King Injury Factual Updates

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
not true at all
You're part of the staff? You don't think Weinke could/would stop Faulkner from playing a less capable QB due to favoritism?

We can agree to disagree there. I realize you have played at that level and that there is favoritism and politics in any locker room, but no one will ever convince me they're not going to do what helps them win first.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC article with HK up-date. About the only additional statement about HK by coach Key: "He will be out there today, and we will see how it goes". A lot of other good comments about Haynes and the ND game included in the article.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
AJC article with HK up-date. About the only additional statement about HK by coach Key: "He will be out there today, and we will see how it goes". A lot of other good comments about Haynes and the ND game included in the article.

If King is expected to be out practicing with the team tomorrow, I imagine that would eliminate some of the more serious injury types (like Pyron's broken collarbone). A small positive takeaway.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Zach Pyron is more than capable. He's a 4-star, Elite 11 QB with a few HS state championships under his belt. If King is hurt and can't go, we may have to limit the QB runs with Pyron on account of having two Freshman behind him. The problem with that is Pyron is every bit as tough as King and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
It's sounding more and more like a bruised or jammed shoulder or hand type injury it's not long term it will be simply based on if he's able to throw with no pain or fear of aggravating. A bruised or sore shoulder can most definitely get better with days of treatment but we shall see.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I actually will be feeling decent with Pyron playing. MIGHT
be a better passer, probably not as slippery as a runner. If he can make the proper reads, I don’t think our offense will suffer IFF the coaching staff allows him to pass. (I think they will, but….i dunno).

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The weird thing is that King would seem to be favoring his arm or shoulder, but then throw a nice crisp pass later on. Hampered on some plays, fine on others. Or so it seemed to me.
It's like I was before I had my knees replaced. Some days I was Fred Astaire, other days Long John Silver. I would bet that it's a matter of King's shoulder loosening up.

Last edited:

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I actually will be feeling decent with Pyron playing. MIGHT
be a better passer, probably not as slippery as a runner. If he can make the proper reads, I don’t think our offense will suffer IFF the coaching staff allows him to pass. (I think they will, but….i dunno).
Pyron was pretty dang slippery in 2022, just not quite as fast as King but he had a knack for getting yards.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys are gonna make me get a stinking AUC subscription, aren’t you. 🤯

Try this SI article. Much of the same info with a good paragraph about Zack Pyron's abilities. Caudell makes a point that the GT 2024 team has more talent than the 2022 GT team that Pyron led to victory over VT. Also, article includes the ND injury situation.