Latest D1 Projection

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow

We are in the last four in. Going to be a tense time on Monday.

Need Miami to lose today. Need Indiana to win. Need as few bids as possible stolen through an automatic bid. If Miami wins the acc, we are out for sure.
I'm not interested in a hall discussion as I'm over that era but I'm just wanting to see more Tech baseball as I'd love to see Drew Burress play tournament ball. We are in Athens in that projection and tbh, that isn't that scary imo.

We shall see.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow

We are in the last four in. Going to be a tense time on Monday.

Need Miami to lose today. Need Indiana to win. Need as few bids as possible stolen through an automatic bid. If Miami wins the acc, we are out for sure.
I'm not interested in a hall discussion as I'm over that era but I'm just wanting to see more Tech baseball as I'd love to see Drew Burress play tournament ball. We are in Athens in that projection and tbh, that isn't that scary imo.

We shall see.
Thanks!

FWIW (hint, close to nothing), here are my Last Four In/First Four Out as of 4 PM EST:

Note that I have 3 or 4 bids as likely to be "stolen" right now, depending on if you consider St. John's in the Big East as a stolen bid... Tulane in the AAC, St. John's in the Big East, Michigan in the Big 10, and Evansville in the Missouri Valley.

Last Four In:

61) James Madison <-- Plays Georgia Southern later this afternoon
62) Charleston <-- Plays Delaware later this afternoon
63) UConn <-- Sorry Fitted, I'm being wishy-washy and put them back in.
64) TCU

First Four Out:

65) Indiana <-- Plays Nebraska tonight, IMO we need to root for Nebraska over them.
66) Georgia Tech
67) California
68) Kansas St

Need to root for:

East Carolina to win this afternoon and again tomorrow, knocking out Tulane
Nebraska to beat Indiana tonight and win tomorrow, knocking out Michigan
Indiana St to win 2 games today and 1 tomorrow, knocking out Evansville
James Madison & Georgia Southern....I'm not sure what to root for here
Delaware to beat Charleston

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks!

FWIW (hint, close to nothing), here are my Last Four In/First Four Out as of 4 PM EST:

Note that I have 3 or 4 bids as likely to be "stolen" right now, depending on if you consider St. John's in the Big East as a stolen bid... Tulane in the AAC, St. John's in the Big East, Michigan in the Big 10, and Evansville in the Missouri Valley.

Last Four In:

61) James Madison <-- Plays Georgia Southern later this afternoon
62) Charleston <-- Plays Delaware later this afternoon
64) TCU

First Four Out:

65) Indiana <-- Plays Nebraska tonight, IMO we need to root for Nebraska over them.
66) Georgia Tech
67) California
68) Kansas St

Need to root for:

East Carolina to win this afternoon and again tomorrow, knocking out Tulane
Nebraska to beat Indiana tonight and win tomorrow, knocking out Michigan
Indiana St to win 2 games today and 1 tomorrow, knocking out Evansville
James Madison & Georgia Southern....I'm not sure what to root for here
Delaware to beat Charleston
GtBeak,

I completely agree that Monday will be quite stressful to watch for sure as a tech baseball fan. I believe your analysis nails it as tech could finish anywhere from 63 to 66. It'll be just that tight imo.

I won't focus as much on the above as I will about Tech and the acc

Tech:
Negatives-
Non conference schedule
Sweep by BC
Rpi

Positives
15-15 in best conference imo or 2nd best at a minimum
14 quad 1 wins- top 25 nationally
6 acc series wins- Only behind Clemson
Took 1 against each Clemson and FSu on the road

I think the acc gets 8 and definitely not 9 (Tech's only shot is to grab that 8th slot)

Who's in from the conference
Clemson- National Seed
FSU- Likely will hurdle uga for # 8 national seed making it to acc championship
UNC- National Seed
Nc State- Host Site
Wake - Eliminated from host site but will be a strong 2 seed after FSU loss today
UVA- outside chance at a host site
Duke- Another acc team with a chance to host

7 teams in period

4 teams competing for that 8th tournament regional bid
Miami- Only chance is to win acc championship- Must be HUGE DUKE fans tonight as I don't even want to sweat watching them play in the acc title game tomorrow
Louisville- I think they are out (Huge comeback by Clemson in a meaningless game for the Tigers) as they needed that game badly
Va Tech- They were not good down the stretch whereas the real Tech was. Their rpi is worse than ours. They went 0-2 in tournament. Little to No chance for them imo
Ga Tech- I think the jackets get that 8th bid as long as Miami doesn't win the acc

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the D1Baseball scores today, it looks like Youngstown State lost to Northern Kentucky 23-5 today in the Horizon League Championship. The fact that Youngstown State was even in the Horizon League Championship blows my mind, as they are noted as being 16-44, and 9-21 in the Horizon League. Had they won, we could have said that's another tournament bound team that we beat soundly (tic)...

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Big win by Duke moves Tech even closer to that bid imo as now Miami and Va Tech are out.
Louisville is extremely unlikely
Rooting for Duke tomorrow to win acc championship (Just threw up saying that :) )......

Winning a series against Duke who could win acc title and now a potential host winning the acc could be a big deal...If duke wins and is offered a host site...we are likely to have series wins over two host teams in Duke and Nc State. I think if duke hosts, that puts uva out imo but still got a series win over them.

Best conference should get 8 bids and I think Tech snags it now...

We shall see

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line for me is I won’t be upset if they leave us out. We had our opportunity to play ourselves in and didn’t. We played ourselves to the bubble. If we make it, I will hope for the best and continue to pull for the jackets. I can see us winning a game or two in the regionals if we have a good pitching day/weekend.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I see East Carolina got knocked out. So another stolen bid. I suspect too many for us to sneak in.

I would have liked to see us get a bid because hope springs eternal, but I think our season is over.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I see East Carolina got knocked out. So another stolen bid. I suspect too many for us to sneak in.

I would have liked to see us get a bid because hope springs eternal, but I think our season is over.
I already had East Carolina getting knocked out baked into my analysis. Evansville just beat Indiana St, so that is officially a stolen bid. I also already had that one baked in, so doesn't affect my bubble. Nebraska has made it to the Big Ten championship, so I'm moving the Big Ten out of stolen bid territory, although Penn St could change that tomorrow. I'm worried about the PAC-12, as USC leads Arizona 3-0 in the 6th in the championship game of that conference. This would be a stolen bid that I don't have baked in yet. I'm a bit worried about the runs that Wofford and Georgia Southern have been on this weekend, they could steal a bid(s) with the way they have played.

My updated bubble looks like this:

61) Coastal Carolina
62) Charleston <-- Must beat UNC-Wilmington twice tomorrow to win their tournament
64) TCU
65) Georgia Tech
66) Indiana <-- Lost twice to Nebraska today
67) Kansas St
68) Wofford <-- Have won 4 games this week, must beat Samford twice tomorrow

I sure hope Fitted Jacket is right about UConn, that might just get us in the tourney!!!

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If I were an impartial observer, I’d want the committee to give a team like Lamar or Charleston a chance over us.

Do I think they’re better than us? Maybe, maybe not. Would I rather see a potential Cinderella like them compete instead of our predictable postseason whimper? Yeah.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's d1's update for Sunday morning:

61. James Madison
62. Kansas State
63. California
64. Georgia Tech

65. College of Charleston
66. Indiana
67. Coastal Carolina
68. Georgia Southern

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
My unsolicited and ignorant no-doubt prediction is that we are in, as of Duke's win over Miami yesterday.
I hope you're right. Assuming the regular season is the committee's emphasis, we have these good things going for us.
1) ACC is strong conference. 8 has sort of always been the number of teams projected & Ga Tech is in top 8 (RPI)
2) .500 in ACC
3) WON 6 conference series.
4) Tough conference schedule. Played these top ACC teams on road: UNC, UVA, Clemson, FSU. Navigated that at 4-8... wait. No. It was 5.2-5.6 😉 [Note... folks harp on the ooc schedule being easy (rightly so). But the overall SoS is top 25.]

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Whenever I check in with this thread, which is pretty infrequently to be honest, I am struck by the total lack of excitement about this program.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Whenever I check in with this thread, which is pretty infrequently to be honest, I am struck by the total lack of excitement about this program.
I think most are hoping for a bid but you are right that the energy is just flat gone from this program.
The wear and tear of the coaching discussion just has sucked the life out of the fans in general...imo