Latest D1 Projection

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
GT wasn't even in the last four in. Safely made it.
The committee chair said they looked at how many conference series a school won, so I guess that played heavily in our favor. I understand that to a degree, but the implication of that is, if a team wins the first two games of a series, that 3rd game is close to irrelevant. Not sure that is a good idea.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm shocked. Usually these decisions don't go our way. How many people does J Batt know on the committee?
TBH, the fact that all of the controversial calls (East Carolina over Duke, Coastal Carolina over TCU, Kansas St over TCU, etc.) went in the favor of schools that had committee members is not a good look. You can talk about "safety protocols" and recusals all you want, but it sure looks fishy.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
TBH, the fact that all of the controversial calls (East Carolina over Duke, Coastal Carolina over TCU, Kansas St over TCU, etc.) went in the favor of schools that had committee members is not a good look. You can talk about "safety protocols" and recusals all you want, but it sure looks fishy.
If you control the vote, you control the election.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
GT wasn't even in the last four in. Safely made it.
The same with Florida. In retrospect I think that last win we had against FSU sealed our bid. Neither of us was in the Last Four In. It sounds like the committee placed a high emphasis on series wins within the conference so I believe that, and the fact that a lot of those series wins were against ranked teams, helped our cause. I also wonder if the committee might have rewarded Danny Hall thinking this might be his last year.

Loved seeing the excitement of the team when they were announced. You gotta believe they want some revenge against the Dwags. Of course we probably need to win our opening game to get that chance. It will be very interesting to see how we handle the pitchers. Aiden has been hit pretty hard the last few times out. CDH has a history of pulling his best arm out of the pen to start in the regional. If he does that who would it be? Thomas? Brown? My choice for game 1 would be to start Jones. Have to win that game and I believe he gives us our best chance. After that I have no idea.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When do we play?

Glad for the team that they get to play more. Sad that it lessens the chance Hall coached his last game. I didn't pay much attention but really like getting uGag to set things right. We are due with them and the SEC. It's baseball and anything can happen. Especially with our random pitching; hopefully Fast Hook Hall shows up.