A&M, UGa, Mississippi St, and LSU while not getting swept by Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or South Carolina. They did, of course, get swept by Missouri.

I agree that Florida doesn't belong, they have proven over a 30 game schedule that they aren't championship caliber, but they do have some high end wins. They would be a candidate to pull an Ole Miss from 2 or 3 years ago, meaning be the last team in and then win it all. But if I'm in charge they don't get the chance.
Being only 1 game.over .500 doesn't deserve a bid. I don't care what schedule they played. We have some high end wins too against host teams. Like we swept NC State and took the series against UVA. We also avoided sweeps against Florida State and Clemson.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Being only 1 game.over .500 doesn't deserve a bid. I don't care what schedule they played. We have some high end wins too against host teams. Like we swept NC State and took the series against UVA. We also avoided sweeps against Florida State and Clemson.
Yes, Fitt actually made that point on the YouTube video. Our resume is very similar to Florida's except that they are in the SEC while we are in the ACC, and we played Radford and Youngstown St on non-conference weekends whereas they played St. Mary's and Columbia. Both of us had some high end series wins, and both of us got swept by the last place team in the respective conferences.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like we are toast. Both Kansas State and Indiana are in. How they made it over us just tells me the metrics they are using will not be in our favor. Indiana only one 1 road series all year and it wasn't against a top ten team.